Toast Welcome to Freo Caleb Serong– Fremantle’s 2nd 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine did.

You figure ?.
I think a lot of these awards are somewhat political in nature, i.e. I blieve they will want to give Anderson the Rising Star so GC have some good news.
However if I was allowed to pick this team to actually win a game of footy I'd pick Rankine too despite that he hasn't had a great year after getting off to a flyer.

Bob Murphy also gave Serong the best first year player - also on AFLPA instagram. Surely would be controversial for Serong not to get the Rising Star now that the AFLPA has spoken - that's my hope anyway for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remarkably similar stats given how much better I have Serong in my mind than Anderson!

Guess one's hot spice vs vanilla!

As mentioned already Anderson had more time on ground, 76% vs 70%. Serong having better tackle and clearance numbers show a more well rounded game at this stage I reckon.
But Anderson has had an excellent first year to be fair.

Which midfielder picked would you have him ahead of?

You can say Taranto but Bolton is the one who has been dudded the most and should be in the team first
Serong is better than both Coffield & Brayshaw, but I know there will be lots of angst about me stating that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back