Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. Adelaide, AO Sat 05/06 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Madgen is playing, can he at least not play in the forward line? Put him down back

Cal Brown had to go, I'm not surprised JT is back as he's a perennial favourite now.

Looking forward to seeing how Lynch and Rantall fare, Lynch definitely playing his strongest position and hopefully Rantall sees plenty of midfield time too

Absolutely we’ve done it v all of Essendon, Port, Sydney and West Coast. Adelaide play like Essendon so they’ll just keep coming at you. Death by a thousand cuts is the only way we win unfortunately. I’m torn because a wins a win, but not like that...

It's ability to maintain ideal game that eludes us, number of factors of the why. In 2018 when it was basically a swarm and spread, we changed it up the next season, why? Was it too taxing to execute? Is that why we stopped at qt1 in the GF? And ever since? I think the panel was trying to find the right balance and now with a decimated list they won't find it.

I think Nathan has over analysed his own strategy (if it was his doing, I suspect contributors from the panel).

Now, with development that (should) is front of mind, whether it's a new panel (I suspect this will be) or Nathan and the same what is required is to find the strengths of the list and build a game around that. Don't worry about the losses just find a system that the team can utilise, because total negation of the opposition and zero offence game has no future.

Danger game :)

Moore to Tex, if Moore wins and the rest of the side shows up we should win, for what good it does us.

Wouldn't mind seeing a win, to be fair!

We've got to try claw back some damage of gift wrapping GWS a top end pick too
******* sucks man, if we owned our first rounder i'd be almost happy to lose, now losing does nothing lol, it's lose/lose no matter how you slice it.

Why doesn’t Kelly get a game anymore?Last year he was talked up as the great hope for us,now he can’t even get a game in a team that’s severely weakened by injury and poor form.

I assume it’s the lack of VFL games - again - and Kelly doesn’t have much exposed recent form. He’s another one on our list who is several years in, played a handful of games, has been injured, and now there are question marks over him.

It’s very frustrating. I’m hoping that like Murphy, he suddenly reappears and hits his straps.:)

You think Macrae would be a good match-up for Fogarty? That's who Madge will likely get.
You think Madgen is a good match up for Fogarty?

Considering we have Adams, Howe, Grundy, McCreery out, and no more Stephenson, Treloar and Phillips, the depth is definitely struggling, so some guys will be "gifted" games. If our list was in a better position, l doubt Madgen, Thomas or WHE (previously, he has been better the last few weeks), would have played much senior footy at this stage of the season.
They are taking us nowhere and not performing better than any kid would.

JT and Magden could easily be replaced by anyone who has scope to improve.

You think Macrae would be a good match-up for Fogarty? That's who Madge will likely get.

I hope Madgen doesn't get Fogarty. One on one against stronger bodies Madgen is poor, and Fogarty is a powerful unit. I wouldn't be depending on Madgen to win any one on ones with Fogarty, so he could have a day out and kick 3 or 4 easily....

Good to have Billy back
If Madgen is playing, can he at least not play in the forward line? Put him down back

Cal Brown had to go, I'm not surprised JT is back as he's a perennial favourite now.

Looking forward to seeing how Lynch and Rantall fare, Lynch definitely playing his strongest position and hopefully Rantall sees plenty of midfield time too
Time for Lynch to piss or get off the pot, hopefully a few games in succession and he can show us he has a future. Good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking fwd to being at the game tomorrow. Brilliant time to get on the cans and then hit town afterwards after a nice little win.....
Crows fans are VERY confident about tomorrow to the point of saying why are we wasting our coin to watch them lose lol.

Looking fwd to being at the game tomorrow. Brilliant time to get on the cans and then hit town afterwards after a nice little win.....
Crows fans are VERY confident about tomorrow to the point of saying why are we wasting our coin to watch them lose lol.
I hope the “right in front of me” bloke can do it all again...

He doesn’t have to replace any of those.He could play as a third tall on the forward line,like he did in the one game he played last year.

I thought we were 1 tall too many last week against the Cats and our ball movement actually improved when Grundy was replaced by Macrae, so why would we go back to 1x too many talls?

I hope Madgen doesn't get Fogarty. One on one against stronger bodies Madgen is poor, and Fogarty is a powerful unit. I wouldn't be depending on Madgen to win any one on ones with Fogarty, so he could have a day out and kick 3 or 4 easily....

I wasn't suggesting he'd be the ideal match-up, just with Wilson and Mayne out, I'd prefer him to get the role over Macrae.

Danger game :)

Moore to Tex, if Moore wins and the rest of the side shows up we should win, for what good it does us.

I think Roughy will get Tex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back