VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

I dont follow the VAFA thinking re under 19s structure. Will they be brave enough to reassign teams when first few rounds are completed and there is a lopsided ladder?

Also the VAFA player transfers list appears to be incomplete. Players are appearing as cleared on EDFL or EFNL's transfer pages yet name doesn't appear on VAFA list. Good luck sorting team sheets for first round!

are the EDFL or EFNL's transfer pages available online? when I do a basic search it shows up to 2023 transfers

Only 2 weeks out from round 1, I see a lot of matches (especially in the lower grades) are still showing as TBC when it comes to venue and time. Surely this would be resolved already or is this a PlayHQ teething issue?

Only 2 weeks out from round 1, I see a lot of matches (especially in the lower grades) are still showing as TBC when it comes to venue and time. Surely this would be resolved already or is this a PlayHQ teething issue?
It's the Boroondara council grounds. Nothing to worry about

And it’s is hurting under 19’s. Some clubs are flushed. But most will have trouble getting to 9.20am games from the other side of town.

Just a fact.
Thats VAFA for you, clubs from all areas of melbourne, not much you can do unless you change it to east west north south divisions and have lopsided scores

Thats VAFA for you, clubs from all areas of melbourne, not much you can do unless you change it to east west north south divisions and have lopsided scores
Yes there is things you can do.

Most teams want their players at game an hour beforehand. So if you know a team is traveling significant distance across town, don't schedule them for a 9.30am start Saturday morning. 19 year olds value their sleep!! Same for 6 pm Friday night games when there is footy traffic, and it's going to be difficult for the opposition team to supply game day helpers.

Yes there is things you can do.

Most teams want their players at game an hour beforehand. So if you know a team is traveling significant distance across town, don't schedule them for a 9.30am start Saturday morning. 19 year olds value their sleep!! Same for 6 pm Friday night games when there is footy traffic, and it's going to be difficult for the opposition team to supply game day helpers.
Totally agree but you have to filter around seniors and reserves. It could be at 4.45pm for the distance factor, hoping the ground has sufficient lighting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't a travel issue, it's a ground shortage issue and clubs requiring/wanting to host triple headers to meet ground shortages.
In our investigations with players coming out of our juniors, Travel time can be a factor for some.

Not all, but we have lost a lot more to NFNL teams in recent times than staying with their school. It is a mixture of both for sure but just highlighting our clubs recent (past 5-10 years) experiences.

Chump

In our investigations with players coming out of our juniors, Travel time can be a factor for some.

Not all, but we have lost a lot more to NFNL teams in recent times than staying with their school. It is a mixture of both for sure but just highlighting our clubs recent (past 5-10 years) experiences.

Chump
He Berg keep promising the world to the Unders then go and get ex AFL players, leaving kids on contracts they can’t break and spend the year playing at 9.00am. Or only getting a call up when points become an issue.

🦗 🦗 🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗
out of HQ with the departure of the great Joe Pignataro. No podcasts to listen to as we build up the season is a backward step, even my dog has its own podcast!

Just watched the Local footy show. They did a blurb on Mentone. According to one of their committee 14 players returned from other clubs to make up the numbers. Excellent facilities and ground. Playing GE thirds tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back