Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's unhappy about not playing, I'd be disappointed if he wasn't. But if he hits another preseason the way he did last year there'll be plenty of opportunity for him to take
I understand but it's his only 2nd season... Kids these days expect to much
." I think they want to walk before they can crawl"

The constable frustration is a positive on one hand. Being impatient for success can be a positive. If reports are true he wants to leave. That isn’t manifesting it into the right avenue. I see huge leadership potential in him. If he cemented his spot he could take a leadership role at the club. Hopefully he uses this as a learning experience. As wanting to leave when things aren’t going you’re way is the opposite of good leadership.

The constable frustration is a positive on one hand. Being impatient for success can be a positive. If reports are true he wants to leave. That isn’t manifesting it into the right avenue. I see huge leadership potential in him. If he cemented his spot he could take a leadership role at the club. Hopefully he uses this as a learning experience. As wanting to leave when things aren’t going you’re way is the opposite of good leadership.

Watching one of thise USA shows the other day.. they were commenting how the NFL is becoming the NBA ... Players are having a strong say ..and want to say it earlier.. They are no longer happy to wait. I have to feel this means a larger group of unhappy players when the fairytale turns out a little different to what they had dreamed ..

Any updates on Constable?
My sister and others in Geelong say he has asked for a trade. And he has not even been an emergency for weeks. I thought he was meant to be the next Joel Corey. Is he likely to get his way, and out, or is there no substance to those requests.

My gut feel is that he was unhappy he wasn't getting a game, despite his decent form in the VFL.

Now that he's had conversations with the club, it's probably been put to him that TK will be leaving, so there's a permanent spot for him there if he wants it. When the TK decision was up in the air, he probably thought that there wasn't a spot for him, given that Danger, Sel, Kel, Guth, Duncan, Parfitt and Menegola, are all probably ahead of him in the pecking order. Now with Kel 99% out the door, he probably sees a vacant spot for himself again.

Sort of marries up with all the rumours about him leaving, and now them subsiding and 'interest cooling.' Could be wrong, but I can't see how he leaves this season, unless he's deeply unhappy, or TK magically stays.

Watching one of thise USA shows the other day.. they were commenting how the NFL is becoming the NBA ... Players are having a strong say ..and want to say it earlier.. They are no longer happy to wait. I have to feel this means a larger group of unhappy players when the fairytale turns out a little different to what they had dreamed ..
I think it’s just the mentality of the younger generation now wanting to start sooner rather than work their way. And in the aspect of an athlete I get it as it’s such a short career, however there are so many examples of undeveloped players leaving to other sides for more game time when they clearly haven’t developed their game.

Like you said there will be a large group of unhappy players who’s career has cut short simple because they thought they knew more than the experts that were developing them.

there are a few I like ..but this one kid id really like ...knee aside..he has the size and on field leadership id like to add ..

PhantomFormGuiden08.jpg

1/5/01
193cm/82kg
Vic Country/Bendigo Pioneers
Utility
August ranking: 7

Kemp is making steady progress in the early stages of his recovery from a knee reconstruction. The versatile midfielder went down with the torn anterior cruciate ligament while playing for his school side Geelong Grammar in July, and then underwent surgery. He is hoping to be available to play at the back end of next season but will take a patient approach. Kemp can play around the ball – where he sees himself being long-term – but he has also shown he can be a tall target in attack or play as a key defender.

and the top 10 have some good kids..no doubt...but these two would be hand at the end of the 20's...

AugPhantom-Form-Guide-28.jpg

17/1/01
188cm/83kg
Vic Country/Geelong Falcons
Midfielder
August ranking: 28

It would have been a frustrating year for Stephens, who broke his leg in April and has been sidelined since. He missed Vic Country's under-18 carnival, which cost him a chance to push into the higher echelons of the draft. Stephens is a strong-bodied midfielder and competitive when the ball is there to be won. Clubs will have to look back at his form as an under-17s player.

637505_lp.jpg

AugPhantom-Form-Guide-29.jpg

1/5/01
185cm/75kg
Western Australia/Perth
Forward
August ranking: 21

In terms of ability Taylor ranks very highly in this year's crop. As a medium forward he can play taller than he is and is a threat in the air, while at ground level Taylor is also a threat around goal. He was named an All Australian for his form for Western Australia.

690301_ll.jpg

how often have I read ..that we made a huge blue not drafting Grundy...what that say about GWS ..

Greater Western Sydney’s Brodie Grundy draft blunder could come back to haunt it seven years on
Greater Western Sydney had five chances to draft the ruckman who has been giving it headaches all week — Brodie Grundy. Will a draft blunder haunt the Giants seven years on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there are a few I like ..but this one kid id really like ...knee aside..he has the size and on field leadership id like to add ..

PhantomFormGuiden08.jpg

1/5/01
193cm/82kg
Vic Country/Bendigo Pioneers
Utility
August ranking: 7

Kemp is making steady progress in the early stages of his recovery from a knee reconstruction. The versatile midfielder went down with the torn anterior cruciate ligament while playing for his school side Geelong Grammar in July, and then underwent surgery. He is hoping to be available to play at the back end of next season but will take a patient approach. Kemp can play around the ball – where he sees himself being long-term – but he has also shown he can be a tall target in attack or play as a key defender.

and the top 10 have some good kids..no doubt...but these two would be hand at the end of the 20's...

AugPhantom-Form-Guide-28.jpg

17/1/01
188cm/83kg
Vic Country/Geelong Falcons
Midfielder
August ranking: 28

It would have been a frustrating year for Stephens, who broke his leg in April and has been sidelined since. He missed Vic Country's under-18 carnival, which cost him a chance to push into the higher echelons of the draft. Stephens is a strong-bodied midfielder and competitive when the ball is there to be won. Clubs will have to look back at his form as an under-17s player.

637505_lp.jpg

AugPhantom-Form-Guide-29.jpg

1/5/01
185cm/75kg
Western Australia/Perth
Forward
August ranking: 21

In terms of ability Taylor ranks very highly in this year's crop. As a medium forward he can play taller than he is and is a threat in the air, while at ground level Taylor is also a threat around goal. He was named an All Australian for his form for Western Australia.

690301_ll.jpg

No doubting Taylor’s talent - but there have been murmurings of potential home sickness which is a concern. Keen on C.Stephens with a 2nd rounder. In fact I’d like to pick up both Stephens.

No doubting Taylor’s talent - but there have been murmurings of potential home sickness which is a concern. Keen on C.Stephens with a 2nd rounder. In fact I’d like to pick up both Stephens.

No worries ..we know how good West Coast are to deal with..

We take him if he is there in the 30's or be sorry later .

Will Gould looks a powerful type of utility twice All Australian.
Likened to Shannon Hurn.
We need more strong bodied types no Zuthrie's plse.

Last edited:
It reads like StKilda want Steven out anyway. I would have thought 52 would be a lock
He is overweight, old, has mental health issues and a bad haircut.
Maybe we should offer them 70 and Abbott
StKilda don't want him out they are helping him with his mental health and that is get him closer to home Geelong

While homesickness is a thing, tbh every Indigenous player gets labelled as a flight risk. Reality is any Vic club considering any of the WAFL players would factor the come home factor in. I don't think Taylor is any more or less likely to want to come home than Robertson or Rivers.

I'd love to have Taylor next year, and would be surprised if he is still there in the 30's. Apparently he is also the cousin of TK.

Last edited:
Saints are helping him out yes but I don't know how bad his mental health is as no word what it's about...but yes if he can deal with it we will win out
Help him out... might be the over riding reason.. or maybe another year like they have just had ..with his money on their cap is not helpful when throwing big dollars at a Hill ..and they have been linked to Jones and Ryder..

While homesickness is a thing, tbh every Indigenous player gets labelled as a flight risk. Reality is any Vic club considering any of the WAFL players would factor the come home factor in. I don't think Taylor is any more or less likely to want to come home than Robertson or Rivers.

I'd love to have Taylor next year, and would be surprised if he is still there in the 30's. Apparently he is also the cousin of TK.

Every club is very through in interviewing players..and sometimes it puts them off.. sometimes they trust their system..

Help him out... might be the over riding reason.. or maybe another year like they have just had ..with his money on their cap is not helpful when throwing big dollars at a Hill ..and they have been linked to Jones and Ryder..
Clubs are not that mean if a player has mental health problems they have to try and help them...so yes they are helping him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back