Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind Gould. He is like a defenders version of DeGoey ;)
I just think with our current list, with Okunbor, O'Connor, Henry and even Stewart all around that 190cm mark, I just don't think Wellsy will go for him.
If they can get Okunbor to progress like O'Connor, he probably could be a similar style of player to Gould. But that is a Massive IF.
The thing with Gould is he is a natural footballer, and you just can't teach that...
Plus he's from the S.A country town of Lucindale, same as crow's baby huey Darcy Fogarty.

Bulldogs have English and Port Lycett and Ladhams and Hayes they dont need him..melb i doubt but hawthorn might. Rucks can slide so heres hoping he gets to us.
Have heard it said in media that Melb are interested... take that for box of tissues for all its worth .... if they do then someone like Bradke should start thinking long term imo... one doesnt take a kid that early to not give him chances..

What we really want is Carlton to be true to their dna... and bid on Henry and Maginess

Last edited:

I disagree with defenders aren't a big priority ... Our tall defenders are old and we need to draft some now, especially because they take a while to develop...

I think a young KPD is a definite priority but mid sized ones not so much with O’Connor, Stewart, Kolo and Henry all young. Still, it wouldn’t stop me picking Young all the same as he just picks himself on class.

McAsey is the other that should be looked at if available. With Henderson likely gone and Taylor to follow at the end of this year we are now v light on for tall defenders.

If we cant trade up for one of them. I wouldn't mind us going a different direction and picking up cody Weightman with our first pick and then go cooper stephens with pick 17.

Cant see weightman getting past the dogs at 13. Also he doesnt really fill a need for us.

I think a young KPD is a definite priority but mid sized ones not so much with O’Connor, Stewart, Kolo and Henry all young. Still, it wouldn’t stop me picking Young all the same as he just picks himself on class.

McAsey is the other that should be looked at if available. With Henderson likely gone and Taylor to follow at the end of this year we are now v light on for tall defenders.

We still have blitz who is contracted for 4 more years plus kolo and henry and kreuger can play both ends. We have a better stock of kpds than we do kpfs or rucks imo.

Have heard it said in media that Melb are interested... take that for box of tissues for all its worth .... if they do then someone like Bradke should start thing long term imo... one doesnt take a kid that early to not give him chances..

What we really want is Carlton to be true to their dna... and bid on Henry and Maginess

With Gawn and Preuss id be surprised if they go that way. On the other bit the bids will be interesting.

Who are your 4?

Hopefully not seen as a ‘cop out’, but I just don’t have the knowledge of the esteemed posters to confidently say names.
My priorities are needs based ( need a good ruck, an inside mid, an outside mid and a KP that can play either end) and attributes - (very good by foot, ideally elite, and speed for the mids and - sorry to bang on - robust/no chronic injuries that could cruel them ... and us). Could live with 3 out of 4 (if one is a ruck!!).

We still have blitz who is contracted for 4 more years plus kolo and henry and kreuger can play both ends. We have a better stock of kpds than we do kpfs or rucks imo.

Kolo can probably play KP but I'm not sure Henry can. Kreuger prob more a forward than a back I would have thought but maybe they do play him back?

Kreuger can? Seriously what can Kreuger do nobody knows squat what he'll do.
So don't try throwing him in as if oh yeah he's capable when atm he's really not.
Hasn't played a game, far from a star even in the VFL.

Last edited:
Blicavs - FB
Kolodjashnij - CHB
Henry - BP/3rd tall

Kreuger - CHF

That's what I want to see from next season and beyond.

I think next year that Kolo needs to play KPD to see what life will be like post Taylor. If he can't cut it as a KPD then something needs to change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think next year that Kolo needs to play KPD to see what life will be like post Taylor. If he can't cut it as a KPD then something needs to change.
I honestly think that he's been ready to play at CHB for years but because of the MC's reluctance to play a balanced team he's been squashed into a BP, HBF and even the *en wing! What is it with our coaches fascination for playing KPD on wings:drunk:

I honestly think that he's been ready to play at CHB for years but because of the MC's reluctance to play a balanced team he's been squashed into a BP, HBF and even the fu**en wing! What is it with our coaches fascination for playing KPD on wings:drunk:

Ive actually thought he did pretty well when he was on a wing, seemed to be more confident moving the ball forward rather than pissing around with it in the back half, he is a strong unit.

Ive actually thought he did pretty well when he was on a wing, seemed to be more confident moving the ball forward rather than pissing around with it in the back half, he is a strong unit.
I hated seeing him there.
Give him the job of playing on the opposition's CHF and if he fails, then I was wrong.... but I don't think he will:thumbsu:

Cant see weightman getting past the dogs at 13. Also he doesnt really fill a need for us.

We don't have a type like weightman, miers plays very differently. Given gaz and rohans age i think he would be a very good long term get for us. Atkins just isn't skilled either like that and who knows if he will reach any heights.

With our current picks are we actually being realistic about the players we all are discussing on here?? For me i feel we may be painfully short of all of the ones we feel we want come draft night if we keep our picks.... And we will be very frustrated supporters.

14 just doesn't feel like one of the top midfielders is going to slide to it. I still have that feeling fremantle arent going to go with Aish and pick robertson and jackson... They just make too much sense for them not to pick them. Which probably leaves one of the defenders to slide to us. The type tipped around our first-rounders aren't the type that we really need to stock youth with.

I really want to see us move ourselves up into the top ten here.

And although there are players I like.. well I wouldnt mind McAsey or Dekoning etc... I do feel the defenders in general is where you can find a role player on other lists or a guys who was over looked at the last draft or two. Its not so much I dont want a DeKoning.. I do..its just as a priority I see other needs more needy. Get a couple of guys the right size and put them in the VFL side.. see if we can find another Egan. I still would like to play Abbot at CHB. I found it interesting that Clarkson tried Mcavoy down back last year.

On forwards what do you think of the kid who cam back from injury and "combined" well Georgieardies or some name like that .. Father son for dogs I think but not enough games?

EDIT:
Pure_Ownage this is the kid .... Not sure about height though .. I thought he was taller than 191..

Mitch Georgiades (pictured) missed the full season with an ongoing quad injury but has fully recovered and could be a bolter after his testing results. The 191cm tall forward from Subiaco came fourth in the 20-metre sprint (2.925 seconds) and was solid in the Yo-Yo as well (level 20.8).

722484_lp.jpg

His Combine performance, plus the talent he showed as a bottom-ager last year, could see him push up the ranks after this week.

Last edited:
We don't have a type like weightman, miers plays very differently. Given gaz and rohans age i think he would be a very good long term get for us. Atkins just isn't skilled either like that and who knows if he will reach any heights.

With our current picks are we actually being realistic about the players we all are discussing on here?? For me i feel we may be painfully short of all of the ones we feel we want come draft night if we keep our picks.... And we will be very frustrated supporters.

14 just doesn't feel like one of the top midfielders is going to slide to it. I still have that feeling fremantle arent going to go with Aish and pick robertson and jackson... They just make too much sense for them not to pick them. Which probably leaves one of the defenders to slide to us. The type tipped around our first-rounders aren't the type that we really need to stock youth with.

I really want to see us move ourselves up into the top ten here.

They might not be the same but you can only have so many that are in the same sort of dynamic. Give the guys we have drafted like Tarca a chance I think.... but plenty like Weightman. And I have a so spot for goal kickers cause in this era of low scores it only takes a moment here or that to separate yourself from a tackler..

Geelong's recent history with our current crop of draft picks.

Pick 14: Never used (Adam Simpson and Grant Birchall probably the best two picked at 14)

Pick 17:
2009 - Daniel Menzel
2007 - Harry Taylor
2001 - James Kelly
1999 - Ezra Bray
1998 - Peter Street
1994 - Carl Steinfort

Pick 24:
2017 - Tim Kelly
2001 - Steve Johnson
1998 - David Wojcinski

Pick 36:
2017 - Charlie Constable
2013 - Jarred Jansen
2002 - Tim Callan
1994 - Matthew Robbins

With Gawn and Preuss id be surprised if they go that way. On the other bit the bids will be interesting.

I have to admit Id be looking at outside with ball skills for them ..maybe they see it different.
Game style of personel ..the appeared butchered the ball like some sort drunk Mohel with Parkinsons ....

so Young or Ash id have thought... but maybe they see a talent that is once in 5-10 years and you do not get a chance too often..

Geelong's recent history with our current crop of draft picks.

Pick 14: Never used (Adam Simpson and Grant Birchall probably the best two picked at 14)

Pick 17:
2009 - Daniel Menzel
2007 - Harry Taylor
2001 - James Kelly
1999 - Ezra Bray
1998 - Peter Street
1994 - Carl Steinfort

Pick 24:
2017 - Tim Kelly
2001 - Steve Johnson
1998 - David Wojcinski

Pick 36: