Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Melbourne Demons (Round 12, Mon 10/06 3:20pm MCG) FREEZE MND

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be more confident heading into this match if I felt Melbourne had given away their season but I suspect they haven't mentally checked out as yet.

If anything their performance last week was reminiscent of their 2018 season form and if not for atrocious inaccuracy they would have won.

Really though this game is all about us.

In the corresponding game last season Melbourne were inside the top 4 with 8 wins. We had 7 victories to our name.

We won by 42pts.

The landscape is a whole lot different this time around with Melbourne currently sitting inside the bottom 4, us up the other end so it's not unreasonable to expect a victory.

Still this game should tell us where our side is presently at after a scrappy 4 weeks, are we in for a rude awakening or did last weeks defeat jolt us out of our slumber.

If after an underwhelming month or so and a loss to freo last week.... if win or loss they can't 'get up' for this week and put in a better performance... then it lends to the problem with performance being more chronic than merely a dip in form

Listen, and if you still don’t understand, replay the TV.

It’s worth it, the man is a legend.
To a degree correct mate but how long can they keep trotting him out like a trained bear?

If anyone deserves a dignified exit from public life it's him and pretty soon now he is going to come to the end of the road in public appearances.

I'm concerned that MND will push it - and him - too far.

To a degree correct mate but how long can they keep trotting him out like a trained bear?

If anyone deserves a dignified exit from public life it's him and pretty soon now he is going to come to the end of the road in public appearances.

Lol what the * are you on about?

He's the one who is pioneering this whole "push", no one is trotting him out. This is now his life's work, to put his face to the issue to stop others from going through what he is.

You're concerned the MND will push him too far? What? Everyone knows MND is a death sentence, good on him for doing what he can while he still can.

Got a feeling we are going to run With Reid, Cox, Mihocek this week.

Id Expect Bench Cox, Reid, Aish, Sir
Reid is going no where.
We play two talls given their backline.

there is no way we are going to select a tall forward line based on them picking a tall backline, i am not against trying Reid, Cox, Mihocek together but if Melbourne are playing Lever & May on the back of 1 VFL Game id be going with our normal and just play Mihocek and Cox/Reid.

He is driving it. I’m not starstruck or in awe of many people but I am so in awe of this amazing human. If there is a braver and more selfless man in this earth I’d like to met him.

There are a lot of people who do great things for great causes but i can’t think of too many who have done it under such adversity. The champ is suffering a slow and awful death but stays so positive and just keeps giving.

He is driving it. I’m not starstruck or in awe of many people but I am so in awe of this amazing human. If there is a braver and more selfless man in this earth I’d like to met him.

There are a lot of people who do great things for great causes but i can’t think of too many who have done it under such adversity. The champ is suffering a slow and awful death but stays so positive and just keeps giving.
Total agreement ant, I just hope he steps aside before it's too late.

This detestable disease steals it's victim's dignity and humanity in the end.

I want to see him bow out whilst he is still the man we have all come to respect and admire, not some husk of humanity wheeled out for sympathy and pity.

He deserves so much more than that.

What I would like to see...

In: Cox, Sier,
Out: Mayne, Beams

Sier replaces Beams, Sidy replaces Mayne on the wing. Three tall forward line.

MND has Daniher by the throat, ready to finish him off, but something in his personality resists the beast and fights back. It is sad to see, but it is also one of the more awe-inspiring sights in footy.

Total agreement ant, I just hope he steps aside before it's too late.

This detestable disease steals it's victim's dignity and humanity in the end.

I want to see him bow out whilst he is still the man we have all come to respect and admire, not some husk of humanity wheeled out for sympathy and pity.

He deserves so much more than that.

I think I understand where you're coming from, not a bad place at all, but I think that what Daniher deserves is our support for his determination to fight this thing with all that he's got left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is absolutely no way Cox should be considered the difference between winning and losing to Freo at the G.
We lost by 4 points remember? If Cox could have taken a few intercept marks in the defensive half late in the 4th quarter we may have won. He has done this many many times before.

Even De Goey's kick to our forward half late - imagine of Cox was the target. Things could have been different

Just not this you are correct in the description of what you would like to see.

In no way a criticism, but the coaches have Mayne’s name in ink these days, no longer in pencil. He just gets picked.

We lost by 4 points remember? If Cox could have taken a few intercept marks in the defensive half late in the 4th quarter we may have won. He has done this many many times before.

Even De Goey's kick to our forward half late - imagine of Cox was the target. Things could have been different
It's easy in hindsight to say that because we lost by four points. The decision to not play Cox wasn't made after the game though. It was made before the game.

With our midfield and defence, there is no way Cox should be the difference between winning and losing. At the MCG, our team should be expected to win comfortably without him. Fact.

I'd be more confident heading into this match if I felt Melbourne had given away their season but I suspect they haven't mentally checked out as yet.

If anything their performance last week was reminiscent of their 2018 season form and if not for atrocious inaccuracy they would have won.

Really though this game is all about us.

In the corresponding game last season Melbourne were inside the top 4 with 8 wins. We had 7 victories to our name.

We won by 42pts.

The landscape is a whole lot different this time around with Melbourne currently sitting inside the bottom 4, us up the other end so it's not unreasonable to expect a victory.

Still this game should tell us where our side is presently at after a scrappy 4 weeks, are we in for a rude awakening or did last weeks defeat jolt us out of our slumber.

Agree totally. But I'm worried that they'll come out ferocious -- their last stand -- and we'll keep on being flat.

I worry too much, probably.... :)

It's easy in hindsight to say that because we lost by four points. The decision to not play Cox wasn't made after the game though. It was made before the game.

With our midfield and defence, there is no way Cox should be the difference between winning and losing. At the MCG, our team should be expected to win comfortably without him. Fact.
Yes, but they didn't did they? That is a fact too

Why do people continually trot out this unrealistic bull****... Mayne isn’t getting dropped. Get real.

Sidebottom has already been predominantly playing wing. So there would be no ‘replacing’ going on.

Looking at the extended bench and with Beams a confirmed out

• Sier or Daicos - replace Beams
  • Varcoe - likely remains in the 22, would be the one to make way if we wanted to play both Sier and Daicos
  • Reid or Cox - one plays (* see below)
  • Aish - stays in over Quaynor

• Crocker can't see him replacing anyone in the side, the opportunity to play him was when Mayne was out

Should Sier play and I suspect he will I'd like to see him run with Oliver at times.

* Interestingly we've also named an emergency along with an extended bench in the VFL. Last time this occurred we had a late out in the seniors and Wills was called up. With this in mind there's a chance that someone in the AFL 26 doesn't play at either level this weekend; unless there's an injury cloud I've missed Cox seems most likely. With 4 days between naming the AFL squad and Queen's birthday we may have named Cox to give him that extra time to prove his fitness, hence Reid and a VFL emergency as cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back