VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

Any info on C ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
According to the Sunday HS C grade will remain an 11-team comp with a 20 game H&A season. This will be achieved by playing on the bye weeks, while the other grades have the weeks off. While this might be popular with supporters, if I were C grade footballer playing for nothing I would be less than thrilled with what is proposed

As mentioned previously, it's also pretty diabolical for B-section - 6 weeks of no football (Easter, QB, mid-season break and 2 byes) in a 16-round season. Particularly given the interruptions of the past two seasons.

This isn't great for B section players (some of them), but I'd say for the majority off essentially half a season of football in 2 years that a 16 game season will likely be a good thing for their bodies in the long run.

According to the Sunday HS C grade will remain an 11-team comp with a 20 game H&A season. This will be achieved by playing on the bye weeks, while the other grades have the weeks off. While this might be popular with supporters, if I were C grade footballer playing for nothing I would be less than thrilled with what is proposed

This is crazy. I loved my footy but 20 games with no breaks is too much.

This is crazy. I loved my footy but 20 games with no breaks is too much.
Not factually correct. Each week, a team will have a bye. Only 10 of the 11 teams can play weekly. So teams will have two byes during the year, and may also have the Queens birthday break as well.

Max "Interesting times ahead" Leader

Any inside word if VAFA will introduce proof of vaccination for all players for season 2022? I would like to think they do

Not factually correct. Each week, a team will have a bye. Only 10 of the 11 teams can play weekly. So teams will have two byes during the year, and may also have the Queens birthday break as well.

Apologies my wording was a bit clumsy and of course with an uneven number one club will sit it out each week. My point was that C grade will be a 20 games H&A season and the ‘traditional’ mid-season bye weeks will be abandoned, albeit one club each week won't be playing.

Apologies my wording was a bit clumsy and of course with an uneven number one club will sit it out each week. My point was that C grade will be a 20 games H&A season and the ‘traditional’ mid-season bye weeks will be abandoned, albeit one club each week won't be playing.
Still reckon Monash are WAP.

Does this mean all the teams in C Grade will pay higher fees and all those in B grade lower fees due to the 'services' they require in season 2022 Maxy ;-)

Cheers, cheeky Chump.

P.S. I am yet to hear back from VAFA H/O about our submission to jump up to B Grade as yet ..... crickets!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any inside word if VAFA will introduce proof of vaccination for all players for season 2022? I would like to think they do

Why? Even under the current draconian rules there is no vaccination requirements for outdoor community sport. By April, hopefully Victoria will fall in line with other places and there won’t be any vaccination requirements for 99% of people.

Why? Even under the current draconian rules there is no vaccination requirements for outdoor community sport. By April, hopefully Victoria will fall in line with other places and there won’t be any vaccination requirements for 99% of people.
And then it returns

Can anyone confirm reports the VAFA have suggested all games in Div 3 and 4 will have yellow footballs and no boundary umpires, meaning the field ump just does a ball up instead of a throw in?
They do this in Supers, makes the game simpler and less burden on clubs to fill roles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back