Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks makes a lot of sense for Grundy I think.

They are focusing on youth if anything they will trade their older players like mitchell out. Plus reeves and lynch are good options they wont take grundy.

If you assume grundy wants to stay in vic the only real options are us or melb (if they can afford him). Hawks wont take him, roos he wont go to, saints have marshall, dogs would be a decent fit but english reportedly wants to play no1 ruck not fwd so i doubt they bring grundy in. Richmond have other list holes to fill, i doubt essendon take him with draper there (though they have the cap room if they wanted to). Carlton would be the only other vic club that could use him but i doubt they can afford him cap wise. So we are the obvious destination in most ways if hes not going interstate.

They are focusing on youth if anything they will trade their older players like mitchell out. Plus reeves and lynch are good options they wont take grundy.

If you assume grundy wants to stay in vic the only real options are us or melb (if they can afford him). Hawks wont take him, roos he wont go to, saints have marshall, dogs would be a decent fit but english reportedly wants to play no1 ruck not fwd so i doubt they bring grundy in. Richmond have other list holes to fill, i doubt essendon take him with draper there (though they have the cap room if they wanted to). Carlton would be the only other vic club that could use him but i doubt they can afford him cap wise. So we are the obvious destination in most ways if hes not going interstate.
Yeah but you can't be young everywhere and Hawks will have some cap they need to soak up. A decent ruckman to lead a new young midfield group is hardly the worst option for them.

Yeah but you can't be young everywhere and Hawks will have some cap they need to soak up. A decent ruckman to lead a new young midfield group is hardly the worst option for them.

They already have 2 serviceable rucks (not to mention the fact that lynch moved to get ruck time away from grundy) they need to spend their cap on fixing their midfield and forward stocks (given gunston and breust havent got long to go). I could be wrong but i dont see it.

I see us,i see melb because they are in the window (whether he wants to play no2 to gawn is another matter) and i see port if they can afford him and he wants to go back to SA. I dont see many other fits for him personally. I reckon geelong is a good chance.

They already have 2 serviceable rucks (not to mention the fact that lynch moved to get ruck time away from grundy) they need to spend their cap on fixing their midfield and forward stocks (given gunston and breust havent got long to go). I could be wrong but i dont see it.

I see us,i see melb because they are in the window (whether he wants to play no2 to gawn is another matter) and i see port if they can afford him and he wants to go back to SA. I dont see many other fits for him personally. I reckon geelong is a good chance.
For some reason I misremembered Lynch. In my head he went to the Pies not away but obviously not correct.

Was going to post the same thing.
Hopper is a b grader, hasn’t shown that much to suggest all the love for him.
Averages nearly 22 possessions and 0.36 goals a game.
Is rated elite for one category “center clearances”
Below average for 13 other midfielder categories

He’s a nice player, but no way I’d give up a first for him
There's a three-time Premiership Cat who was a clearance machine with 22 possessions and 0.3 goals a game.

He wore number 11.

Hes an elite ruck of which theres very few in a position of need for us who has historically been super durable until this year. Rucks and leg injuries are dangerous so id want a very good medical but if you get that and reasonable $ (ie he either renegotiates his contract or the pies pay some of it)then i could absolutely see why we would chase grundy. The reality is we would have won more flags in the last few years if we had him and up until the anzac day injury this year he was still playing very well so if you trust the medical that you do then theres huge upside in this for us. I do agree it carries some risk though.
Unfortunately we would be getting 29 year old Grundy for 5 years. His best skill is his ability to cover the ground for a big guy and play almost as an extra midfielder. This skill is very likely already diminished. 29 year old Grundy is very likely not an elite ruckman.

If we were getting 26 year old Grundy for 5 years I would agree. But 26 year old Grundy would never be available to us.

He is being shopped for a reason. Caveat Emptor

Delist Dahlhaus, Higgins and Narkle.
Atkins and Close swap rookie list/main list spots with Simpson and N.Stevens

3 picks at the draft - Rd 1, Rd 2 and Carlton’s Rd3. Have Brisbane’s and our Rd 3 left over . Maybe can do a pick swap?

Now if Hopper comes that changes. Probably lose Rd 1. And need to delist another, maybe N.Stevens or Simpson. Be left with our unused Rd 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about all the below average stats
Wouldn’t rate JC as a grader either tbh
Corey was a hell of a gut runner aswell.
Hopper strikes me of as a bit of a plodder pace wise who is very good in tight.
Would be pumped to get him next year under FA... But not so much if we are handing over much capital.
A fit Grundy would be more of a difference maker.
As I say all the time... Time will tell.

The more I think about Grundy, the more I am against it.

Collingwood gave him the deal assuming that he would be great for 5 years and that the last 2 years would likely be poor value. It just so happens that his drop off has come much earlier than they had thought, and now they are trying to find a way out.

Let them live with their mistake, or make them pay through the nose to get out of it. And by pay through the nose I mean eating at least 50% of the contract OR giving us ollie Henry basically for free.

Make it hurt or walk away.

Clohesy named in VFL team this weekend.​

VFL Round 21 Team​

Ins: S Neale, T Feely, A Byrne, T Clohesy

Outs: O Riccardi, Z Zdybel, J Ceglar, O Dempsey

Looking forward to seeing Ted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back