Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Hall is lazy but he is a decent player and we lack wingers. Given GHS can go FA and we get nothing if we get offered Hall for him its good value. I would expect GC would want more for Hall.

Calling complete bullshit on the GHS-Hall Trade Rumour... GHS is a free agent...
And his contract would be so minimal that he’s not going to have any influence over the Lynch compensation. And even if GC paid him a significant fee that it did influence the compensation. AFL aren’t going to shaft their baby on shuffling their compensation down the draft.
We might get Hall and GC and might get GHS. But it’s not happening because of a direct swap between these 2.

Calling complete bullshit on the GHS-Hall Trade Rumour... GHS is a free agent...
And his contract would be so minimal that he’s not going to have any influence over the Lynch compensation. And even if GC paid him a significant fee that it did influence the compensation. AFL aren’t going to shaft their baby on shuffling their compensation down the draft.
We might get Hall and GC and might get GHS. But it’s not happening because of a direct swap between these 2.
Dont shoot the messenger mate, just passing on what ive been told.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The news seems to be getting more speculative and outlandish:

Dahlhaus - ok I'm with you
Rohan - little iffy
Steven - iffyer
Martin - tenuous
Hall - ok now you're taking the piss

Draft pick over Hall and Martin no matter how late.

OK, so let's go threw the list of which players we have been reported to be interested in ( and I mean TV, Newspaper have had us linked to)

Luke Dahlhaus
Gary Rohan
Stephan Martin
Jack Stevens ( but supposedly it's been knocked on the head )

Player from our club that have been mentioned to other clubs are

George Horlin Smith - Gold Coast
Lincon McCarthy - Brisbane
Daniel Menzel - St Kilda
Ryan Abbott - exploring what else clubs have.

Does that look about right?

Last edited:
Biggy:
The trend is that you recruit and develop a core group of young players through the draft and then use trading/FA to address needs as the premiership window opens:
Yeah exactly this man.

I get what Lewy was saying and they were great posts but your FA's etc are to plug gaps once you've built your core and they're in their sweet spot.
Not the other way round.

OK, so let's go threw the list of which players we have been reported to be interested in ( and I mean TV, Newspaper have had us linked to)

Luke Dahlhaus
Gary Rohan
Stephan Martin
Jack Stevens ( but supposedly it's been knocked on the head )

Player from our club that have been mentioned to other clubs are

George Horlin Smith - Gold Coast
Lincon McCarthy - Brisbane

Does that look about right?
Also Menzel to St Kilda and Abbott looking elsewhere

Is Murdoch out of contract? Id say we'll be trying to offload him somewhere if he is.
Also is Steven still any good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Murdoch out of contract? Id say we'll be trying to offload him somewhere if he is.
Also is Steven still any good?
Murdoch, GHS and LMac out of contract. GHS free agent.

I'm happy to let all 3 go for nothing but if we got Rohan and S Martin in return then I guess that'd be..ok?

Jack Steven is good, but he's 29 and St Kilda would want more than we'd be willing to pay I reckon.

Murdoch, GHS and LMac out of contract. GHS free agent.

I'm happy to let all 3 go for nothing but if we got Rohan and S Martin in return then I guess that'd be..ok?

Jack Steven is good, but he's 29 and St Kilda would want more than we'd be willing to pay I reckon.
Cool cheers. Yeah Id be happy for all 3 just to get off the list. Anything in return is just a bonus.

And Duncan to Freo, having a medical apparently lololololololol
Doesn't Petroro manage Duncan?

“I read an article during the week that said there was 32 or 33 players talked about and I looked at that and went 20 to 25 get done, and then I looked at it and went, well, there’s probably another four or five that I know of that aren’t in this article that are probably a good chance to see things happen as well,” Petroro told SEN’s Crunch Time.

“So I assume a lot more than 20 (players will move). Is it 30, is it 40, it’s hard to tell.

“You talk about the Kangaroos being into Andrew Gaff, they’ve got the money for Gaff, and then they miss out on Gaff, Gaff stays – for argument’s sake – and they still have the money.

“Do they jump into Dylan Shiel, do they look at another player, things can change course pretty quickly.

“Most clubs are pretty calculated, but I still firmly believe there’s one or two more to come.

“Like, there’s another big fish to fall.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/15/trade-period-looming-as-biggest-ever-says-petroro/

Hall was linked to geelong in the middle part of the season so it’s not new and probably has some truth. He’s a very inconsistent player. It’s sounded like the Suns may delist him. So any trade would be for minimal pick/player.
I wouldn’t be going after him but GHS plays vfl so a trade for him would be ok. With the amount of players being mentioned it’s hard to say who would or wouldn’t work. As it depends on other ins and outs and what the cost is.
But I’d rather go for players that give their all like Dahlhaus than softball flakey players like Hall or Rohan. And any talent we can get under 22 should be priority.

Hall is lazy but he is a decent player and we lack wingers. Given GHS can go FA and we get nothing if we get offered Hall for him its good value. I would expect GC would want more for Hall.
Someone has to convince GHS to actually go to the Gold Coast, that might take some doing? I thought the Blues were into him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back