Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GFC (OUT: Thomas/Hansen/Daw/Dumont | IN: Brown/Basti/Garner/Mullett)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
-McDonald also. Shot.

Huh? a 20 year old kid in his second season is "shot?" It's comments like that, that give Brad Scott an excuse to dismiss the big footy posters as lunatics.... o_O:rolleyes:
He needs an excuse??

I'm in the same boat too. We're moving house on Saturday, and ordinarily I'd be doing everything in my power to get to the game but right now my general feeling is 'meh'. And that feeling has transcended to the whole season. Quite a shame really.

So if the crowd is absolutely pathetic, will that send a strong enough message to the board about NM supporters feelings on Brad Scott? If so, I'll stay away too.

-McDonald also. Shot.

Huh? a 20 year old kid in his second season is "shot?" It's comments like that, that give Brad Scott an excuse to dismiss the big footy posters as lunatics.... o_O:rolleyes:

In fairness, it's one of only hundreds that give them ammunition against BF, if they wanted it.

If I was at the club, I would ignore BF and ask the players to avoid it, too. Too much emotion. The downside of that is that there is some pretty good analysis done here and some good suggestions that might work if taken on board.

The only perspective reason for daws papers being stamped, could be due to the game plan.

They must go through hours of forward structure planning and meetings and he just doesn't understand the setups.

That or our game plan doesn't suit to his style. I've only ever seen once the same setup that is used at werribee in that the whole fifty is open for majak. It was against the dogs and guess what, he tore it up and bagged 6. Maybe we just need to realise that some footballers are better off without the incessant structure and guidelines

Wondering will there be the centre circle observance for Phil Walsh be done on Saturday night post-match given the Cats couldn't do it last week with the cancelled match? You'd think they'd like an opportunity to do it.
There might also be a one minute silence at the beginning of the match with the teams lined up, like in finals.

I didn't see the first quarter of last night, so can someone confirm whether or not Port did this (as they were unable to last week)?

There might also be a one minute silence at the beginning of the match with the teams lined up, like in finals.

I didn't see the first quarter of last night, so can someone confirm whether or not Port did this (as they were unable to last week)?

Port did their own thing, it didn't involve Collingwood. If Geelong do a tribute (which I doubt), we won't be involved.

The only perspective reason for daws papers being stamped, could be due to the game plan.

They must go through hours of forward structure planning and meetings and he just doesn't understand the setups.

That or our game plan doesn't suit to his style. I've only ever seen once the same setup that is used at werribee in that the whole fifty is open for majak. It was against the dogs and guess what, he tore it up and bagged 6. Maybe we just need to realise that some footballers are better off without the incessant structure and guidelines
I've got a genius idea, we have a game plan best suited for the guys on the paddock.. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a genius idea, we have a game plan best suited for the guys on the paddock.. ;)
you absolute moron, what are you thinking? are you thinking? you mean look at our list and work out or strengths and weaknesses and then go from there? what stupid idiotic idea that would be. really how friggen dumb are you?

i better add

;)

you absolute moron, what are you thinking? are you thinking? you mean look at our list and work out or strengths and weaknesses and then go from there? what stupid idiotic idea that would be. really how friggen dumb are you?

i better add

;)
Don't worry, I'll make it work.
Square+Peg+Round+Hole.jpg

The problem there is that AFL defensive setup's are too good to just allow Maj a one out contest with a free run and jump at the ball. Won't happen at AFL level.

I suppose we can all argue the rights and wrongs of these changes player by player but at least the club has made four changes. We will never know the true reasons but usually it is more about not sticking to the game plan as opposed to just having a s**t day. Let's hope the message is through loud and clear and that we have a strong win against the pussies.

where is Drew?

CHB is where he belongs at the moment mate. 3 talls hasn't worked at all for us in 2015.

One 200cm+ FF in Brown to bomb it in to

Ziebell at CHF - still close enough to the middle to make an impact and lock the ball in our fwd50

Wood and Higgins on respective flanks hopefully slotting goals from outside 50 and setting up Brown on leads

Black and Thomas in the pockets cleaning up Brown's crumbs and making short leads to HF

All with an eye on the future of our foward line and developing cohesion between our young gunners, Higgins being the oldest player in our F50.

Even better if Garner can come in for Higgins/Thomas, I think Higgo should be trialled as a full time mid before the season ends too.

I'd love to see ...

B: Wright - Tarrant - Hansen (McDonald if Hansen injured)
HB: Dal - Petrie - Thompson
C: JMac - Atley - Bastinac
HF: Higgins - Brown - Harvey
FF: Garner - Daw - Ziebull

Followers: Goldy - Swallow - Cunnington

Interchange: Mullet; Jacobs; Nahas (Sub); Dumont

We aren't killing his development at all. The club has been extremely patient with him and he just isn't an AFL footballer.
For interest's sake what are you basing this on - his form from 2 years ago?

Surely it was not based on 3 qtrs of footy the other night on a greasy deck with rubbish supply? If you were using the other night as a one off decision criterion then you'd write off Ziebell and Swallow as footballers on the same basis.

How many of his VFL games have you seen this season?

Correct. A player like Atley should be the extra man. To rebound hard and fast out of the backline. Hansen will mark, pause, and slow kick. half our problem is we move it out too slow.
Aren't we top 3 in the league for scores from half back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back