Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not necessarily incorrect at all. It's just something you don't like hence the insults

It's also no secret Saints are interested in Crouch ... or is that wrong because you don't like it too?

You just said most of what the media report isn't correct?
you literally just said that...

Other clubs are interested in lots of players. I'm sure every single club would be enquiring about Bont and McRae etc.
That is not the same as players wanting to leave.

Brad has never given an indication that he wants to leave.
He has a partner from Adelaide, plays with his brother and is on good coin and playing good football.
It seems to be more Victorian media wishful thinking than anything else.

Interesting... is there any names that are likely to be cleaned out... or is that media spin too ? It seems to be this push that the Crows will have to burn it back a bit but maybe not ..?

You just said most of what the media report isn't correct?
you literally just said that...

Other clubs are interested in lots of players. I'm sure every single club would be enquiring about Bont and McRae etc.
That is not the same as players wanting to leave.
Hardly always right ... ie not always right sheesh. LeLet'sjust leave it as everything is rosey in Adelaide

They probably are. It would be pretty negligent if the other clubs aren't enquiring about the dogs best players

With him contracted and the fact he becomes a RFA next year

Adelaide would expect pick 5 or 6 for him next year

So you would say they will have him for another year and collect more if he is keen to leave

How much can Adelaide get this year or is the RFA the most we would get if so he obviously will be staying for another year

You think he would get band 1 comp Marty ?

It's not necessarily incorrect at all. It's just something you don't like hence the insults

It's also no secret Saints are interested in Crouch ... or is that wrong because you don't like it too?
I don't mind anyone interested in brad this year he is contracted next year I would be concerned as he is an RFA we would get pick 5 or 6 maximum this year gives us the ability to get more or he keeps playing for Adelaide

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brad was close to leaving a few years ago when he couldn’t get on the park. But if he leaves now I’d say there’s something seriously wrong with the club.

Based on the offer . Wage and age based ... top 5% for the above 25 ..I think he would have to be getting close to 1M... who knows these days it seems so many players getting huge dollars..
Obviously with the fact who ever goes after brad they will need to match Adelaide"s offer so Adelaide will ask or know the answer to what a round 1 pick will require

Its a given we will get maximum value out of him unless as done with danger Geelong offered us more than a RFA compo so they didn't have to pay a huge salary

Don't think they would have the currency to get him

Trade currency? Are you joking? We currently have 16, 34 and 37 as it stands right now. Add to that another likely 2nd rounder as compo for Ellis if he leaves as expected via free agency. As well as the option of trading next years first which might be well a truly on the table with Maurice Rioli Jnr looking like an early-ish father son selection, so the club might try bank later picks for him rather than be forced into using the first. Then there is also the option of a pick and a player package. Don't think we'll take many picks to the draft at all this year with a few rookies in line for an upgrade to primary list.

What do you think he would cost trade wise?

Hardly always right ... ie not always right sheesh. LeLet'sjust leave it as everything is rosey in Adelaide

They probably are. It would be pretty negligent if the other clubs aren't enquiring about the dogs best players

Its not rosey as such but the disgusting over the top rumours and media attention we're getting is pathetic.

Why are Melbourne not attracting the same scrutiny? They were expected top 4 and finished 17th.
I'm sure a lot of those guys want out too...

Its not rosey as such but the disgusting over the top rumours and media attention we're getting is pathetic.

Why are Melbourne not attracting the same scrutiny? They were expected top 4 and finished 17th.
I'm sure a lot of those guys want out too...
They probably should be

I would guess part of it is probably that Adelaide is an older list requiring more youth

Interesting... is there any names that are likely to be cleaned out... or is that media spin too ? It seems to be this push that the Crows will have to burn it back a bit but maybe not ..?

Jenkins and Greenwood I'd say will certainly not be there next year.
Keath probably the same. Douglas and Otten retired already. A couple of blokes will be delisted.

Thats 7 or 8 already.

Most of it is the fact that our age profile doesn't match where our performances are.
Jenkins and Greenwood both want to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade currency? Are you joking? We currently have 16, 34 and 37 as it stands right now. Add to that another likely 2nd rounder as compo for Ellis if he leaves as expected via free agency. As well as the option of trading next years first which might be well a truly on the table with Maurice Rioli Jnr looking like an early-ish father son selection, so the club might try bank later picks for him rather than be forced into using the first. Then there is also the option of a pick and a player package. Don't think we'll take many picks to the draft at all this year with a few rookies in line for an upgrade to primary list.

What do you think he would cost trade wise?

Sorry what part of 16, 34 and 37 gets you Brad Crouch?
Those 3 together dont get you close. Even if you add the 2nd rounder in.

Would have thought at least a top 10 pick and early 2nd rounder would be a starting point. Crows need good early picks, not some riff raff from Richmond's list like Menadue lol

I'd be surprised if a first and two seconds didn't get it done. He's not worth two firsts. And did you read the part about next year's first likely to be available? We have plenty of picks and depth players with currency that could be worked to find a suitable deal.

The issue isn't us having the currency or not, it's us having the cap space or not. If we are actually interested as reported.

Would have thought at least a top 10 pick and early 2nd rounder would be a starting point. Crows need good early picks, not some riff raff from Richmond's list like Menadue lol

Correct.
Crouch has been our best midfielder this year and he wont be sold for 3 x 2nd round picks and a spud.

I'd be surprised if a first and two seconds didn't get it done. He's not worth two firsts. And did you read the part about next year's first likely to be available? We have plenty of picks and depth players with currency that could be worked to find a suitable deal.

The issue isn't us having the currency or not, it's us having the cap space or not. If we are actually interested as reported.

A first round pick at 16 isnt the same as a first round pick at 6.
We'd be wanting a top 10 pick for Crouch at a minimum.

Later picks don't worry us. You'd have to trade up the order if you want to use your 2019 first rounder.

Well its implied when the guy says "we have plenty of currency to get crouch" and then lists pick 16 and two picks in the 30s.

Edit: It was you that said it lol
Last I checked pick 16 isn't a 2nd rounder.

16, 34, 35 (compo) and 37 are equal in value to pick 2. Not saying that would be the trade, just demonstrating that there is plenty to work with in addition to future picks and players.

So, I say again, we have the currency in one way or another whether you like it or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back