AFL Toast Beat the giants by 20!

Remove this Banner Ad

One of our best wins in recent years.

Relied on individual brilliance to stay in touch when things weren't going our way, but then were deliciously formidable after half time to take what they threw at us and just continually constrict them at the contest. Love this new endeavour and hope we can keep it going.

Kelly did a stand up job on Toby too. Can't wait for Reid and Ridley to return.

Bigger tests to come!

• Beat a flag contender
  • Stop their run game off half back, which is arguably the best in the comp, when defending that has been our weakness for years
  • Langford beast mode to the point they had to put the game's no.1 defender on him
  • Durham, Perkins, Caldwell getting the keys to the midfield is just chef's kiss
  • McKay not perfect but being able to hold his own in most 1v1s
  • Guelfi's best game for the club

Jane Austen Ok GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

I just left Marvel so sorry if it's been said before. I want to give a huge call out to a player who has been lambasted mercilestly. Jayden Laverde, come on down. Coped a goal early then owned the backline later. Just huge for the team

When watching the first quarter, I thought how often this club plays for big causes, Anzac Day, Dreamtime, ect… and today with with the kids, I was thinking how distracting it might be and taking away focus from the game. But when you watch the reactions of players in key moments after scoring, like Elf and Stringer, it meant so much.

3rd on the ladder with a percentage of 98. That's so us
I was literally just thinking its time we flexed some considerable muscle with games against North, Richmond and Suns before a blockbuster against Carlton in round 13 (Sunday night, 720pm WTF?!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Set ourselves for the game after the horror show from last year.
Now is another chance to show we are on the right track and show up again next week and get the win when it's "just another game" and you are probably expected to win.

Goldy has been huge for this football club. Why can't he be 5 years younger!

Durham, Caldwell, Perkins is a combo that could take us a long way.

Hind is depth but when he plays smart football he's a real weapon.

Get Reid, Ridley into this team and it starts getting exciting.

Guelfi huge game, really disciplined and then got the rewards on the scoreboard.

Davey has serious skills with the football. Just need to get him to get it a lot more.
Davey also needs to stop shitting himself about getting contact in the contest and stay calm. But I do like his pressure and skills.

I just left Marvel so sorry if it's been said before. I want to give a huge call out to a player who has been lambasted mercilestly. Jayden Laverde, come on down. Coped a goal early then owned the backline later. Just huge for the team

Was also at Marvel and I agree! He had a rough first quarter but was brilliant the last 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back