Geelong v Sydney, MCG, Fri, Sept 23rd, 7.50pm - Preliminary Final 2016

Who will win? Geelong or Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like how Ben McGlynn has come back from the proverbial dead over the past month, and possibly played himself into another premiership side and another contract for next year.

Rounds 1-22 - 13 games, 12.85 disposals per game, 1.08 goals per game, 0.69 goal assists per game, 3.38 inside 50s per game, 4.23 tackles per game, Champion Data Player Ranking Score Average of 46.31.

Round 23-PF - 17.25 disposals per game, 2.5 goals per game, 1 goal assist per game, 4.25 inside 50s per game, 4.75 tackles per game, Champion Data Player Ranking Score Average of 93.

must have missed that premiership.. but wish him well next week anyway

Geelong aren't a champion side, if they didn't have dangerfield they would have been lucky to make the 8.

But they do have Dangerfield and he is a champion alongside Selwood and they seemed to kill us in the middle even though we had some good ball winners in there. Our defence absolutely did their job tonight after the first quarter. Geelong recruited well and were one game off a Grand Final if your opinion is that they are a one man side then that is some man to carry those hacks to a prelim. They have been and still remain a champion side just the same as Hawthorn. My wife is a Richmond suppoter so I get behind them as much as I can but they need to have a look at Geelong and replicate the hell out of that club.

Why are swans supporters going out of their way to suck up to cats fans with these fake misdirected compliments ?
So you can pat yourself on the back for being a 'good supporter'.
Are you really that insecure you seek the approval of the cats fan?
Please like me.

Can't say I've ever had a bad experience at a Cats game. The supporters go alright!
Just very passionate. Well done Cats. Similar to us, in that you don't accept being crap for a few years in order to get gun players.

Can't say I've ever had a bad experience at a Cats game. The supporters go alright!
Just very passionate. Well done Cats. Similar to us, in that you don't accept being crap for a few years in order to get gun players.
How many Cats games have you been to?
Also let's see how the Cats are going in a few years time before you start throwing this unmitigated praise at them.
It also isnt just a matter of what you 'accept'. I mean Heeney and Mills were gifted to you by the AFL.
I support the Academy system and am happy for you guys to get them - no drama there - but dont kid yourself about the reality of the situation. Just be thankful rather than believe the bullshit PR spin about 'culture.' The leg up is a commercial decision and that is life. But spare us the sanctimonious myth making.

Also let's see how the Cats are going in a few years time before you start throwing this unmitigated praise at them.
It also isnt just a matter of what you 'accept'. I mean Heeney and Mills were gifted to you by the AFL.
I support the Academy system and am happy for you guys to get them - no drama there - but dont kid yourself about the reality of the situation. Just be thankful rather than believe the bullshit PR spin about 'culture.' The leg up is a commercial decision and that is life. But spare us the sanctimonious myth making.

its ok justin.

Bad luck tonight Cats. Just didn't have the firepower up forward where our defence just stood up and kept taking the punches. Swans were clean and on fire early and couldn't miss whereas Geelong missed their chances to keep in touch. All respect to the Cats effort as they kept trying but not good enough tonight. Plenty of sore Swans players after the game so hope GWS and doggies smash each other. Go bloods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Papley kid goes alright. ..

Really sorry it so offends you that some Sydney fans like the Cats.

You don't just have resentment, you have layers of resentment.

It wont last. It is a little creepy. I feel like I walked in on a private 'retreat' between catholic and protestant priests all praising one another. You just know it aint right and s**t is getting weird.
Why so? A lot of us also have a Mutual Respect Partnership Agreement with West Coast.

291633_2528166a7cab4aa0fd95c04b20a40a05.jpg

Fartwik alert!

Back