Trade completed - Rhys Shaw and pick 61 to Sydney for pick 46

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Trade made - Rhys Shaw and pick 61 to Sydney for pick 46

Your a goose. he does more running than anyone else in the side... he is the only guy in the leauge that can get 30+ possies.... make 1 mistake and everyone pots him... pull your head in cause you have a photo of the SOFTEST footballer in the AFL under your name!

His disposal is shocking.

His turnovers cost us games this year.

correct, 2 critical errors/turnovers against Adelaide could have cost us.
The guy runs hard and gets a bit of it but kills us with poor decision making and cant hit targets. It ruins anything positive he does.
Goodbye Rhyce, shame it couldnt work out

True, but thats also the fact he gets a lot of disposals.

Even though Shaw is worth more then a upgrade of a 4th rounder, it's still a win/win. Shaw had to go, they wanted him gone after the Didak incident, and Shaw seemed to want to go as well.

It must also be noted that we seem to have a few promising midfielders coming through. Barham and Wellingham in particular are talented youngsters that have run and dash that can lpay midfield. Leon Davis' last month of footy was one of the most explosive I have seen from any Collingwood midfielder since I have followed the pies. Not to mention the continued development of Dale Thomas as he pushes into the midfield made Ryhce Shaw a good option for a trade.

What the pies need to do is draft good in and unders. A few more Jon McCarthy's who I think will be a gun and I will be very happy.

Re: OFFICIAL TRADE- Rhyce Shaw to Sydney for pick 61

we're absolutely stupid for getting rid of r.shaw. He's basically our only line breaker and after his best season we trade him off... just ridiculous...

Very happy for him to go and improve our draft position. Can't hit a target and doesn't hurt the opposition. Would've struggled for a senior game in '09 so well done to our negotiaters. We have finally moved on from this project and have closure!

I think Sydney got the better of the deal by far.

Downgrading a 3 round pick for a fourth round and getting rhyce.

I thought this year he started to play some good footy. He still has discipline issues and some motivation issues but i am really happy with this deal.

I think Sydney got the better of the deal by far.

Downgrading a 3 round pick for a fourth round and getting rhyce.

I thought this year he started to play some good footy. He still has discipline issues and some motivation issues but i am really happy with this deal.

Win Win all round - Pies get rid of their problem, Swans get value (on the face of it) and Shaw moves to a city with heaps of 24 hour bars and pubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ppl said the swans were fools for drafting mattner last year cos he couldnt kick. he seemed to have a good year.

shaw will fit in well with the swannies, he can get his own ball. but he provides a lot of dash and breaks the lines, something the swans really lack. i can see why roos would have wanted shaw. experienced player who can slot straight in to a side that lacks pace.

his kicking is frustrating at times , but he does get a lot of it . his attack on the ball is second to none despite people still bringing up that final incident against lynch. where shaw slipped because of the ground more than anything.

Hed be better off buying a house closer to Canberra, he will see alot of it next year..

He does more than half your team. Not saying he's the most gifted player in your team but he's solid, cheap and would be in your best 22 every week.

If you average 20 touches from defence you're bound to cough the ball over once or twice unless you're Luke Hodge... which he isn't. I would've taken him at pick 46!

sydney done welll

shaw is a quality player

At least this means he probably isn't coming to Melbourne in a Green trade since Green doesn't want to go to Sydney.

Can someone let Roos in on the secret that Rhyce Shaw can't kick

Stoppage.............gather................run............(fast)........... ........carry....................bounce........ break the lines ......................carry.......................bounce..................handball!

With good coaches around him anything can happen!!

Won't have the Collingwood "know it all" army on his back either!!

That will make him improve just like that!

Give the guy a chance to make a go of it. I know as a Swan supporter that I will give him a go!
Welcome to the Bloods Rhys! Kirky & co will show you how to give your best!!

Mick Malthouse has a personal vendetta against the shaw family i rkn! first get rid of brayden shaw after only 2 years didnt even get a chance, never really given rhyce a real shot even when hes in good form! and then to trade away 4 peanuts is bullshiit! MM can go fk himself

I dont know about that .He is 28 next year , a bit slow and he hasnt set the world on fire while at Collingwood .
He played 94 games in 8 years while at Collingwood .Last year was his most for a season ..20. The next best was 19 in 2003.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back