Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Richmond (Spud Firrito tribute pre game so get there early)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hard to decide what to do with Atley. He should be dropped but at the same time his run through the middle from half back is super important and when he gets it right we score. Who takes that role? Mullet maybe if we change the structure.

I'd be inclined not to make any changes despite the rough win. Goldstein was smashed but he gets a crap game every now and again like the rest of the side.

There will probably be no change and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that.

Could easily go:

OUT: Goldstein and Atley

IN: Preuss and Mountford/Jacobs/Anderson

But I don't think that Scott would be prepared to drop either of those guys.

So hard to decide what to do with Atley. He should be dropped but at the same time his run through the middle from half back is super important and when he gets it right we score. Who takes that role? Mullet maybe if we change the structure.

This is a huge dilemma imo.

However, epitomises brads game plan.
If we go forward with skill we clean house and our scoring is above average.

If we turn it over ala atley/Macmillan et al we get burnt so hard.

Brad will keep the risk reward and ats will stay in.

He shouldn't though

Out: Hansen, Gibson, Atley, Mullet
In: Daw, JWilliams, Jacobs, Mountford

There is no point playing old blokes who make mistakes. None.

It's actually embarrassing.

Today was sobering, if nothing else. I thought we were a top 4 team at 1/4 time.

Did anyone else notice Marley noticeably limping right at the very end of the game?

Hopefully there's nothing in it as he is super important for us.

We won so I can't foresee Scotts making too many changes.

I like Jacobs in to take care of Cotchin if he's ready.
Daw usually plays alright against the Tigers, so he might be a show.
Goldy should be dropped for Preuss on todays effort but I don't think Brad will do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Goldy
In: Pruess

I don't mind a guy getting beaten, but I do mind it when that same guy is pissweak at the contest and doesn't try to assert himself in anyway.

He pretty much let Kruezer walk all over him without a yelp. If you want to set standards Brad then he needs to be dropped. Because his efforts lately are pretty poor for a senior player.

Out: Goldy
In: Pruess

I don't mind a guy getting beaten, but I do mind it when that same guy is pissweak at the contest and doesn't try to assert himself in anyway.

He pretty much let Kruezer walk all over him without a yelp. If you want to set standards Brad then he needs to be dropped. Because his efforts lately are pretty poor for a senior player.
Yep he's had 12 months of average to poor performance and regardless of the excuses, he needs to have a spell.

Not sure where he at to be honest as he's just going through the motions of being an AFL footballer and appears to lack the hunger and drive that made him the premier Ruckman in the competition.

Time to unleash the Preuss and bring some genuine enthusiasm and mongrel into our centre square set-up.

Sleeping on it, I think EVW may be on the outer this week. The Tigers have a quick, elusive small brigade and EVW's biggest weakness is his low top speed.

Also, think we definitely need some ruck assistance this week, I think it should bruise Goldy's ego. Two ruckman doesn't work, so Maj is the obvious, particularly because with Rance taking out one of our talls, we need some presence up there.

Thinking EVW, Clarke and perhaps Waite out.

Mountford, Daw and perhaps Anderson in.

Was thinking Jacobs but seriously getting slow in the middle if we do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back