D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn gonna release a statement condemning violence of any form following Raiti's suspension for punching two blokes?
Punching blokes?? You obviously haven't seen the vision.
Lets wait until tonight before you throw aspersions at clubs.

We're waiting Longmire...
Just been told he was cleared of the first charge and found guilty of the second.
A player is missing a GF for a "strike" to the chest after being in a headlock.....absolutely insane!!
I guess what Elsternwick has tried to do has worked.
Might backfire I reckon.

Just been told he was cleared of the first charge and found guilty of the second.
A player is missing a GF for a "strike" to the chest after being in a headlock.....absolutely insane!!
I guess what Elsternwick has tried to do has worked.
Might backfire I reckon.
Interesting. Striking to the head is play on I guess. Interesting call from the vafa.

Interesting. Striking to the head is play on I guess. Interesting call from the vafa.
The interesting thing for me is that the only strike you can actually see in the footage Elsternwick supplied is Oman dropping his knee into Raiti's head after he was slung to the ground by Jones. Really odd

The interesting thing for me is that the only strike you can actually see in the footage Elsternwick supplied is Oman dropping his knee into Raiti's head after he was slung to the ground by Jones. Really odd
Lets see if he'll post the vision....

Well done to Elsternwick today. Far too good.
Citz just didn't show up today.
Would you believe me if I told you a Hawthorn reserves player was coward punched in the car park by a person who was there to support Elsternwick??? Words to effect of "this is for last week."
This has to stop.

Would you believe me if I told you a Hawthorn reserves player was coward punched in the car park by a person who was there to support Elsternwick??? Words to effect of "this is for last week."
This has to stop.
Disgraceful all round.

This has to stop.
Surely not!? If that’s for real then there will be some serious repercussions you would think.

I actually went down to watch a mates son playing for Richmond in the Ressies and have to say, the behaviour from Elsternwick supporters was pretty bad. It actually made me not want to be there. I’d planned on watching some of the seniors but left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has to stop
Firstly, congratulations to Elsternwick, was really impressed by them today. Their small players had too much run for the Hawks. The Hawks were a different team to that of the 2nd semi - no run, no pressure, no system. Grand Finals can do funny things to sides.
I am in shock but really not surprised unfortunately.
I was standing in the stand with my two boys and there was a group of fellas on the fence in between the coaches boxes itching for trouble. Having a crack at every Hawthorn player coming on and off the ground. Yelling out to #31 to "drop him", "just headbutt him", "just knock him out, its your last game so don't worry." Crazy stuff.
I am torn here as while they were there to clearly to support #31 and #64 from Elsternwick, they cannot be considered Elsternwick people.
But, when does a club's responsibility start and stop?? I didn't see one person from Elsternwick go over and say anything to them - they were 5m away from the Elsternwick bench. The VAFA had to put their big burley security guard on the interchange gates and would usher the Hawks players over to their coaches box.
I do have an issue with the way Elsternwick have handled this whole episode. i know for a fact that the VAFA are furious with them.
Hawthorn were contacted by 27 clubs offering their support after the incident in the 2nd semi. They were contacted by Elsternwick only once after the VAFA strongly advised them to.
Then to put the "frivolous" (this is how the VAFA rep described them to me) investigations just showed a lack of class. I'm not sure if they were trying to victim blame or just trying to get the one of the best players out of the game, I don't know what the motivation was. I was also told that there were 3 sustainable reportable incidents from Elsternwick players on Raiti from the vision Elsternwick supplied but under current processes the VAFA couldn't act. Expect this to change next year. I was told the VAFA will follow the other leagues where you put vision in and its open season - any reportable offence in the vision provided will be referred to the tribunal.
Now, as a parent with young kids, who usually accompany me to the games, why would I want to go to a VAFA game where I'm questioning whether it is safe.
Its a situation that I thought I would never see in the VAFA.
But, you bring players with questionable reputations into your club and is this what comes along with it? Don't get me wrong, #64 can seriously play - he was BOG in my book. But, at what cost? Does a premiership make it all worth it?

This has to stop.
Please.
Are we going to ignore all facts here and just jump on the Wicks bad bandwagon?
Should I bring up that person's conduct during the game and post-game?

Spitting on female supporters of Elsternwick from the balcony, throwing cans at Elsternwick reserves players and supporters from the balcony. Repeatedly calling Elsternwick players and supporters campaigners and yelling out that one spectator was a ******?

Both teams and supporters were in their rooms celebrating/commiserating and this individual went into the carpark to confront a group of supporters who were leaving 45 minutes after the game had ended.

Head in the sand for your local dog-walking park club Longmire.
I can continue and mention the behaviour of Harvey #4. He headbutted #11 in the pocket in the second quarter. Chicken wing of the wicks ruckman while he was on the ground into a snipe of #1 when he had his head over the ball in the third quarter that lead to a red card.
Are we forgetting that your club racially abused an Elsternwick player or that your club's favourite son was suspended for a couple of punches?
Get over yourself.

Firstly, congratulations to Elsternwick, was really impressed by them today. Their small players had too much run for the Hawks. The Hawks were a different team to that of the 2nd semi - no run, no pressure, no system. Grand Finals can do funny things to sides.
I was standing in the stand with my two boys and there was a group of fellas on the fence in between the coaches boxes itching for trouble. Having a crack at every Hawthorn player coming on and off the ground. Yelling out to #31 to "drop him", "just headbutt him", "just knock him out, its your last game so don't worry." Crazy stuff.
I am torn here as while they were there to clearly to support #31 and #64 from Elsternwick, they cannot be considered Elsternwick people.
But, when does a club's responsibility start and stop?? I didn't see one person from Elsternwick go over and say anything to them - they were 5m away from the Elsternwick bench. The VAFA had to put their big burley security guard on the interchange gates and would usher the Hawks players over to their coaches box.
I do have an issue with the way Elsternwick have handled this whole episode. i know for a fact that the VAFA are furious with them.
Hawthorn were contacted by 27 clubs offering their support after the incident in the 2nd semi. They were contacted by Elsternwick only once after the VAFA strongly advised them to.
Then to put the "frivolous" (this is how the VAFA rep described them to me) investigations just showed a lack of class. I'm not sure if they were trying to victim blame or just trying to get the one of the best players out of the game, I don't know what the motivation was. I was also told that there were 3 sustainable reportable incidents from Elsternwick players on Raiti from the vision Elsternwick supplied but under current processes the VAFA couldn't act. Expect this to change next year. I was told the VAFA will follow the other leagues where you put vision in and its open season - any reportable offence in the vision provided will be referred to the tribunal.
Now, as a parent with young kids, who usually accompany me to the games, why would I want to go to a VAFA game where I'm questioning whether it is safe.
But, you bring players with questionable reputations into your club and is this what comes along with it? Don't get me wrong, #64 can seriously play - he was BOG in my book. But, at what cost? Does a premiership make it all worth it?

64 like all the other st kilda city boys left for money. I am sure the wicks believed he was worth every dollar that they put in the brown paper bag…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It is heartbreaking to hear that there was violence at yesterdays game truly heartbreaking.

It was also heartbreaking to witness the abuse copped by elsternwick supporters by a large group of clearly drunk hawthorn fans perched on the terrace behind the goals. It was genuinely something I have never seen before at a vafa game. If VAFA are reviewing their rules maybe they should reconsider allowing alcohol at games.

The aforementioned players crossed from St Kilda City mid-season when the money ran out. Fair chance the supporters referenced have linked to that club also. Probably gives a sense as to why that club is now on its knees with talk of it dropping two grades just to survive.

A few players from my club not at the standard required for higher grades have made their way to the Wicks over the years. Generally good blokes who speak highly of the club as a whole. But it only takes a few (and what and who they bring) to tarnish an entire clubs reputation.

For a neutral without an affiliation to either it seems like both clubs have not particularly covered themselves in glory and have room for improvement.

It is heartbreaking to hear that there was violence at yesterdays game truly heartbreaking.

It was also heartbreaking to witness the abuse copped by elsternwick supporters by a large group of clearly drunk hawthorn fans perched on the terrace behind the goals. It was genuinely something I have never seen before at a vafa game. If VAFA are reviewing their rules maybe they should reconsider allowing alcohol at games.
A point well made mate. I did hear there was trouble coming from that area.
Perched on a balcony with a skin full can make the smallest man walk taller.
Hawthorn must take responsibility for this and one would hope they reach out to Elsternwick to offer their apologies.
Spitting on a female - wow!!! I can't imagine a person like that lasting long at any club with that behaviour - time will tell.
I was a big supporter of opening up with bars, but like you Mr Sagdiyev, I am not so sure now.
It was great to see the Hawthorn coach hugging and chatting to numerous Elsternwick players after the game - maybe there are good and bad people at both clubs.

A point well made mate. I did hear there was trouble coming from that area.
Perched on a balcony with a skin full can make the smallest man walk taller.
Hawthorn must take responsibility for this and one would hope they reach out to Elsternwick to offer their apologies.
Spitting on a female - wow!!! I can't imagine a person like that lasting long at any club with that behaviour - time will tell.
I was a big supporter of opening up with bars, but like you Mr Sagdiyev, I am not so sure now.
It was great to see the Hawthorn coach hugging and chatting to numerous Elsternwick players after the game - maybe there are good and bad people at both clubs.
A really good point and something I hope is not lost in all of this. I personally went up to a number of Hawthorn fans after the game who all genuinely offered their congratulations and were kind spirited despite the loss.

And from all reports the game was played in good spirits with respect shared between the two sets of players.

As said by both captains after the game, I hope both clubs go on to bigger and better things in D2 next year.

Please.
Are we going to ignore all facts here and just jump on the Wicks bad bandwagon?
Should I bring up that person's conduct during the game and post-game?

Spitting on female supporters of Elsternwick from the balcony, throwing cans at Elsternwick reserves players and supporters from the balcony. Repeatedly calling Elsternwick players and supporters campaigners and yelling out that one spectator was a ******?

Both teams and supporters were in their rooms celebrating/commiserating and this individual went into the carpark to confront a group of supporters who were leaving 45 minutes after the game had ended.

Head in the sand for your local dog-walking park club Longmire.
I can continue and mention the behaviour of Harvey #4. He headbutted #11 in the pocket in the second quarter. Chicken wing of the wicks ruckman while he was on the ground into a snipe of #1 when he had his head over the ball in the third quarter that lead to a red card.
Are we forgetting that your club racially abused an Elsternwick player or that your club's favourite son was suspended for a couple of punches?
Get over yourself.
Canvass,
I was standing at that end of the ground and was unaware of any real nastiness going on. Usual verbal garbage from both set of supporters, giving it to the opposition.
You are correct regarding that individuals behaviour. It is unacceptable and will be dealt with by the club. Safe to say you might not see him around next year.

Having said that, again you know nothing of the incident outside the ground. It happened during the presentation of medals to the Elsternwick players. If it as you say it happened, why did the assailant run?? After all, as you say, this victim confronted a group of people, surely they are allowed to defend themselves?? Why the need to take off like you've just robbed a bank?? What about the rest of the group, did they vanish into thin air?? Surely, they would have stuck around for the police to let them know that he was the aggressor and got his right whack??

Now, serious question here - why do you continually bring up on field incidents in an attempt to justify off field violence?? is it on purpose?? Look everyone, that guy deserved to get hit in the car park because no. 4 got reported?? Sound pretty dumb and it seems you are ok with someone getting fixed up off the ground for something they did on it.

Anyway, well done to your mates at Elsternwick Canvass. Clearly the better team on the day. Good luck next year.

Ps: Raiti did not play.

Well done to the wicks on taking out the flag, I thought the Hawks were the better team and felt they should have been marginally in front at the half.

Credit where credit is due, the wicks run away with it in the second half and played far superior football. The Hawks had no answers and the final scores reflected that.

It's a shame that once again we are talking about the off-field and not the on-field. Both clubs may need to review the company they keep as it is obvious that a small minority on both sides are spoiling it for all.

Hopefully both sides enjoy the same level of success as Parkside and SMD after they were promoted last season.

How little has the comp given the grand final winners any attention the past week, we hear more about premier reserves than us division teams.

How little has the comp given the grand final winners any attention the past week, we hear more about premier reserves than us division teams.
Hearing more about Premier U19s finals...
It's a big thing for a club to win Reserves & Seniors and I've seen only the generic post and article written by someone looking at the stats for Parkside and Elsternwick.
Big thing for Parkside as well to go from D3 runners up to D2 Double Premiers. Might change their name to Parkside Old Grammarians to get some press.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back