Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous some trying to ignore this guys obvious natural football talent.
He's so hard for an 18 year old no wonder he just seamlessly fitted into senior SANFL.
Integral part of the Glenelg defence that hadn't won a flag for 33 years.
Had 18 disposals with 8 rebound 50's for Glenelg in the GF.
I was impressed by his pace with his run and carry faster an Clarke l reckon.
Power marking as well.
I did like the footage of him at the Champs when he ran into a player near the boundary line and totally put him to the floor. Good aggression. Need a few enforcers in the team.
Although, I don't reckon he is quicker than Clark at full speed. But I don't think his top speed is an issue, its good enough. He reads it well to get to all the hot-spots. Yeah, more like a Hurn type the more I watch him.

So the injection of Miers and Clark, thru the draft, along with Sav, effed up this year by injecting youth and new blood?

Interesting persepctive.

GO Catters
Unfortunately not the difference to get us the cup. I’m all into promoting youth, but we sign Taylor & Gaz for another crack??? They only signed for a cup not to help 18 year olds coming through.
Hedging bets not gonna work.

I got a funny feeling Taheny (mates with Jarvis and Kennerly) and Sharp (mates with Clark) will be looked at heavily. Especially with those picks @ 17, 24.

Whoever we land early could be one of Jackson, Flanders, Kemp, D Stephens. Very likely Kemp if Pick 14. He looks the slider.

Taheny is a freak.

I did like the footage of him at the Champs when he ran into a player near the boundary line and totally put him to the floor. Good aggression. Need a few enforcers in the team.
Although, I don't reckon he is quicker than Clark at full speed. But I don't think his top speed is an issue, its good enough. He reads it well to get to all the hot-spots. Yeah, more like a Hurn type the more I watch him.

Hurn/McGovern hybrid l reckon.

Unfortunately not the difference to get us the cup. I’m all into promoting youth, but we sign Taylor & Gaz for another crack??? They only signed for a cup not to help 18 year olds coming through.

It’s not hedging bets. The players we pick in the first round could come in and play a full season e.g. Clark this year, Fogarty last year, etc.

Is there anyone that could be a hawkins replacement in this draft?
I think the only thing close to a Hawkins replacement through the draft in recent times would have been one of the King brothers.

I think we'll have to trade someone in like a Cameron or a young KPF who isn't getting an opportunity elsewhere.

I see all these crazy deals to get 3 or 6 or whatever.

I predict unless Wells is offered a ripper deal, we won’t see anything like this until trade night if and only if someone slides down the order.

you must keep in mind that the kids being drafted are 18 year olds that are unequal in potential. 3rd best at 18 years old is very, very unlikely to be the 3rd best player in that year.

Ryan GriffenWestern BulldogsSouth Adelaide2004
3Brendon FewsterWest CoastWest Perth1995
3Chris JuddWest CoastSandringham U182001
3Chris MastenWest CoastEast Fremantle2007
3Callum MillsSydney SwansNorth Shore2015
3Shannon GrantSydney SwansWestern U181994
3Nic FosdikeSydney SwansNorwood1998
3Jody ArnolSt KildaNorth Hobart1989
3Jack BillingsSt KildaOakleigh U182013
3Justin MurphyRichmondCentral U181993
3Aaron FioraRichmondPort Adelaide (SANFL)1999
3Dustin MartinRichmondBendigo U182009
3Lachlan HansenNorth MelbourneGippsland U182006
3Steven FebeyMelbourneDevonport1986
3Darren KowalMelbourneClaremont1991
3Colin SylviaMelbourneBendigo U182003
3Angus BrayshawMelbourneSandringham U182014
3Trent CroadHawthornDandenong U181997
3Xavier EllisHawthornGippsland U182005
3Dom TysonGreater Western SydneyOakleigh U182011
3Lachie PlowmanGreater Western SydneyCalder U182012
3Izak RankineGold Coast SunsWest Adelaide2018
3Sam Day Gold CoastSturt2010
3Stephen HillFremantleWest Perth2008
3Carl DilenaFitzroySturt1988
3David DonatoFitzroyClarence1990
3Michael PriorEssendonEast Perth1992
3Graham WrightCollingwoodEast Devonport1987
3Alan DidakCollingwoodPort Adelaide (SANFL)2000
3Paddy DowCarltonBendigo Pioneers2017
3Jared BrennanBrisbane LionsSouthern Districts2002
3Hugh McCluggageBrisbane LionsNorth Ballarat U182016
3Rory Hilton

If they are only worried about a cup for themselves then they should not have signed.. club first...

I think the only thing close to a Hawkins replacement through the draft in recent times would have been one of the King brothers.

I think we'll have to trade someone in like a Cameron or a young KPF who isn't getting an opportunity elsewhere.

Well a good tall forward who could be our number 1 target up forward? I know we can’t really replace hawkins, but we need a future kpf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well a good tall forward who could be our number 1 target up forward? I know we can’t really replace hawkins, but we need a future kpf.

Not in this draft. No decent key forwards that I’ve seen worth looking at. Not keen on Worrell who was one of the goal kickers for VicM.

You’d think we are going hard for Cameron as a FA
We will see .. Im not convinced we land him even if we do. Rich's long term plan worked out but Collingwood missed out. At least 5 teams will be interested in Cameron. He may we be offered too much money elsewhere.

Hey ..have a talk to Daniher ..Geelong out of the bubble..tell him to live down the coast. A lot of FA options next year .... and who knows if we managed to add Riccardi ..maybe we have enough options in house.

Think Mooney and a young Hawk.. they were not the super gun guys.. it about having the engine room
Gees it almost makes me sick what we have done for West Coast .. we have just added Nitrous to their engine room with Kelly.

We will see .. Im not convinced we land him even if we do. Rich's long term plan worked out but Collingwood missed out. At least 5 teams will be interested in Cameron. He may we be offered too much money elsewhere.

Hey ..have a talk to Daniher ..Geelong out of the bubble..tell him to live down the coast. A lot of FA options next year .... and who knows if we managed to add Riccardi ..maybe we have enough options in house.

Think Mooney and a young Hawk.. they were not the super gun guys.. it about having the engine room
Gees it almost makes me sick what we have done for West Coast .. we have just added Nitrous to their engine room with Kelly.
Love Cameron but it would take the Mint to get him and every indication is he will re-sign with GWS.

Heard Dr Larkins the other day on the Danaher injury and he was suggesting some are intractable and that his injury looks like such a case. Apparently has had the usual surgery without the predicted outcome. Anyhoo, he is keen on the Swans. He was seriously considering them before he inked the deal with the Bombers so the story goes.

Love Cameron but it would take the Mint to get him and every indication is he will re-sign with GWS.

Heard Dr Larkins the other day on the Danaher injury and he was suggesting some are intractable and that his injury looks like such a case. Apparently has had the usual surgery without the predicted outcome. Anyhoo, he is keen on the Swans. He was seriously considering them before he inked the deal with the Bombers so the story goes.

yes probably ..my point is there are FA's ..but its very difficult to plan for unless you have a leg in ..like with Danger.

What about -

14, 2020 F1, pick 24 for pick 3 - Flanders
Pick 17 plus Menegola for pick 6 - D.Stephens
36 + 37 > 25 - C.Stephens

Why would GWS want Menegola?

And considering they traded picks 12 & 18 to get pick 6 so that they could try for a pick before someone bids on Green, not sure they would be interested in trading it out and fall back down to pick 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back