Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has the right attributes to become a consistent AFL player
Only 20 years old, applys plenty of pressure and doesn’t have a bad injury history
Yep. This kid is one of the few opposition players to have caught my eye in the VFL. Had to ask who it was.
He has more pace than our selection of smalls (off the mark) and actually snaps goals from difficult positions (none of our smalls do this).

If he was available I would move - but I would be amazed if the Tiges would let him go for anything but an over the top offer if he is contracted.

I wouldn't do that.

I presume we are talking about Shai Bolton ... he is another who has a pretty decent high lights package.. a slippery thru traffic yet slightly lazy looking player when his disposes of the ball ... of course if he landed at Haw he would be acclaimed as the 2nd coming..

I presume we are talking about Shai Bolton ... he is another who has a pretty decent high lights package.. a slippery thru traffic yet slightly lazy looking player when his disposes of the ball ... of course if he landed at Haw he would be acclaimed as the 2nd coming..

Bolton is uncontracted Richmond will be lucky to get pick 50 for him. That said he seems pretty inconsistent to me and I think we'd be better off with a pressure defensive forward (Dahlhaus for example) than another small forward that floats in and out of games, we have enough of them.

Bolton is uncontracted Richmond will be lucky to get pick 50 for him. That said he seems pretty inconsistent to me and I think we'd be better off with a pressure defensive forward (Dahlhaus for example) than another small forward that floats in and out of games, we have enough of them.

He is a tantalising type of player but I'm not wrapped in his kicking.. you now thats my bugbear.

I have stated my position many times but I will again ... Go hard at the draft and really I don't want to add any in system players.

Unless something extraordinary falls into our lap id prefer to focus our attention on getting the best quality in R1 that we can get.

Yeah, would actually think he would be a solid 22 player for us

Yep. This kid is one of the few opposition players to have caught my eye in the VFL. Had to ask who it was.
He has more pace than our selection of smalls (off the mark) and actually snaps goals from difficult positions (none of our smalls do this).

If he was available I would move - but I would be amazed if the Tiges would let him go for anything but an over the top offer if he is contracted.

I wouldn't do that.

He’s uncontracted and Richmond have his type of players in droves.
Not even getting close to a lookin

It didn't stop them getting Smedts and Lang.
And that has worked out terribly for them. They'd be stupid to do that a third time. GHS would be worse because he's older and was never a high draft pick.

Not really
Midfield is completely screwed and they’ll end up drafting either Lukocious or Rankine not Walsh, that’s my bet.

They have Cripps who is the star, two youngsters in Fisher and Dow, that’s it. Murphy is past it and then there’s Curnow who is approaching 30.
GHS would walk in and be one of their premier mids

From their perspective, GHS is another long-term list clogger who hasn't been good enough to crack Geelong's side in years. They've recruited several recycled old/fringe players from other clubs to fill out their list, and it's partly why they've been so poor lately.

Not really
Midfield is completely screwed and they’ll end up drafting either Lukocious or Rankine not Walsh, that’s my bet.

They have Cripps who is the star, two youngsters in Fisher and Dow, that’s it. Murphy is past it and then there’s Curnow who is approaching 30.
GHS would walk in and be one of their premier mids
Ghs and premier mids are 2 things you just can’t link together. Unless you are solely referring to vfl.

You aren’t mrs horlin-smith are you? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is some kind of joke, right?
did you read the preceding and follow up posts?

Im not advocating that we trade Stewart (read post 5597)

It was question I was asking about who they would ask for ..in a theorised trade by catsdoitbetter for their R1 pick and Preuss

Last edited:
Also if they continue not to play him we might as well make an offer to Harry McKay from Carlton. I’m amazed they aren’t playing him alongside Charlie Curnow.

Very very very unlikely but doesn’t hurt to ask.

Also if they continue not to play him we might as well make an offer to Harry McKay from Carlton. I’m amazed they aren’t playing him alongside Charlie Curnow.

Very very very unlikely but doesn’t hurt to ask.

Bolton caught my eye because (in that game ) he looked exciting.

I left a Northern blues game with exactly the opposite feeling about McKay. He was young and raw but looked clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back