Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Melbourne Demons (Round 12, Mon 10/06 3:20pm MCG) FREEZE MND

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bear is on fire!

UnwF.gif

The irony of the changes is that we are not at all likely to trot out the same performance two weeks in a row. We could go in unchanged if the message from the coaches is the right one and dominate from start to finish. The mindset is easily the most important thing from here on out.

With that said, I think Reid should come out for Cox as a start, with a further look at Thomas, Varcoe and Beams.

If we could replace one of Thomas or Varcoe with Daicos and replace Beams with Sier I'd be happy. We go in much younger than I'd like but it's a different dynamic, particularly with Sier and adds a dimension were sorely lacking. It's a shame Beams hasn't brought what we'd hoped he was bringing so far this year. Been nothing short of a down hill skier thus far.

It's disappointing we couldn't come out yesterday and blast Freo to the tune of ten goals plus, so to do that this week would be nice but sends the message that we're good but not mentally mature enough to realise when we're playing rockstar footy before we lose. Not the right message. I'd rather have blasted Freo, and then backed it up again this week to show the other clubs that we recognised that we'd been poor and came out and fixed it. We need to show that we have gears. Put doubt into the minds of the Geelong's and GWS's of the world - on the way to finals, we're finding levels only we knew we had. But alas I'll settle for a deemolition job this week. Let's hope they find the fortitude to get it done.

I'll be traveling down from Brisbane for the game. We don't have a public holiday here on Monday so I'll be calling in sick on Monday morning before the game. Always makes me nervous and just glad there's no STD tones anymore, calling from another state.

Reid worked his butt off yesterday but it's not an easy gig when the you're getting delivery that poor. I don't think a footy was put to him once that was to his advantage. Doubt Phil Carmen in his prime would have done any better.

He was ok but his issue is he cant get separation on the lead and cant pack mark. Cox does both.

Reid also isnt a 2nd rucks a$$hole. Cox is one of the best 2nd rucks in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to work out a way of stopping teams going straight up the guts and scoring quickly
If Freo could do it the better teams will be all over us
Opposition dash and flair is costing us

If all our players weren't continually flying against each other they'd likely mark the footy and opposition players wouldn't get those cheap ground ball gets.

Same for me that should be the only change. I would give Cox a week in the 2’s.

The other positional alteration is that I'd like to see Roughhead or Moore taking the second ruck minutes. Reid is awful in the ruck - we'd be better off doing the Richmond thing and using a midfielder.

If all our players weren't continually flying against each other they'd likely mark the footy and opposition players wouldn't get those cheap ground ball gets.
Ugh... a whole heap of this. Levi jumping into Moore, Moore jumping into Howe...

The other positional alteration is that I'd like to see Roughhead or Moore taking the second ruck minutes. Reid is awful in the ruck - we'd be better off doing the Richmond thing and using a midfielder.

I said this from day dot. Should be Roughead. An actual premiership (second) ruckman at our fingertips and we dont use him!!!

On another note boy i had a mini heart attack when Grundy limped off :eek:

You and me both. From where I sit at the G I have a reasonable view of the bench - or half of it - and I watched anxiously to see what was happening after he came off. Then he got back up and did a few short runs on the boundary, and was ready to return.

In the last quarter, JDG definitely came off hurt, and stayed on the bench. I think he was only sent back on near the end, in desperation. Now I'm waiting anxiously to see if he gets up this week.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back