VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

Word on the street is that there is no backdown and 3 options given to clubs and 11 teams are in all !
At end of season two get promoted to Premier B, two get relegated to Premier C, three get relegated to Div 1 and one get promoted to Premier C. In 2023 it goes back to two and two.

At end of season two get promoted to Premier B, two get relegated to Premier C, three get relegated to Div 1 and one get promoted to Premier C. In 2023 it goes back to two and two.
It'll be two up one down between b and c.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the AGM a virtual event this year or are they putting on a proper event where we can bring popcorn and a few froffies?
If it is a virtual event, the VAFA AGM would make the Handsforth Council meeting in the UK look tame by comparison. Can't remember the VAFA being in this much trouble since the period between 1998 and 2000.

Jon Anderson in the HS reporting that 3 people are challenging for positions on the board calling it "time for change" they are Alistair Ewart from Winning Edge , long time sponsor Peter Nash and former CEO Phil Stevens . The meeting with a few Presidents tomorrow night will be interesting to say the least , no one is going to accept 11 teams.

Stevens was fantastic when he was CEO. Wonderful man who I have a lot of time for.

Stevens was fantastic when he was CEO. Wonderful man who I have a lot of time for.
One of Phil Stevens's initatives when he was CEO was to originally have Optus do a replay program on its then Local Vision channel called the Sportscover VAFA Game of the Day featuring ie Old Xaverians v Old Scotch, with the commentators being Brad Beitzel, Robert Cross and Jason Frenkel. However when Optus pulled the plug on its Local Vision channel, Stevens then negotiated with Channel 31 who took up the program which lasted for 3 years.

One of Phil Stevens's initatives when he was CEO was to originally have Optus do a replay program on its then Local Vision channel called the Sportscover VAFA Game of the Day featuring ie Old Xaverians v Old Scotch, with the commentators being Brad Beitzel, Robert Cross and Jason Frenkel. However when Optus pulled the plug on its Local Vision channel, Stevens then negotiated with Channel 31 who took up the program which lasted for 3 years.
Probably get more eyeballs watching local footy through ClutchTV nowadays I’d suspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back