Autopsy AFL 2021 First Preliminary Final - Demons v Cats Fri September 10th 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 40.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I will never understand the general disposition of a majority of AFL fans.
In a competition rampant with teams who openly state in any given year that they’re not aiming to win, and in a competition that has had teams legitimately TRYING to lose in order to get the pick of the crop, it’s like it’s a sin to continually try and compete. Yeah it hasn’t won us a trophy. No one is more disappointed than me. But it’s almost like the suggestion is that we are a joke for even trying.

You aren't a joke for trying at all. I'm sure Carlton and Gold Coast would love to fail by making the finals each year.

It's the regularity in which you win 16, 17, 18, 19 games in the H&A season and then go to water in the finals that entertains people.

You almost beat (and should've beaten) Melbourne in August. You beat Port in Adelaide in June. Yet no one is surprised that both teams beat you comfortably in finals. It's bizarre.

How nice of the umps to give the Cats some charity by ignoring a blatant hold on Lever to allow Cameron to kick the last goal of the game.

Blaming Geelong forwards is dumb and tells me you don't know much about football. It's hardly been there. Thier ageing midfield and how they move the ball is to blame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do they trade, delist or just cut?

Delist Henderson, Higgins, I don’t know what Rohan’s contract situation is but I’d be happy to lose him, I’d have a word to Selwood, there’s guys there that have played good footy this year but just for the sake of moving forward you’d probably get rid of. Blicavs has been a huge bonus for us but he’s not going to get any better and he is probably keeping a kid like de Koening out.

well done Melbourne that was just an incredible performance, good luck in a fortnight

Everyone headed to the Geelong board...

long-train.gif

Back