VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

Briza was talking about B/C not A/B wasn’t he?
Agree with his comments.
2021 is hard to work out form wise.
Saw a few Scotchies at the Geebung and they think they have recruited extremely well. Extremely well indeed!
Hey Hipp, Hasn't the 'Bung' returned to being the Auburn, or am I mistaken?

The Cardinals have recruited well but just how much they'll be seeing of them due to VFL commitments we'll have to wait and see.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au//leade...s/news-story/11d4263bc4de8f1994c57a5a701abbc0

Briza was talking about B/C not A/B wasn’t he?
Agree with his comments.
2021 is hard to work out form wise.
Saw a few Scotchies at the Geebung and they think they have recruited extremely well. Extremely well indeed!
Yes he was. I guess I was clumsily trying to offer a comparison on how those who might come up from C will fare against those coming down from A. I seem to recall B grade 2019 was similar to Premier in that there was some stand out teams (Caulfield, Scotch & Blacks) and not much between the rest.

The Scotchies will need to recruit well as the gap is immense. Aside from Wills the other big signings look likely to play most if not all season in the VFL.

Hey Hipp, Hasn't the 'Bung' returned to being the Auburn, or am I mistaken?

The Cardinals have recruited well but just how much they'll be seeing of them due to VFL commitments we'll have to wait and see.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au//leader/localfooty/vafa/vafa-2021-old-scotch-signs-four-exafl-names/news-story/11d4263bc4de8f1994c57a5a701abbc0
Wills will be a great addition for them but they have lost their star on baller Nick Jamieson. They were pretty poor in the GF so would need to improve markedly to make an impact this year. OM's appear to have recruited well with a few SANFL and ex AFL but I recently read that Sam Dunell has been appointed playing assistant coach at Sandy.

OX have brought in quite a few as well including the oft injured Ryan Schoenmakers and James Wagner from Melbourne, whilst Caulfied have certainly strengthened their list with freak goal kicker Brett Eddy and half a dozen other on ball types but have lost Goddard.

Uni Blues are aiming to field 22 ex AFL whilst SKOB have brought in Tom Boyd and Jaryd Cachia amongst others. Collegians again have recruited vey well with Mirra the standout but have also lost several. Any other news player wise?

Last edited:

Wills will be a great addition for them but they have lost their star on baller Nick Jamieson. They were pretty poor in the GF so would need to improve markedly to make an impact this year. OM's appear to have recruited well with a few SANFL and ex AFL but I recently read that Sam Dunell has been appointed playing assistant coach at Sandy.

OX have brought in quite a few as well including the oft injured Ryan Schoenmakers and James Wagner from Melbourne, whilst Caulfied have certainly strengthened their list with freak goal kicker Brett Eddy and half a dozen other on ball types but have lost Goddard.

Uni Blues are aiming to field 22 ex AFL whilst SKOB have brought in Tom Boyd and Jaryd Cachia amongst others. Collegians again have recruited vey well with Mirra the standout but have also lost several. Any other news player wise?

Pretty sure Tom Boyd pulled the pin on SKOB's. Not sure if he is playing at all.
Several that signed up at Clubs for 2020 have changed plans for 2021. Kerr is another that will pay for Port Melbourne instead of SKOB as planned.

Pretty sure Tom Boyd pulled the pin on SKOB's. Not sure if he is playing at all.
Several that signed up at Clubs for 2020 have changed plans for 2021. Kerr is another that will pay for Port Melbourne instead of SKOB as planned.
Boyd trained last Thursday so he’s a starter. Oxley gone to MPFL. St Bernard’s very bullish, Caulfield expects to contend, Xav’s talking silverware.

Jack Bell - ex stkilda
Jackson Ross - ex hawthorn
Harry Whitty- gun from Rye
Noah Gown- ex essendon
Rohan Heasley - gun from mt eliza
Harry hunt- ex Stpauls/ port Melbourne listed
Dino karamoshos- ex stpauls / port Melbourne listed
CAm polson- ex carlton

Jack Bell - ex stkilda
Noah Gown- ex essendon
CAm polson- ex carlton
Gown and Polson at Williamstown as well

Jack Bell - ex stkilda
Noah Gown- ex essendon
CAm polson- ex carlton
Haileybury also have Brede Secull full time this year. Has multiple SANFL and VFL B&F’s and will be about the best player going around in B grade. Absolute gun. Some very good in’s for OH and they are clearly loading up for a crack.

In regard to the ex-AFL players – think you will most are VFL listed and will not play much VAFA, and certainly not enough to qualify for finals should they make it. Can actually be a bit disruptive bringing in players for 2 or 3 games a year. Either way they will be very much improved and genuine contender.

With all the talk of Parkdale and Haileybury might be time to start a B grade 2021 thread.

Jack Bell - ex stkilda
Noah Gown- ex essendon
CAm polson- ex carlton

I believe Witty is ex Pirates player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any talk on D1 clubs? Teams to look out for this year?

Whitefriars coming up undefeated from
D2 should be interesting..from all reports playing coach midfielder is a gun.
Camberwell you would imagine coming down from C would be strong..
Kew and Peninsula were close last season
Prahran Assumption have Bolan ex premiership subi and park dale FF.
St Mary’s played off in a D grade GF not long ago.
Oakleigh hard to beat in D
Therry and NOBS always competitive

Any talk on D1 clubs? Teams to look out for this year?

Whitefriars coming up undefeated from
D2 should be interesting..from all reports playing coach midfielder is a gun.
Camberwell you would imagine coming down from C would be strong..
Kew and Peninsula were close last season
Prahran Assumption have Bolan ex premiership subi and park dale FF.
St Mary’s played off in a D grade GF not long ago.
Oakleigh hard to beat in D
Therry and NOBS always competitive

It’ll be interesting to see if the year off stalled their momentum or not but in 2020 I’d have backed the Friars to storm through D1 and be in C this year.

The Wagner from Melbourne is Josh Wagner - very good footballer and will do well at this level.

Blues have got Hugh Goddard and Alex Fasolo training with them.

Goddard will keep opposition forwards busy if he plays and Fasolo will keep opposition defenders on their toes I'm sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back