Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 13 - Rybakina v Sabalenka

Rybakina v Sabalenka

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy for Sabalenka. Deserved the win and earned it over the years. Rybikina didn’t play her best tennis- too many errors and outsmarted. The big serving, fewer rallies lacks appeal for me, but people loved it, so there you go.
ps couldn’t give a rats’ toss bag about some empty seats.
Yeah there were always going to be fewer lengthy rallies, get Swiatek on court and it’s a different style of tennis completely. It really hit its straps in the third set though, that was unbelievable ball striking.

As for the seats, I really don’t care. When the responses became a tirade about SA and supposedly hating Vics when…it wasn’t anything to do with that, that’s where I took offence. Sorry if I went on, just felt like an unnecessary string of responses.

Great match, congrats to Sabalenka - played an awesome two sets of tennis. Far too heavy for Rybakina in the end there. Great reaction too, clearly means so much to her.

If you go to the WTA website you can hear the player pronounce their name on their profile (a speaker symbol next to their name). The commentators were saying it correctly, the umpire was not.

Bugbear of mine when the umpires don't know how to say the names. Creates situations where nobody knows what is correct.

I thought I heard Molik/Dokic/Smith say it slightly differently themselves as well :p

Tomato/Tomatoe

How can you not like Rybakina, what a lovely girl.
I have a special spot for the wackjobs of the tennis world.

She is the complete opposite. Great manners, is polite, no grunts, doesn't get tight and lets the tennis do the talking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great manners, is polite, no grunts, doesn't get tight and lets the tennis do the talking.

No drama. No Kardishian-Bouchard like social media obsession. Since we don't have a (similar) Ash champion any more, she is always gonna be one of my faves.

Why wasn’t it first? 6pm start, followed by womens. The scheduling puzzled me a little.

To then make the women’s final start late? Not for me thanks. The final is the main event.

5pm then. Doesn’t really matter, as you said the final is the main event, 100%, but make both work. 5/8 would’ve worked.

Still, being a Saturday night, hopefully a few stick around.

I still like a 7:30 start for the women’s final it suits most markets- you won’t suit the US but their final sucks for us.

Oh God - I was hoping since we got to the finals weekend we wouldn't have to hear that salty toad again.

Back