Preview Changes / Pre-game Discussion for Rd 9 (Dons in Vic)

Remove this Banner Ad

Conca dropped according to Ryan Daniels, Cameron was killing him last week before Logue moved onto him, might be playing Logue on Tippa and letting Duman/Watson take the talls.

I actually put myself through the misery of the Brisbane vs Freo game replay today and Blakely absolutely killed it. He actually goes hard at the contest, that pass to Fyfe in the forward 50 was scintillating.

How he loses his spot over Crowden is absolutely criminal.

Anyway Conca is just being managed.

These changes are a tad weak and conservative. Needed Blakely in starting 22 and bring Treacy back in for structure.

Less confident of a win now.

Happy seeing Crowden stay in....Hopefully more of the sublime forward entries/Goal assists like last week :)
Yeah he didn't rack up mass possessions but hit pretty much every target when he did. Schultz on the other hand has had two poor weeks in a row. Surely on the chopping block next week if he doesn't lift a lot?

Yeah he didn't rack up mass possessions but hit pretty much every target when he did. Schultz on the other hand has had two poor weeks in a row. Surely on the chopping block next week if he doesn't lift a lot?

Sorry Crowden is a good average WAFL/SANFL player at best, has zero impact on a game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aaaarrgggghhhhhh, I go through this almost weekly. 6 defenders are not on the ground 100% of the time. You have 7 defenders in your B22 always. Sometimes you might have more if you share the responsibility further.

Cox, Logue, Watson, Duman, Wilson is 5 defenders. Tucker makes 6. Who is the 7th? Cerra? Aish? Someone else?
You'll find out tomorrow; it won't be Cerra

I actually put myself through the misery of the Brisbane vs Freo game replay today and Blakely absolutely killed it. He actually goes hard at the contest, that pass to Fyfe in the forward 50 was scintillating.

These changes are a tad weak and conservative. Needed Blakely in starting 22 and bring Treacy back in for structure.

I thought we really had a player in the early part of Blakely’s career, he’d Hoover up the ball like it was a simple skill, and the Lamb v Blakey posts were delicious.
Then he fell off a cliff, couldn’t hit a target by hand or foot.

Last week was his best game for a long time, and with our generally undersized young midfield, I thought he’d be a shoe in for this week.

Could not agree more, Blakely is way ahead of Crowden for impact on the game

I think the changes this week are a bit vanilla. Should have been one out for a bad performance last week.
Fredrick (inj) Conca out for his hammy.
I would have dropped Crowden and brought in Tracey.
I’m surprised Blakley is not in, I though he was good last week. Give him a chance to back it up.
Pretty uninspiring. Again, rewarding names not effort. Blakely did a serviceable job, deserves a chance. Tucker yet again stays and will probably get junk off half back. Cerra will probably be limited to 60% game time. Puts a lot of pressure on the experienced players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Find it amusing that players like Colyer, Blakely have to put in their hard work to get selected. Colyer actually been one of our best forwards. Yet Tucker essentially comes in off one game at WAFL reserves and a bit game for seniors. The message isn’t good.
Acres and Aish don’t get any pressure for their spots. Nor does Schulz, who have been garbage

Sorry Crowden is a good average WAFL/SANFL player at best, has zero impact on a game

Missed last weeks game then i guess??
Crowden had 3 almost perfect kicks to leading players that resulted in goals.
At least he doesnt bomb it in long.....I thought we were trying to stop doing that??....

Find it amusing that players like Colyer, Blakely have to put in their hard work to get selected. Colyer actually been one of our best forwards. Yet Tucker essentially comes in off one game at WAFL reserves and a bit game for seniors. The message isn’t good.
Acres and Aish don’t get any pressure for their spots. Nor does Schulz, who have been garbage

I had to Highlight Acres and Aish. Both are outside mids. you got to wonder who their against for those spots. Walters? he is playing both on a wing and Half forward. Cerra? Again roatates as both an inside or outside mid. Frederick is only young. You cant say crowden or Schulz or bewley as they are more likely playing on a forward flank or forward pocket. As much as I love stephen hill, you cant say him as he is injury prone.

Hell I remember 2 years ago we had Langdon and Brad Hill as our main outside mids. the other blokes that were competition for their spots were guys like stephen hill and dare I say it, Danyle Pearce.

Lets start with Acres....

Acres only got 13 disposals vs Brisbane on the weekend. But his last 4 games has been solid. Last 2 games he got 24 disposals. then before that he got 18 disposals vs the hawks and 19 vs the crows. Not but great numbers but not bad either., far from being droppable. As I said, Acres is averaging 20 disposals a game so expect him to post those types of numbers.

Aish yeah his 1st 4 games he got between 14-17 disposals. Yet his last 2 games he got 21 disposals in both those games, before that he got 17 and before that he got 22. Not great numbers but not exactly games where he should be dropped.

Again, Like acres, is another mid that averages 20 disposals a game. Expect those numbers to be 15-25 disposals.

Bewley can pressure Acres & Aish if he keeps up his performances that he's had the past couple of weeks, I'd consider bringing back Giro or moving Henry to the wing too.

I had to Highlight Acres and Aish. Both are outside mids. you got to wonder who their against for those spots. Walters? he is playing both on a wing and Half forward. Cerra? Again roatates as both an inside or outside mid. Frederick is only young. You cant say crowden or Schulz or bewley as they are more likely playing on a forward flank or forward pocket. As much as I love stephen hill, you cant say him as he is injury prone.

Hell I remember 2 years ago we had Langdon and Brad Hill as our main outside mids. the other blokes that were competition for their spots were guys like stephen hill and dare I say it, Danyle Pearce.

Lets start with Acres....

Acres only got 13 disposals vs Brisbane on the weekend. But his last 4 games has been solid. Last 2 games he got 24 disposals. then before that he got 18 disposals vs the hawks and 19 vs the crows. Not but great numbers but not bad either., far from being droppable. As I said, Acres is averaging 20 disposals a game so expect him to post those types of numbers.

Aish yeah his 1st 4 games he got between 14-17 disposals. Yet his last 2 games he got 21 disposals in both those games, before that he got 17 and before that he got 22. Not great numbers but not exactly games where he should be dropped.

Again, Like acres, is another mid that averages 20 disposals a game. Expect those numbers to be 15-25 disposals.
Easy to talk numbers. But look at the past two weeks and see who smashed the midfield. Gaff on the outside, McClugagge on the outside. Acres isn’t a great ball user and Aish has been below average of his standard. Giro could’ve got a chance or Western.

Cerra and Aish can play back, distribute it better than Conca too

They can, but they aren’t very good at it. Weird week to drop a defender with so many out already. Unless Conca is sore.

Conca’s had a good season. Surely you’d back him to turn it around when there are zero healthy defenders to come in. Except for Pearce, who is healthy but we sent home to not play Wafl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy to talk numbers. But look at the past two weeks and see who smashed the midfield. Gaff on the outside, McClugagge on the outside. Acres isn’t a great ball user and Aish has been below average of his standard. Giro could’ve got a chance or Western.
Maybe so....

But Looking at Sefan Giro. He played 10 games in 2018. Missed all of 2019 and 2020 because of injury, Which was sad.

He then plays 4 games this season. If he didnt get injured in 2019 and 2020, I wont say he would of played every game. definately would of roated every 2nd or 3rd week due to him beig young and there were other players that could play his role too.

But Lets copare Andrew Gaff to Clancee Pearce. Andrew Gaff is an A grade out side mid as he averages 25 disposals a game. That means he gets a few 30-35 disposal games too.

Clancee Pearce to me is a C grade mid. Yeah he averaged 15 or 16 disposals a game. That means he could have a crap game getting 10 disposals then back it up the next week getting 20 disposals.

Clancee Pearces best year was 2012 when he was averaging 19.5 disposals a game. he was getting the occasional 25 disposal game and kicked around 15 goals that year too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back