Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
56 is no good to GC they wont pick that deep and they will want to get in 2018 picks not trade them out. If they get reasonable my guess is they ask for something like 19 and our 2nd rnd 2018 for Ablett 25 and 36/39 something along those lines maybe.

Pure... the whole point of that is that they will not use it... they probably will not use 36 and 38. As I said this would go in some way to uniting both clubs in making it happen and both could walk away saying they gave to make it happen. So taking a pick like 56 is no different than us taking P80 what ever..for Chappy

19 and our R2 2018 (range 28-36) ... for Ablett 25 and 36 .. well lets just see I guess. If they will not trade their 2018..I see no reason for us to.
Atpit ... Gold Coast have a huge opportunity to show all that although they can be tough , they can also be a place that takes care of their players.

Coffield won't last until 20 higgins despite recruiters height discrimination should go round 1 like gresham. Petrucelle might be an option and i would like lochie obrien if he slides.

I agree its unlikely Coffield lasts but he may ...im not saying he will be there, I said there were 10-15 players that may be there and someone always slips thru. Not long ago..OBrien was going a lot earlier...

Hall’s defensive work is non-existence

He’s a downhill skier...do not want

This is a bit of myth imo, he’s got some bad habits no doubt but he’s as defensive minded around a stoppage as most attacking mids, my worry with him is more how hit and miss his kicking is because he is a lovely penetrating kick but then will just miss an easy 25m pass by a long way. Would be very interesting to see what he’s like at another club.

I know it sounds off ... but in a way the Tippet thing marries up with a Salary dump concept... you are basically paying another club to take the contract off you......

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...m/news-story/dfa07186569fc617de7f5a893858a48d

The idea is common in the NBA. In 2011 the LA Clippers sent a washed-up Baron Davis’s $13 million contract and an unprotected future pick — ultimately No.1 (Kyrie Irving) — to Cleveland for a pair of players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...m/news-story/dfa07186569fc617de7f5a893858a48d

If compare that nba trade to the afl and Tippet for example . The Swans trade Tippet and their first R1 pick to Gold Coast for one or two throw away players....

My point was more about the geelong players named Sydney wouldn't want
They are better off getting rid of Tippet to ease salary cap but they have strong depth so they would just go to the draft

Hall’s defensive work is non-existence

He’s a downhill skier...do not want

There are an abundance of players I don't want either..in the end it will mean zip. I do think if the club can find a way to replace the type of contributions Motlop gave ...they will. If it was up to me Id just be going to the draft.

Coffield won't last until 20 higgins despite recruiters height discrimination should go round 1 like gresham. Petrucelle might be an option and i would like lochie obrien if he slides.
O'Brien is my choice as well. Should go around the late teen mark. Don't mind Richards either.

There are an abundance of players I don't want either..in the end it will mean zip. I do think if the club can find a way to replace the type of contributions Motlop gave ...they will. If it was up to me Id just be going to the draft.
Usually i would agree... but this is not the draft to load up on. Will we get a better player than hall, watts or Stringer at pick 20? I very much doubt it

Usually i would agree... but this is not the draft to load up on. Will we get a better player than hall, watts or Stringer at pick 20? I very much doubt it
See if some club will take our this year picks for next year's. I doubt it but a gal can try.

Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Ablett, Parfitt, Menegola, Guthrie, Horlin-Smith. We're stacked. Inside mids aren't our issue.

Plus Scott Selwood.

Got heaps of inside mids.

Need outside mids/wingers a key forward and a small forward.

For those trying to pick our early picks this is the phantom draft Knightmare put out last year 9 days before the draft:

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/18053132/knightmare-updated-2016-afl-phantom-draft

It covers the top 40 and Parfitt is not listed. We took him at 26. The only player that we drafted whip is mentioned is Ratugolea who Knightmare suggests as a late draft smokey to Hawthorn with pick 88. We took him at pick 43. You're more likely to win the lottery than predict Wells' picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another reason to trade out of the early pics is the type of players we need to take are generally found late anyway. For example small forward, developing key defender and developing ruck.

We need a key forward but we will need to trade one in as you cant usually get ones of any quality with the sort of picks we have.

I agree that small forwards and defenders you can get with late picks (we dont need a ruck).

Thurlow struggles to get a game with Geelong. Same same. Plenty of thurlows out there. Alir is athletic, strong & with plenty of upside as well. A lot harder to find ply like him. May well fail, but worth a shot
With Grundy a year or two from retirement the Swans wont be moving Alir

We need a key forward but we will need to trade one in as you cant usually get ones of any quality with the sort of picks we have.

I agree that small forwards and defenders you can get with late picks (we dont need a ruck).
This is why I would be asking about Schache for a 35 as it is now. Pick up a quality KPF for a bargain

You're more likely to win the lottery than predict Wells' picks.
I really hope that when he retires he writes a book, would love to explore his insights and how he views and thinks about footy related things.

Doubt there would be enough interest to warranted a book, but still I can dream.

I think Hawthorn could be the key here by offering up their 1st round pick in 2018 to one of GCS or Essendon. They could get overs for it considering how desperate these two teams are to offload those picks in the 20's.

I think Hawthorn could be the key here by offering up their 1st round pick in 2018 to one of GCS or Essendon. They could get overs for it considering how desperate these two teams are to offload those picks in the 20's.
Worth exploring haven’t considered that angle actually.

Good pick up

Pure... the whole point of that is that they will not use it... they probably will not use 36 and 38. As I said this would go in some way to uniting both clubs in making it happen and both could walk away saying they gave to make it happen. So taking a pick like 56 is no different than us taking P80 what ever..for Chappy

19 and our R2 2018 (range 28-36) ... for Ablett 25 and 36 .. well lets just see I guess. If they will not trade their 2018..I see no reason for us to.
Atpit ... Gold Coast have a huge opportunity to show all that although they can be tough , they can also be a place that takes care of their players.

To be fair turbo their situation is different they have 6 picks inside 40 and thats before they get picks in for saad matera ablett and maybe hall and mckenzie etc no club is going to take 8-10 picks in any ND let alone a weak-ish one so 56 is useless to them and they will probably be happy to swap a pick in the 20s/30s this year for a 2018 2nd rounder as they wont have the list spots to use all this year's picks. So long as they put away their insane demands for A grade players and 1st round picks i would be willing to do a minor pick swap like that to get a deal done.

Hawthorn won't risk that after what happened with O'Meara and if they trade that pick i bet it's for a player not a pick. With Lynch potentially available next year i think lots of clubs will want to hang onto their 1st round picks in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back