Remove this Banner Ad

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Shown on ESPN and SBS (Quarterfinals onwards)

Seeds

1. Rafael Nadal
2. Andy Murray
3. Roger Federer
4. Alexander Zverev
5. Marin Cilic
6. Dominic Thiem
7. Grigor Dimitrov
8. Milos Raonic
9. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
10. David Goffin
11. John Isner
12. Roberto Bautista Agut
13. Pablo Carreno Busta
14. Jack Sock
15. Nick Kyrgios
16. Tomas Berdych
17. Lucas Pouille
18. Sam Querrey
19. Gael Monfils
20. Gilles Muller
21. Albert Ramos
22. David Ferrer
23. Fabio Fognini
24. Mischa Zverev
25. Juan Martin Del Potro
26. Karen Khachanov
27. Richard Gasquet
28. Pablo Cuevas
29. Kevin Anderson
30. Diego Schwartzman
31. Adrian Mannarino
32. Feliciano Lopez

1. Karolina Pliskova
2. Simona Halep
3. Garbine Muguruza
4. Elina Svitolina
5. Caroline Wozniacki
6. Angelique Kerber
7. Johanna Konta
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova
9. Venus Williams
10. Agnieszka Radwanska
11. Dominika Cibulkova
12. Jelena Ostapenko
13. Kristina Mladenovic
14. Petra Kvitova
15. Madison Keys
16. Anastasija Sevastova
17. Elena Vesnina
18. Caroline Garcia
19. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
20. Coco Vandeweghe
21. Ana Konjuh
22. Shuai Peng
23. Barbora Strycova
24. Kiki Bertens
25. Daria Gavrilova
26. Anett Kontaveit
27. Shuai Zhang
28. Lesia Tsurenko
29. Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
30. Julia Goerges
31. Magdalena Rybarikova
32. Lauren Davis

33 - Robin Haase / Carla Suarez Navarro
34 - Philipp Kohlschreiber / Catherine Bellis

Last edited:
New rules introduced this week during US Open. (Qualifying only)

d6fb4e00252cb1d7b83b3422e845f927.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Men's Winner
No Nole, No Stan, No Kei. Injury doubts to Fed(back), Murray and Cilic($15). IF Fed is fit, he will win. He lost in Canada in part because he hurt his back during the match. outside of that, he hasn't lost to someone inside the top 100 all year. but at $2.50, he is way way too short due to the back.

Which doesn't leave many players left? Nadal($4) has shown weakness in losing to a kid (ranked 130 odd) in Toronto. Then he showed his weakness to lose to big hitters once more at Cincy. deserves to be 2nd fav still but I don't like. Murray($8.50) hasn't played since Wimbledon with his dodgy hip. who knows with him.

The bookies 3rd fav is the kid and the winner of Toronto and Rome Masters, Sascha Zverev($9). He hasn't made the quarters of any Grand Slam before. He hasn't beat anyone inside the top 50 at Grand Slam before. He struggles over 5 sets. The fitness is not there yet. 2 weeks of tennis can hurt. Kyrgios($15) has issues with the head over 5 sets. He gets bored. His best, like Sascha, is over best of 3 sets. I dont think it is their year.

I was very impressed with Dimitrov this morning and if you can get him at $20(he has already shortened below that on most markets), hop on. Great Dark horse. Played great at the Aus Open and I reckon he is near that form again. Will need some luck and continue his Aus/Cinci form, not the rest of the year form. His year has had a lot of ups and downs so I wouldnt back a house on him.

If you want a real dark horse, go for someone like Sam Querrey($101). If Fed is not fit, then this market will go nuts. It will be last man standing.

WTA
4 girls for me as potential winner
The standouts are Muguruza($5.50)and Pliskova($8). they are the favs. Pliskova was runner up last year. she has been there about's all year. Mugurza just won her 2nd title of the year and showcased her Wimbledon form. destroying poor Halep in the final. They played this week in Cinci and Mug won easy but Pliskova had played 2 matches the day before. I think only Pliskova stands a chance IF Mug fires.

I was going to say Svitolina($10) was a dark horse, but she is 3rd fav for a reason. doubts remain over her Grand Slam performace but she has done everything else so far this year. my Dark horse has been Wozniacki($17) all year for this tournament. twice runner up here in the US. the form is there BUT she has lost 6-7 straight finals this year. She also has a limited ceiling compared to Mug or Pliskova.

Not contenders
Rule out Azarenka($9). She won't be at the US Open. Halep is Wozniacki but less success here at the US Open. Konta lacks decent movement against the top top players. Kvitova, Ostapenko and Venus have no form, though that hasnt stopped them before.

Huge outsiders who could do something or go deep. Coco($41), Keys($29) and Kuznetsova($41). dangerous players on their day.

Thanks for the write up BobbyMorri this is certainly one heck of an intriguing men's grand slam tournament. For the first time in as long as maybe 8-9 years, we have real question marks over who will make the semis and the final. It is so difficult to predict with many top players out, other top players with some injury concerns and the young guys starting to pop up a little more. Extremely impressed with Dimitrov this week, will he carry that form at flushing meadows?

The women's side again could throw up a few possibilities and one thing I'm really intrigued by is if we see a first time grand slam semi finalist for the 18th grand slam in a row? My prediction is that run of firsts ends in new York. Love Muguruza's game when she is playing well and she is at the moment. Hope she continues that run of form.

Just on the seeds, I think Rafa will be number 1 seed and Murray 2, not that it matters.

Hoping the Aussies get a better draw than we did at Wimbledon. Arina Rodionova won the female WC playoff today so she has earnt her spot.

I'll try to follow the tournament a little closer than I have in the past, but it's always a challenge with matched starting very early in the morning.

Had a look ahead at the t.v. guide seems coverage starts 3am eastern each day. If memory is right and things haven't changed this means we miss the first 2 hrs of play each day. I think ESPN might butcher the coverage

Men's Winner
No Nole, No Stan, No Kei. Injury doubts to Fed(back), Murray and Cilic($15). IF Fed is fit, he will win. He lost in Canada in part because he hurt his back during the match. outside of that, he hasn't lost to someone inside the top 100 all year. but at $2.50, he is way way too short due to the back.

Which doesn't leave many players left? Nadal($4) has shown weakness in losing to a kid (ranked 130 odd) in Toronto. Then he showed his weakness to lose to big hitters once more at Cincy. deserves to be 2nd fav still but I don't like. Murray($8.50) hasn't played since Wimbledon with his dodgy hip. who knows with him.

The bookies 3rd fav is the kid and the winner of Toronto and Rome Masters, Sascha Zverev($9). He hasn't made the quarters of any Grand Slam before. He hasn't beat anyone inside the top 50 at Grand Slam before. He struggles over 5 sets. The fitness is not there yet. 2 weeks of tennis can hurt. Kyrgios($15) has issues with the head over 5 sets. He gets bored. His best, like Sascha, is over best of 3 sets. I dont think it is their year.

I was very impressed with Dimitrov this morning and if you can get him at $20(he has already shortened below that on most markets), hop on. Great Dark horse. Played great at the Aus Open and I reckon he is near that form again. Will need some luck and continue his Aus/Cinci form, not the rest of the year form. His year has had a lot of ups and downs so I wouldnt back a house on him.

If you want a real dark horse, go for someone like Sam Querrey($101). If Fed is not fit, then this market will go nuts. It will be last man standing.

WTA
4 girls for me as potential winner
The standouts are Muguruza($5.50)and Pliskova($8). they are the favs. Pliskova was runner up last year. she has been there about's all year. Mugurza just won her 2nd title of the year and showcased her Wimbledon form. destroying poor Halep in the final. They played this week in Cinci and Mug won easy but Pliskova had played 2 matches the day before. I think only Pliskova stands a chance IF Mug fires.

I was going to say Svitolina($10) was a dark horse, but she is 3rd fav for a reason. doubts remain over her Grand Slam performace but she has done everything else so far this year. my Dark horse has been Wozniacki($17) all year for this tournament. twice runner up here in the US. the form is there BUT she has lost 6-7 straight finals this year. She also has a limited ceiling compared to Mug or Pliskova.

Not contenders
Rule out Azarenka($9). She won't be at the US Open. Halep is Wozniacki but less success here at the US Open. Konta lacks decent movement against the top top players. Kvitova, Ostapenko and Venus have no form, though that hasnt stopped them before.

Huge outsiders who could do something or go deep. Coco($41), Keys($29) and Kuznetsova($41). dangerous players on their day.

I had a few doubles before Wimbledon.

Wawrinka, Cilic, A.Zverev for the mens.

Mug, Konta, Svitolina for the womens.

Womens I'd still rate them the 3 best chances tbh. The men's obviously I took doubles outside the big 4 as otherwise it is pointless and Stan is out (though was surprised they voided instead of marking as a loss like they would for racing futures) and Cilic is injured/mightily head*ed after the Wimby final anyway so it only leaves me with Zverev as a horse in the race. Took some hail mary ones with Querrey and added Dimi to the mix after this week.

Nadal has been ordinary his last few US opens but has looked stronger this year compare to the previous seasons so I thought he might have been able to recapture some of his 10-14 US open form but doesn't look likely based on the lead up events. If Fed is restricted with the back injury anything can happen.

I'm absolutely balls deep in Mug on the women's side. They've wound her in after Cincy but its still a huge price IMO. She plays well no one is getting anywhere near her.

Personally Federer is just too short.

Backed Dimitrov at $25 and Raonic at $30 a few months back so I'll ride those out.

Nadal will be the one I'm backing though.

As for the womens- good luck!

Probably back Pliskova. I have Muguruza at $7 already.

The women's side again could throw up a few possibilities and one thing I'm really intrigued by is if we see a first time grand slam semi finalist for the 18th grand slam in a row? My prediction is that run of firsts ends in new York. Love Muguruza's game when she is playing well and she is at the moment. Hope she continues that run of form.

Hoping the Aussies get a better draw than we did at Wimbledon. Arina Rodionova won the female WC playoff today so she has earnt her spot.

Cheers pepsi.

on the semi final first ups in the WTA, i think we will. Svitolina hasnt made a semi yet. She must be due soon.

I would say Ana Konjuh as well if she had any form. Went deep last year.

Heres hoping Barty gets a nice soft seed in her section. Davis is the one you really want. Ash is leading Dasha in the race this year.

Last edited:
Has Cilic played anything since wimbledon
No. I thought he was a late withdrawal but he withdrew the same time as Murray.

Hamingja I agree about Muguruza. I had a bet that either Halep or Pliskova would finish the year as world number 1. I was confident around the French Open. I have completely turned. Mug is a bit like Serena that you have to knock her out early(and fast) or its gg. The bookies have been slow to realise that.

What does everyone think about Del Porto. Has history here. would love for him to do well here again and has shown he can be dangerous on his day.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Men's Qualifying people thingies

Leo Mayer
Denis Shapovalov
Sergiy Stakhovsky
Alex Santillan (AUS)
Mikhail Kukushkin
Marc Polmans (AUS)
Teymuraz Gabashvili
Blake Mott (AUS)
Sam Groth (AUS)
Matt Ebden (AUS)
Gerald Melzer
Lukas Rosol
JP Smith (AUS)
Nicholas Mahut
Darian King

Women's Qualifying People

Su-Wei Hsieh
Kaia Kanepi
Laura Robson
Lizette Cabrera (AUS)
Zarina Diyas
Destanee Aiava (AUS)
Kat Bondarenko
VERA ZVONAREVA
Marina Erakovic
Anna Schmiedlova
Victoria Duval
PATTY SCHYNDER

Women's Qualifying People

Su-Wei Hsieh
Kaia Kanepi
Laura Robson
Lizette Cabrera (AUS)
Zarina Diyas
Destanee Aiava (AUS)
Kat Bondarenko
VERA ZVONAREVA
Marina Erakovic
Anna Schmiedlova
Victoria Duval
PATTY SCHYNDER

COME ON GIRL!!!!!!! ITS TIME FOR PEOPLE TO FEAR YOU ONCE MORE!!!!!!!

Had a look ahead at the t.v. guide seems coverage starts 3am eastern each day. If memory is right and things haven't changed this means we miss the first 2 hrs of play each day. I think ESPN might butcher the coverage

That tells me it looks like they'll be taking the US coverage (which starts same time over there) the coverage itself is great but we might be missing out as far as Aussies go and the later start time.

At least WatchESPN will have all the courts so still craps all over Fox's coverage

Ayyy Zvony

That tells me it looks like they'll be taking the US coverage (which starts same time over there) the coverage itself is great but we might be missing out as far as Aussies go and the later start time.

At least WatchESPN will have all the courts so still craps all over Fox's coverage

Good lol. generally the US coverage is a mile better than focusing on some Australians who have little chance. Good chance they will show Kyrgios anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back