Davis Cup- Australia vs Great Britain

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers4daflag

Debutant
Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
In the lead up to one of the biggest Davis cup ties played in the last few years, who do you reckon Wally should bring into the side and how should he play them?

Tomic has to play if we are any chance.
Wally revealed on the daily serve show he will finalise the team in the next 24 hours and will be revealed on Tuesday to the public

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Tomic has to play if we are any chance.
Wally revealed on the daily serve show he will finalise the team in the next 24 hours and will be revealed on Tuesday to the public

We have to keep the doubs the same as last time and then maybe have Groth play the singles instead of Krygios because you don't know if he'll try his hardest

Thought it might have been announced by now

Good call...
Aus Davis Cup team for the match against GB in a week and a half:

Hewitt
Groth
Kokkinakis
Tomic

No Kyrgios

Should be Hewitt and Groth for the doubs. With Groth and Tomic for the singles

Hard indoor in Glasgow.

GB clear favourite with Murray in the team. Can't see him losing a singles, and then the reverse singles are no guarantee for us.
If Grothy plays the singles we have a chance of winning his singles against Ward and the same with Berny. My bet is that the tie will be decided by the winner of the doubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm was hoping Andy might get to play Lleyton in a singles match that would of been awesome. Glasgow is a great city to hold a tie. At least it will be shown on Ch 7 with crap commentators.

I'm was hoping Andy might get to play Lleyton in a singles match that would of been awesome. Glasgow is a great city to hold a tie. At least it will be shown on Ch 7 with crap commentators.
They still could play against each other if Lleyton plays the reverse singles again.

Coverage on 7two from 8pm.
W.A time/ 10pm eastern states

They still could play against each other if Lleyton plays the reverse singles again.

As #1 Murray will be scheduled to play the 4th tie against Bernie. The only way Lleyton ends up playing that tie is if we have already lost 0-3.

If it ends up 2-2 after 4 ties then it becomes a very interesting decision as to who plays Edmund in a live rubber between Hewitt, Groth and the Kokk.

I'd like to see

Day 1:
Tomic v Edmund (easy win for Bernie, fresh for Day 3)
Kokkinakis v Murray (aim is to push Murray, tire him for Day 3 to give Bernie a genuine shot)

Day 2:
Hewitt/Groth v Murray/Murray (Not expecting Inglot to play, hopefully win this in straight sets so Hewitt is an option for Day 3, or if we lose then at least tire Andy more with a long match)

Day 3:
Tomic v Murray (Hopefully Murray is buggered and Tomic gets him with fresh legs)
Hewitt or Kokk v Edmund (The tie on the line, the pressure, this suits Hewitt, if he hasn't recovered well enough then Kokk plays but Hewitt performs so well in this situation)

I don't know what sort of player Edmund is but I read the courts will potentially be quite slow for indoor hard. You'd think that suits Kokk the most if we head into a live 5th rubber. I'd only consider Lleyton if Edmund was a big lug servebot, the type of player Hewitt eats for breakfast.

I know we beat kazakhstan in the qtrs but how exactly did we make the semi finals? Did other countries rest players or something? Haven't been keeping tabs with it

I know we beat kazakhstan in the qtrs but how exactly did we make the semi finals? Did other countries rest players or something? Haven't been keeping tabs with it

We beat the Czechs (minus Berdych) in the first round. Most of the top players made themselves unavailable this year so here we are with Australia, GB, Belgium and Argentina in the semis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back