Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely don't think Duncan is worth little, but if the opportunity became available to get the #1 pick while the team is still contending, you'd have to look at it.

My point is more about .. people go thru our list and say trade Thurlow , trade out Smith .... well the only guys who will reap the type of picks we need is the ones you will not want to trade. Trade him for #1 pick.. its a tad unrealistic. Carlton would want more than Duncan and 10

My point is more about .. people go thru our list and say trade Thurlow , trade out Smith .... well the only guys who will reap the type of picks we need is the ones you will not want to trade. Trade him for #1 pick.. its a tad unrealistic. Carlton would want more than Duncan and 10
There's no way I'd consider giving up anymore than that.

Kelly's the other one; great prospect but if he helped us land a top 3 pick I'd do that tomorrow.

Absolutely bizzare people are so willingly happy for Menzel to leave, we have Hawkins who will be 31 next season, then what? All our smalls are constantly injured, Ablett will be 35, Danger can rest forward but has shown his goal kicking power has dropped this season, will be 29, Selwood 31, hardly a goal kicker, Harry Taylor may not play on, who do we have? Big sav looks promising, but Menzel looked terrific when sav was in the side, got off the leash.

Menzel is a star, a match winner, kicks goals from anywhere, we already lack goal scoring power and it’ll be a lot worse next year if he moves on.

Absolutely bizzare people are so willingly happy for Menzel to leave, we have Hawkins who will be 31 next season, then what? All our smalls are constantly injured, Ablett will be 35, Danger can rest forward but has shown his goal kicking power has dropped this season, will be 29, Selwood 31, hardly a goal kicker, Harry Taylor may not play on, who do we have? Big sav looks promising, but Menzel looked terrific when sav was in the side, got off the leash.

Menzel is a star, a match winner, kicks goals from anywhere, we already lack goal scoring power and it’ll be a lot worse next year if he moves on.

Pretty similar to when Lids left Richmond injury prone super talented player with something left in the tank. If a deal presented itself that was beneficial I would take it. Geelong and menzel do not owe each other anything more we stuck with him through 4 knees and he has been good this season when available.

Only thing on our list the deals a number 1 pick is dangerfield for mine and that's off the table mitch Duncan gets you in the first round pick 10-15

There’s a legitimate argument to make that with his lack of defensive pressure, his inability to turn & that he can only really play as an undersized full forward that he costs us more than his goals are worth. I think he’d be an outstanding player with the right 4-5 around him but outside of Hawkins our forward line is disgusting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So P50..? what sort of pick would trade him out for

It’s kind of a silly question considering all the permutations, draft order not locked in, free agents ect, but late 20s early 30s. You could maybe package that and 10 for Adelaide’s 15 & 19, or use the pick/Kolo himself in trade.

This might be a dumb post... But from memory, the best Small Forwards that I can think of are the ones that can also mark over head.

I'm not sure Jones, Fogarty, Gregson, Simpson, Parfitt, Narkle, Parsons, or even Miers - are any good at overhead marking.

I will forgive Fogarty, Parfitt and Narkle, I can see them becoming midfielders.

I'm also going to forgive Miers, as he has that little bit of grit and knows where the goals are.

Unfortunately, I don't see much of a future for Gregson or Simpson.

I'm prepared to give Jones a bit more time. Parsons needs a new position, I'm not sure where, I always thought he'd turn into a HBF.

Do we just look at this list, Essendon needs a Ruck, and they have an abundance of the Highest Ranked Small Fwds - trade Z Smith for Tipungwuti?

Or do we try trade for Jack Martin (he doesn't have a high profile anymore, seems a bit under-rated)?

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/overall-standings#position/medium_forward

When did Simpson become a small forward? I'm pretty sure he plays exclusively in the midfield at VFL level.

Of course we tried to give him a game as a small forward in the AFL team. Didn't work, but it's the thing we always do.

My take on this is offer Menzel 2 years, at 200k with incentives
if he wants more he goes, if he stays and plays all good
but there are MORONS in this thread suggesting he would free up significant cash
Taylor retiring would move circa 750k

No he played much better at the start of the year when his body was fresh.

He has done the same thing two years running now.

I'm not sure why people can't see it.

Body not up to a full season. The end.
and its the reason for starting him later
why waste him early

afl is so stupid, every player does not need to play every game

if we spent two minutes looking at soccer, we could learn a thing

Seems stupid to let Menzel walk for a relatively small contract. Can be a genuine match winner who kicks goals, currently I would say the only other players on our list that can do that are hawk and danger. offer him a 2 year deal on $200-300k and he stays.

I'd also be happy to sign him with the intention of only playing him for 15 games a year so he is firing at the end of year, where his form has tailed off the last 2 years.

People talk about the risk with his body, which is fair enough, but at the price he costs it's not really a risk. Particularly when you consider the potential benefit.

Agree. The “groin” injury was not related to his knee recos as far as I know. But for the groin issue he was set to kick 40+ goals this year. Apart from Hawkins and perhaps Danger we don’t have anyone else who looks capable of doing that.

A bit off subject not many teams will have two guys kick 40 this year maybe only 3 or four

Riewoldt / caddy
Gunston / bruest
McDonald / Hogan

By far the most amazing spread is Collingwood have to tip my cap to bucks literally just pulled goals from nowhere

Hoskins elliot (39)
Degoey ( 34 ) 15 games !
J.Thomas (33)
Stephenson (30)
Mihocek (18)
Cox (18)

If you told me pre season that group kicks 172 snags I would still be laughing with 2 rounds to go

When did Simpson become a small forward? I'm pretty sure he plays exclusively in the midfield at VFL level.

Of course we tried to give him a game as a small forward in the AFL team. Didn't work, but it's the thing we always do.
Looks very under-sized to me for starters but not sure he'll ever develop a solid frame.

Whilst he isn't slow, he doesn't have that explosive pace for his size.

I just don't see any standout attribute in him (yet).

He seems to use the ball okay (efficiency wise), but his kick doesn't look like it penetrates much either, nor does he have overhead marking strength.

I'd say - Fogs, Narkle, Parfitt, Constable are way ahead of him as Mids... Let alone other mids like Kelly (slightly older).

Sometimes its about internal rankings relative to position and age, when looking for list spots.

Just my two cents.

A bit off subject not many teams will have two guys kick 40 this year maybe only 3 or four

Riewoldt / caddy
Gunston / bruest
McDonald / Hogan

By far the most amazing spread is Collingwood have to tip my cap to bucks literally just pulled goals from nowhere

Hoskins elliot (39)
Degoey ( 34 ) 15 games !
J.Thomas (33)
Stephenson (30)
Mihocek (18)
Cox (18)

If you told me pre season that group kicks 172 snags I would still be laughing with 2 rounds to go
Stephenson one of the best 1st year goal sneaks I've seen in a while.

I'm mean, they barely have any decent Key Forward on their list. Moore, who was their shining hope, could even be trade bait.

Very impressive.

I think the Pies List is very good, and it will be miles ahead of ours once Danger, GAJ, Selwood, Taylor, Hawkins come to an end...

I'd happily lose Dan in a superdraft year. I'd also take Pick 16 off West Coast. We'd also get overs for GHS to Gold Coast plus Thurlow while has some value.

This is the year to load up. Not top up.

You can't give him a multi year deal with his injury history though that would be list management madness IMO. If he wants that let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back