Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I stumbled across this yesterday and I don’t think it has been posted anywhere. It’s a phantom draft based off champion data point. Make of it what you will. A couple of interesting changes from the normal phantom drafts I’ve read so far.

It's not a Phantom Draft, it's just a player ranking based on Champion Data. The title of the article shouldn't be "AFL mock draft 2019" because it's not. Here's the full list for everyone:

1. MATTHEW ROWELL

2. THOMAS GREEN

3. NOAH ANDERSON

4. LUKE JACKSON

5. HAYDEN YOUNG

6. CALEB SERONG

7. SAM FLANDERS

8. LACHLAN ASH

9. DEVEN ROBERTSON

10. WILL GOULD

11. LIAM HENRY

12. DYLAN STEPHENS

13. FISCHER MCASEY

14. JACK MAHONY

15. FINN MAGINNESS

16. COOPER STEPHENS

17. HARRY SCHOENBERG

18. SAM PHILP

19. TRENT RIVERS

20. CONNOR BUDARICK

21. BRODIE KEMP

22. JOSHUA WORRELL

23. JACKSON MEAD

24. RYAN BYRNES

25. JEREMY SHARP

26. TRENT BIANCO

27. JAY RANTALL

28. CAMERON TAHENY

29. WILL DAY

30. CODY WEIGHTMAN

It is looking like the first round is split into two distinct groups. As below, I expect all players listed in Group 1 to be taken before our pick 14 unless some bolter comes from nowhere. Group 2 are the players that will be available from pick 14 onwards. It now becomes a question of do we prefer to trade up and pick one player from Group 1 and another from Group 2, or do we leave it as it is and take three players from Group 2? I personally prefer the latter.

Group 1
Matthew Rowell
Thomas Green
Noah Anderson
Luke Jackson
Hayden Young
Caleb Serong
Sam Flanders
Lachlan Ash
Deven Robertson
Dylan Stephens
Fischer Mcasey

Group 2
Brodie Kemp
Cody Weightman
Joshua Worrell
Trent Rivers
Will Gould
Harry Schoenberg
Jeremy Sharp
Jay Rantall
Cameron Taheny
Trent Bianco
Will Day
Cooper Stephens
Jack Mahony
Sam Philp
Ryan Byrnes

It is looking like the first round is split into two distinct groups. As below, I expect all players listed in Group 1 to be taken before our pick 14 unless some bolter comes from nowhere. Group 2 are the players that will be available from pick 14 onwards. It now becomes a question of do we prefer to trade up and pick one player from Group 1 and another from Group 2, or do we leave it as it is and take three players from Group 2? I personally prefer the latter.

Group 1
Matthew Rowell
Thomas Green
Noah Anderson
Luke Jackson
Hayden Young
Caleb Serong
Sam Flanders
Lachlan Ash
Deven Robertson
Dylan Stephens
Fischer Mcasey

Group 2
Brodie Kemp
Cody Weightman
Joshua Worrell
Trent Rivers
Will Gould
Harry Schoenberg
Jeremy Sharp
Jay Rantall
Cameron Taheny
Trent Bianco
Will Day
Cooper Stephens
Jack Mahony
Sam Philp
Ryan Byrnes

I would be happy to have 3 players in the 2nd group.

It's not a Phantom Draft, it's just a player ranking based on Champion Data. The title of the article shouldn't be "AFL mock draft 2019" because it's not. Here's the full list for everyone:

1. MATTHEW ROWELL

2. THOMAS GREEN

3. NOAH ANDERSON

4. LUKE JACKSON

5. HAYDEN YOUNG

6. CALEB SERONG

7. SAM FLANDERS

8. LACHLAN ASH

9. DEVEN ROBERTSON

10. WILL GOULD

11. LIAM HENRY

12. DYLAN STEPHENS

13. FISCHER MCASEY

14. JACK MAHONY

15. FINN MAGINNESS

16. COOPER STEPHENS

17. HARRY SCHOENBERG

18. SAM PHILP

19. TRENT RIVERS

20. CONNOR BUDARICK

21. BRODIE KEMP

22. JOSHUA WORRELL

23. JACKSON MEAD

24. RYAN BYRNES

25. JEREMY SHARP

26. TRENT BIANCO

27. JAY RANTALL

28. CAMERON TAHENY

29. WILL DAY

30. CODY WEIGHTMAN

so is this kid Tim Kellys replacement ...? I think he may slip thru because <180

6. CALEB SERONG (GIPPSLAND POWER)
H: 178cm, W: 83kg

CHAMPION DATA SAYS: Serong was the second-highest rated player at the under-18 championships behind only Matthew Rowell. He won the fifth-most disposals and applied the third-most pressure of any player for the carnival. Despite his size he was one of the best stoppage players in the NAB League, ranking fourth for clearances and fifth for contested possessions.

CHRIS SAYS: Co-captained Vic Country as part of an ultra-consistent season and has been picking Cameron Ling’s brain all year. But appears to have been a slight slider from a top-five prospect earlier in the season. Has been linked to Carlton at pick 9.

Plays like: Tim Kelly

I stumbled across this yesterday and I don’t think it has been posted anywhere. It’s a phantom draft based off champion data point. Make of it what you will. A couple of interesting changes from the normal phantom drafts I’ve read so far.

Will Gould plays like Tom Stewart huge frame makes him formidable at senior level and plenty of natural ability.
Elite results among men at 18 yrs of age with years of improvement ahead.
We've lost 2 big defenders and Gould’s selection would release Jordan Clark to a midfield position.
He can and has played midfield and with his versitility and kicking a power forward a la Jack Darling is a possibility.
A big talent ready to play at P14 a solid choice with less risk.

so is this kid Tim Kellys replacement ...? I think he may slip thru because <180

6. CALEB SERONG (GIPPSLAND POWER)
H: 178cm, W: 83kg

CHAMPION DATA SAYS: Serong was the second-highest rated player at the under-18 championships behind only Matthew Rowell. He won the fifth-most disposals and applied the third-most pressure of any player for the carnival. Despite his size he was one of the best stoppage players in the NAB League, ranking fourth for clearances and fifth for contested possessions.

CHRIS SAYS: Co-captained Vic Country as part of an ultra-consistent season and has been picking Cameron Ling’s brain all year. But appears to have been a slight slider from a top-five prospect earlier in the season. Has been linked to Carlton at pick 9.

Plays like: Tim Kelly

I think he’s certain to go top ten. We’d have to take him if he was available at 14, but we do have a lot of MIDs his size already - Steven (180cm), Parfitt (180cm), Fogarty (180cm), Atkins (180cm), Narkle (181cm), Ablett (182cm), Selwood (183cm).

I sure hope we dont get Knightmares picks - taking Bergman Worrell and Sharp and leaving Gould and C. Stephens on the board to me has all the hallmarks of missing Worpol or taking Thurlow ahead of a straight out good player like Grundy. Gould and Stephens are straight out footballers, please please please we cant blow this draft on athletes that look like they may make good footballers

I sure hope we dont get Knightmares picks - taking Bergman Worrell and Sharp and leaving Gould and C. Stephens on the board to me has all the hallmarks of missing Worpol or taking Thurlow ahead of a straight out good player like Grundy. Gould and Stephens are straight out footballers, please please please we cant blow this draft on athletes that look like they may make good footballers

Sharp is a back to back All Australian and Bergman is definitely a footballer before athlete. I like them both, not a fan of Worrell though.

Regardless, I can’t see us taking Sharp. I really like him, but he can’t win his own ball which is a trait our recruiters put a premium on. I’d be happy with Bergman, looks to have a heap of talent.

Would a deal of 6, gws2020r2 for 17,36, Geelong 2020r1 be a possible deal. I think we might get a better deal elsewhere, but this is quite fair, with potential for the deal to be great for Geelong if we have a poor 2020 and for gws if Geelong drops next year

Would a deal of 6, gws2020r2 for 17,36, Geelong 2020r1 be a possible deal. I think we might get a better deal elsewhere, but this is quite fair, with potential for the deal to be great for Geelong if we have a poor 2020 and for gws if Geelong drops next year

It's reasonable I think. I think we'd prefer to link it to the R1 we received from WC via the Kelly trade rather than our 2020 R1 but that would probably tip it too much in our favour.

GWS would want our 14 not 17 i reckon, if it was going to be 17 it would have to include 24 instead of 36.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They might say yes if you change it to West Coast 2020 1st.

After a quiet few weeks, a trade has been done

This is good for us, imo. This trade doesn’t affect our draft position, but it shows that clubs are still wheeling and dealing and not just waiting for draft night to come around. I had thought that by now clubs had probably settled and would wait for draft night to see where bids are placed, who gets taken early, etc. and live trade accordingly. Good to see that’s not the case and we still have a chance to move up the order (if we want it).

Here is Port trading into pick 16 and some in 50's for FR1 so I think holding onto 14 and 17 versus giving them up for one inside 10 is the better value route. more inclined to trade one of next years firsts (but they seem devalued) plus 24 say so we keep 14 and 17.

Pretty sure port is trying to get into the top 10 they have a good hand now to try with 12-16-18 i believe

That move will get them Gould Kickett Day & Mead for sweet FA. Not a bad haul... but i suspect one of Gould or Day will land at the Cattery.
Great move, getting ready more for 2021 and beyond after Boak & Gray are long gone.

That move will get them Gould Kickett Day & Mead for sweet FA. Not a bad haul... but i suspect one of Gould or Day will land at the Cattery.
Great move, getting ready more for 2021 and beyond after Boak & Gray are long gone.
I see them using 2 to get into the top 10 and still get one of those 3 and mead which i think they would prefer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back