David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

“We reserve the right always to be able to wear the iconic prison bar guernsey in heritage games of significance and we think Showdowns are (significant) for South Australian football.

“So it would only ever be worn in Adelaide and only ever be worn against the Crows.”

Yuk

“So it would only ever be worn in Adelaide and only ever be worn against the Crows.”

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

“We reserve the right always to be able to wear the iconic prison bar guernsey in heritage games of significance and we think Showdowns are (significant) for South Australian football.

Yuk

I'll back him in here.

He is playing the long game and playing it well IMO.

Let's get behind him.

ANZAC day next. Either in a couple of years when everyone is used to the showdown or even sooner of the groundswell of public opinion continues.

We already have media neutrals calling for every home game.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ANZAC day next.

Given our work to make ANZAC round a part of our regular home fixture, it also fits the 'heritage' angle.

I'd expect to see that come up sooner rather than later.

As much as we want it anytime anywhere, this is the right way to go. Ask for something so justified, that saying no would make you look like an assehole. Gather neutral support across the industry and build over time the wider support across the league. Isolate Eddie and his pathetic voice.

I've been critical of David Koch over the last few years, but this time, he's playing it as well as can be hoped for.

Given our work to make ANZAC round a part of our regular home fixture, it also fits the 'heritage' angle.

I'd expect to see that come up sooner rather than later.
It honours our former players who lost their lives in war. Pretty much all of them wore the bars on field before going to war. I think the club should emphasise this reason. The connection is profound
1914 guernsey
1591328147224.png

1930s guernsey
1591328201569.png

1960s guernsey
1591328264527.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as we want it anytime anywhere, this is the right way to go. Ask for something so justified, that saying no would make you look like an assehole. Gather neutral support across the industry and build over time the wider support across the league. Isolate Eddie and his pathetic voice.

I've been critical of David Koch over the last few years, but this time, he's playing it as well as can be hoped for.

Yeah but placing in writing that “We aren’t asking to wear it every week, or every home game, or against Collingwood. All we are asking is to wear it in Adelaide against our South Australian rivals." was unnecessary imo.

Yeah but placing in writing that “We aren’t asking to wear it every week, or every home game, or against Collingwood. All we are asking is to wear it in Adelaide against our South Australian rivals." was unnecessary imo.

Not really. It's what we are asking for right at this moment. What we ask for in 12 months or 2 years will be different.

Asking to wear it every home game or whenever we like would just create room for it to be challenged or knocked back completely.

It is frustrating, but we're playing the long game and doing it the smart way. Knocking us back now would be seen as a dick move, not just by us, but by the entire AFL industry whose eyes are on this now too.

We're involving opposition greats, past players, HoF'ers, Victorian media, the list goes on. All are singing from the same hymn book.

I'll back him in here.

He is playing the long game and playing it well IMO.

Let's get behind him.

ANZAC day next. Either in a couple of years when everyone is used to the showdown or even sooner of the groundswell of public opinion continues.

We already have media neutrals calling for every home game.

It's the language of the specific choice and order of the words 'only ever', take them away and I'm ok with it.

We've gotta be careful how we present this.

It's the language of the specific choice and order of the words 'only ever', take them away and I'm ok with it.

We've gotta be careful how we present this.

Yep, I agree - everything written is good just take out ‘only ever’.

but showdowns are twice a year and that would be fantastic.

If you want to take things literally, at this moment we are NOT asking to wear it every week, or every home game, or against Colingwood... etc etc.

Doesn't mean we won't ask for those things in the future.

If you want to take things literally, at this moment we are NOT asking to wear it every week, or every home game, or against Colingwood... etc etc.

Once we've proven the world didn't end and humans with brains can tell the two guernseys apart.

It would have to be the least trademark able jumper in the world.

No colors and vertical stripes.

Agreed, and I want to know when Collingwood is going to sue Newcastle United and Juventus for usurping the Collingwood guernsey design with out seeking the permission of the Collingwood Football Club. They might also sue the NFL for decking their referees out in the Collingwood design. Yep, that Collingwood design sure is an original.

Collingwood and their President...pfffffft.

I think Kochie is trying for a small victory here and I will back him in his efforts. If we gained AFL approval to wear the PB jumper in Showdowns it would be a small but important long term gain. The reality is we are never going to get AFL permission to wear the guernsey outside of Adelaide.

Last edited:
The reality is we are never going to get AFL permission to wear the guernsey outside of Adelaide.

that's what our clubs admins want us to think, by telling us what to think, see we have our own supporters not understanding that we want to wear the jumpers full time and nothing else will be satisfactory

OK so we had to make it into the AFL with some considerations, however, times do change.

Put it this way, if Collingwood didn't exist, what jumper would we be wearing?

end of story....

The reality is we are never going to get AFL permission to wear the guernsey outside of Adelaide.

We wore it in the 2007 Heritage round at Telstra Dome against the Bulldogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back