Grand Slam Australian Open 2024 - Day 1

Will Novak Win Again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The fifth set had it all. Kubler had a MTO with a wrist injury and I think that might of hampered him. Galan was cramping through the TB. Lost his serve on MP but won it on Kubler's serve. I really like it when I can just enjoy watching a match without an invested interest. Now off to MCA with Coric down two sets.

I’d be more confident in Shelton beating Djokovic in Round 4 than I would in Sinner beating in a semi final. Just because Djokovic does not lose QF, SF and F’s in Australia.

Sheldon won’t win a set, more nervous about the QF and Semi they are very dangerous. Least the next two should be comfortable

Kubler was the one who was a bit tighter on the points. You could see his return position getting deeper and deeper as the 5th set went on.

Absolutely gutted for the bloke

Yeah and Novak had a 40+ match streak until a few weeks ago. Prizmic also pushing him the match after. I don’t think Djokovic is the same as he was last year which a better player would be able to exploit.
40+? His best win streak of the last 12 months or so was 19.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You never know. Bet you didn’t expect Djokovic to lose a set tonight either.

Na I knew this guy would trouble him purely the matchup. More happy with rounds 2/3 than this one. Ultra dangerous player that’s a wall in defence. Hes improved his range though which you expect as an 18 year old kid

Tonight was his 29th straight win here

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not possible because he lost in Sydney the other day. It was a Australian 43 win streak that was broken recently. Refer to below article.

Back