Grand Slam Australian Open 2024 - Day 1

Will Novak Win Again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Djokovic in his press conference was asked about how he was feeling, and how he’d been struggling a little the past 5 days. He said you can hear it in my voice, and you genuinely could. That explains the blowing of the nose in the first set, and more than just a little blow. He’s congested and apparently has a sore throat. He said he’ll see how he wakes up today in terms of practising and deciding with his team what he should do. Thankfully he has 2 days to rest, he needs it.

He was also asked about Prizmic and he said he was most surprised by his physicality, how strong he was, especially defending to the BH side. Said he trains very hard and very focussed off the court getting his habits right. High praise.

He was also asked about spectators moving after games. Said he didn’t know it was a thing (good job Tiley). Said he can see the benefit as it enhances the fan experience but all his career it’s never happened and it’s an adjustment. Fair assessment.

Djokovic in his press conference was asked about how he was feeling, and how he’d been struggling a little the past 5 days. He said you can hear it in my voice, and you genuinely could. That explains the blowing of the nose in the first set, and more than just a little blow. He’s congested and apparently has a sore throat. He said he’ll see how he wakes up today in terms of practising and deciding with his team what he should do. Thankfully he has 2 days to rest, he needs it.
A covid test should be a good start!!!! :p

I was there today and happened in all the courts I went to. I think it's a great move. Helps with congestion around the outside of the courts and gets more people into seats. A bit of movement in between games and players having to wait a few more seconds is not a hindrance.
I think they should allow punters to enter during change over after the first game in a set . 3 games are too long and most of the time, players will still go to their chair, have a drink and then change ends.

I am against doing it after each game. People are idiots, selfish and will not rush or anything.

I am against doing it after each game. People are idiots, selfish and will not rush or anything.
Sometimes tennis players are a bit precious and this is one of those instances. I think it's a good move to allow for movement after a game. Yesterday it wasn't a free for all at say a 2-2 score, they didn't let everyone waiting in line to come in, but they allowed some patrons through at this type of scoreline.

Sometimes you can be stuck outside for two change of ends waiting to get in even when you have a seat because there are so many people waiting to get back in. This move allows for a better spectating experience.

Shelton just won first set. 2 to go YeoShuey

Us Open Tennis Sport GIF by US Open

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the deportation saga, he should not have continued in his role at TA.

What - The deportation saga which was the Federal Government trying to be populist by making up rules on the run. Tiley was always staying in the job because he runs a successful tournament - That's the bottom line.

i am surprised he didn't cop as much criticism for that. Not as much as he deserved as it.

What - Tiley got mega criticism in the media which was completely over the top - More importantly he had the support of the players and the TA Board.

Back