Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port wont trade Howard for less than 18 (18 and Ryder for Howard is my guess).
Saints may hold Bruce may trade him.
Wont get much for Steven.
Jones for a FR2 and Butler for a late pick.
Any deal for Hill needs to be 12 +Fr1 with FR2 going back.
Unless Hill comes here of course.

Saints are really going to struggle with currency, apparently dogs arent willing to give them what they want for Bruce and obviously we are doing the same with Steven, they could end up with nobody at this rate.

By getting Hill it will replace what we lost with Kelly and for the price of Menegola that is an absolute steal. Menegola is a flop and always gets caught holding the ball. I have lost count how many times he has either cost us or nearly cost us important and close games by his slow decision making and poor disposal efficiency. If Geelong pull of this trade with Hill, with a player like Menegola it would be great for the long term and mitigate the loss of Kelly.

There is no way we are getting a straight swap. Theyd want a R1 + R2 +Sam at a minimum.

Saints are really going to struggle with currency, apparently dogs arent willing to give them what they want for Bruce and obviously we are doing the same with Steven, they could end up with nobody at this rate.

They will get Butler and Ryder done as they are late picks and Swans will take an FR2 for Jones as they need the bid points. But Howard and Hill are genuinely up in the air.

There is no use giving us picks over 40 as we won't use them.

Maybe a future 4th rounder they will offer.

For Smith..yeah its 58/78 but i dont think we will use either or a FR4 i reckon.

He's a popular player and the Club will do what's best for him.
He's going anyway, there's no need to put obstacles in his way.

Agreed...we wont get anything of value for him and im ok with that.

Won’t happen this year but with King signing for the suns. It leaves Peter Wright in a good spot for cats to trade for him with our two first round picks next season.
Peter wright wouldnt cost more than a 2nd rd pick at best we could offer pick 36 and Smith for 2mPeter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your really asking the wrong supporter group... Hill for Clark is fair ...but its been that long since we have has some you talent that we really would not consider deal like that... the club is more focused on the now but I doubt the do the deal... and now the Saints have their FR1 to trade ..they have enough to get it done..
Clark will be better then hill and clark has 6 extra years of football.

Clark will be better then hill and clark has 6 extra years of football.

To be honest i always though Stephen was the better of the 2 brothers, i dont want to fork out 800k+ for him and trade away all our picks, if we do i think its a panic move due to the Kelly move, but we have options available so lets use them and keep a warchest for next year.

I think this Sydney system, Hawthorn system, Geelong system etc is all true but a lot of rubbish at the same time. Systems last while the leaders last. Unfortunately, like the Swans, the Hawks and Cats will lose their leaders and the system will go. Taylor has issues with his game play and its almost crazy to offer three years.

THE AFL remains intent on adding extra trade windows to the football calendar, but won't be doing so in 2020.

The League told clubs on Monday that it would not be introducing a pre-season trade period next year, which would have been staged between the end of the JLT Community Series and round one...

The League has ruled out any extra trade windows for next year but is expected to continue with plans to expand the trade market in 2021.

Clubs were growing frustrated they had not received any confirmation of the possible new trade period before last week's Telstra AFL Trade Period had begun.

Interesting :think:

BLUES APPROACHED BY WINES CAMP FOR A TRADE
Port Adelaide skipper Ollie Wines' camp reportedly approached Carlton two weeks ago to consider a trade for the gun midfielder, according to News Corp. The Blues have elected to go for leg speed instead and will not consider making a play for Wines in this trade period. Wines is contracted until 2022 and the Power have denied he is up for a trade.

Interesting :think:

BLUES APPROACHED BY WINES CAMP FOR A TRADE
Port Adelaide skipper Ollie Wines' camp reportedly approached Carlton two weeks ago to consider a trade for the gun midfielder, according to News Corp. The Blues have elected to go for leg speed instead and will not consider making a play for Wines in this trade period. Wines is contracted until 2022 and the Power have denied he is up for a trade.

That is interesting.

They will want two first rounders and Menegola, not just Menegola.....
Yeah, that would make sense. I couldn't see Geelong passing up any picks before round 40.

Just hoping that we don't lose Mitch Duncan because the last 2 years he has developed into a good player and it would be sad to see him leave. At the same time, I don't think that Duncan will move back to WA yet because all his kids and stuff are tied to Geelong atm, but I can see him moving in maybe a few years.

Port wont trade Howard for less than 18 (18 and Ryder for Howard is my guess).
Saints may hold Bruce may trade him.
Wont get much for Steven.
Jones for a FR2 and Butler for a late pick.
Any deal for Hill needs to be 12 +Fr1 with FR2 going back.
Unless Hill comes here of course.

If Stk have to trade all of 18 for Howard then I guess its hard to work out Hill deal that sees us getting a pick upgrade and Steven in it somehow..

I cant see what Freo thinks they offer for Menegola , they will keep and use 12 ..Henry bid that early..? very much doubt it ... and they need 20 somethings for point unless they get some others picks in.
Could 22 for Menegola and 37 work .. its about P44 or there abouts...It sort of gives them 3 players again..which they had with 6,7 and Henry... now they have 12 , Henry ..and 18 which can disappear..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back