Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

It took Shiel 4 weeks to finally turn it around....Chad's only in his second week at a new club & returning from injury, which caused him to miss much of the late pre-season.
You need to watch him a bit more- he's averaging 28 a game. Been in our best in all 4 games. Chad could take some lessons in how to be meticulous in your preparation.

It took Shiel 4 weeks to finally turn it around....Chad's only in his second week at a new club & returning from injury, which caused him to miss much of the late pre-season.

Wut? He was okay in a belting against GWS, in the votes against the Saints and was best on ground against Melbourne.

He certainly did, and no obvious excuse for it.
Take a moment and look at the Ferrari that knocked you back. I know it hurts that he chose Essendon but he's a credit to professional footballers and the way a lot if them go about it. Meticulous is a good description.

Just like it hurts when JOM and Burgoyne wouldn’t take Dodo’s calls hey ;)

Scully invented meticulous. And he’s already hitting his straps, without costing 2 first rounders yo. Oh yeah, and Scrimshaw for a future 4th working out well too.

And when Cogs chooses us, is he gonna reject Dodo’s calls too? Oh yeah, you got Mozzie so it’s all good.

And remember, while you cheated, we 3
Peated.

Just like it hurts when JOM and Burgoyne wouldn’t take Dodo’s calls hey ;)

Scully invented meticulous. And he’s already hitting his straps, without costing 2 first rounders yo. Oh yeah, and Scrimshaw for a future 4th working out well too.

And when Cogs chooses us, is he gonna reject Dodo’s calls too? Oh yeah, you got Mozzie so it’s all good.

And remember, while you cheated, we 3
Peated.
I would have thought some of Sculls might have rubbed off on Chadders, obviously not.
Sculls has not come cheap either.
As for your threepee and cheating, what’s the relevance to Chad? Or are you just being imbecilic?
As for Mozzie, early indications are he’ll be a player- Walla very happy.

I would have thought some of Sculls might have rubbed off on Chadders, obviously not.
Sculls has not come cheap either.
As for your threepee and cheating, what’s the relevance to Chad? Or are you just being imbecilic?
As for Mozzie, early indications are he’ll be a player- Walla very happy.
Sculls was a 4th rounder mate.

Chad kicked 3 in his first game and won us the game. What’s your point?

What’s Chad got to do with Dylan? Or are you just being moronic?

You know, I was seriously waiting for Wingerz to pull something out of the bag today and he let me down. All I got was 10 miserable possessions and the distinct impression that Chad is going to stroll through his inflated contract without a care in the world about letting down his supporters.

Shiel >>>>
Is that all you've got champ?

Swing and a miss.

15, 35 and Burton for Wingard doesn’t sound much of “steal”.

You left out Scrimshaw & Scully who both absolutely were.....So the sum of our trading was rather well balanced out.....Good on Port for gaining from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely....Getting him, Scully & Scrimshaw for pick 15, Burton & pick 35 was an absolute steal.
I see what you mean. You're not looking at getting the hype from Wingard in isolation anymore.
I suppose that embarrassing attempt by Wingerz to chase down that Saint in the last quarter has caused a few ripples in the hype brigade.

Or the Essendon “We are innocent” brigade.

Nah the Essendon "we is innocent" crowd were just idiots who had nothing but blind faith to base their claims on.

What the liberals and Hawks fans above are doing is lying and intentional altering of facts to make things look better than they are.

You traded #15, #35 and Ryan Burton for Wingard.

The Scully and Scrimshaw deals were done seperately (though tied together really) and were magnificent for you but they mean jack s**t in discussion about Wingards deal.

You traded a future third (yours) for Scully and Scrimshaw (A+)
You traded #15, Burton, #35 and a future fourth (Bulldogs) for Wingard and a future 3rd (Ports) (C-)

Overall you had a good trade period but it could have been a brilliant one without the Wingard deal.

Nah the Essendon "we is innocent" crowd were just idiots who had nothing but blind faith to base their claims on.

What the liberals and Hawks fans above are doing is lying and intentional altering of facts to make things look better than they are.

The Scully and Scrimshaw deals were done seperately (though tied together really) and were magnificent for you but they mean jack s**t in discussion about Wingards deal.

You traded #15, Burton, #35 and a future fourth (Bulldogs) for Wingard and a future 3rd (Ports) (C-)

Overall you had a good trade period but it could have been a brilliant one without the Wingard deal.

I agree it's like Port supporters trying to throw Rozee into the equation. They should viewed in isolation.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again, 2 weeks ago we were lauded for the deal - wins us the Kangas game off his own boot. Kicks 3 on debut. All quality goals.

I don’t get the hate? He’s a gun, has had minimal pre-season, has played 2 games and was outstanding on debut.

The hysteria is borderline ridiculous.

So much salt too.

Again, 2 weeks ago we were lauded for the deal - wins us the Kangas game off his own boot. Kicks 3 on debut. All quality goals.

I don’t get the hate? He’s a gun, has had minimal pre-season, has played 2 games and was outstanding on debut.

The hysteria is borderline ridiculous.

So much salt too.

I was not lauding the deal back then. Think it was desperation when it happened and nothing since has changed my mind.

Wingard is a cherry on top player and I think if this was 2012-2014 Hawks I would be lauding the deal but it is 2019 and Wingard is not going to fix any of your major issues in the years to come so I don't understand why you gave up so much for him.

I was not lauding the deal back then. Think it was desperation when it happened and nothing since has changed my mind.

Wingard is a cherry on top player and I think if this was 2012-2014 Hawks I would be lauding the deal but it is 2019 and Wingard is not going to fix any of your major issues in the years to come so I don't understand why you gave up so much for him.

I can tell you now, we don’t win that game v North without him. And there will be plenty more.

15, 35 and Burton for Wingard doesn’t sound much of “steal”.

The reason why Scrimshaw is included is because Scrimshaw is slotting into Burton's role in defence. And we got him for less than steak knives.

Its entirely likely that if Clarko didnt know Scrimshaw was on the way then he wouldnt have allowed the list managers to make the deal they made for Wingard.

So maybe its not directly related, but certainly needs to be factored in.

Not the first time Hawthorn have smashed Port Adelaide at the trade table.

Great get Hawthorn. Will take a little while to de-Hinkley him, but Wingard is a brilliant footballer and contrary to the drivel some post, has a brilliant attitude :thumbsu:
The attitude of Wingerz has been questioned whilst at Port, at pre-season with the Hawks, and now with his last outing against the Sainters. That's not brilliant unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back