D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

St Johns playing Lyndhurst this weekend, any other praccy games happening?

Based on what has been posted on social media

- NB have a praccy game, not sure who against.
- Swinburne have a praccy game against South Yarra

• BHN played Laverton last week, no idea on results
  • Latrobe Played UHSVU last week, no idea on results

Based on what has been posted on social media

- NB have a praccy game, not sure who against.
- Swinburne have a praccy game against South Yarra

• BHN played Laverton last week, no idea on results
  • Latrobe Played UHSVU last week, no idea on results

Dandenong (SFNL, Div 4) played and defeated Swinburne last weekend. No further details as I saw it posted on that forum earlier this week.

Masala lost to croydon north 184 to 0

Seriously? Not sure why they'd book a practice match in against a far stronger club/w 2 sides in a stronger league. Would've have been better off with a div 4 southern team or a thirds southern league team.

Seriously? Not sure why they'd book a practice match in against a far stronger club/w 2 sides in a stronger league. Would've have been better off with a div 4 southern team or a thirds southern league team.

Croydon North are not a far stronger team - they are the worst team in the EFNL (bottom of the ladder in the fifth tier) and have won a total of seven matches in their last three seasons.

Croydon North are not a far stronger team - they are the worst team in the EFNL (bottom of the ladder in the fifth tier) and have won a total of seven matches in their last three seasons.
Masala came 2nd last in the 7th div of the VAFA last year. Have since lost a stack of players and I understand have dropped out of the divisions and now field a team in Thirds only, and probably in the lowest grade thereof. While North Croydon are no powerhouse, they are substantially stronger than Masala. I’m not sure that failing to score and receiving a 30-goal thrashing against another recognised battler would do much for a club already on its knees.

true mate but EFNL is far stronger league until the higher divisons in comparison with the VAFA. I have seen they've recruited (same with nunawading) but always struggle to get wins much like Nuna too. No juniors or school feeder hurts, everyone needs to be paid like a 2 point player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obvs don’t know s**t about local footy, playing div 4 efnl is like playing upper table of sfnl div 3.

Masala came 2nd last in the 7th div of the VAFA last year. Have since lost a stack of players and I understand have dropped out of the divisions and now field a team in Thirds only, and probably in the lowest grade thereof. While North Croydon are no powerhouse, they are substantially stronger than Masala. I’m not sure that failing to score and receiving a 30-goal thrashing against another recognised battler would do much for a club already on its knees.

Not sure the pile on is necessary. Good on Masala for keeping the doors open and their players having a crack this season. Whether they field 1 team or 2 teams this season then that's something and always beats sitting in front of the TV or computer.

Not sure the pile on is necessary. Good on Masala for keeping the doors open and their players having a crack this season. Whether they field 1 team or 2 teams this season then that's something and always beats sitting in front of the TV or computer.
Was not intended as a pile on. I think the inference from most here is that for reasons of club morale and perhaps player attraction a more appropriate opponent would have been a better option. The great thing about local footy is you can always find your level. The lowest grade of VAFA Clubbies does not equal 4th division EFL. Either way I hope they go well this year, whatever grade they play in.

Was not intended as a pile on. I think the inference from most here is that for reasons of club morale and perhaps player attraction a more appropriate opponent would have been a better option. The great thing about local footy is you can always find your level. The lowest grade of VAFA Clubbies does not equal 4th division EFL. Either way I hope they go well this year, whatever grade they play in.

Amen to that. Apart from Nuna/Croydon North I reckon all div 4 EFNL would beat any div 3/4 VAFA team. Proof is in the cash they can offer. Good luck to Masala, reload for next year, if Chadstone can recover from what they copped then Masala can too.

When we came into the vafa from efnl we were stone cold motherless in 2013 and made the d4 prelim in 2014 - just as a guide here

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back