Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but we can probably make do with what we have got until then. Blicavs has 4-5 years left, Henderson maybe one or two, DeKoning might get a few games in next year. I see DeKonning replacing Henderson/Taylor and drafting the next one (i.e. Cox) to replace Blicavs down the track.

I have said this before.. I like that we have tried Dek and Freddie both ends . I think we should suck it up get games into them next year... adding a Cox may or may not be KPD ..I see him as being able to play like Blitz does now..if he has the gut running to do the role. I have not seen his numbers..

ohh Im fully aware that Daniher has baggage ... I'm not convinced on his devotion , i'm not sure he really likes the professional demands of the game. I see him as a package bring more to the side if he can play more as a ruck than he has previously. I said to Pure, a new "ottens" .. and thats what he might be. Cameron will want a truck load of dollars .. and it seems if we have a choice we may like to add more than one player..its back to the future 2015 ..and I think the rd see this as another chance to extend the dangerflag.
Yeah agree with that Turbo.

Turbs no offence mate but I never get the people that want the best (quality) but then whine about the price so settle for average and then whine about the quality.

Cameron is quality. One of the best 3 fwds in the game. 900k to 1M is the price. You pay it everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Everything else will fall into place.

Refer back to ppl questioning the Dangerfield pursuit and squirming and morning about the money and picks.
Whine? Why would I take offence? lol

So if his price was 2m ..thats OK? I suspect not ... it means we must all work out want we are prepared to pay..our cap is unlikely to be the same next year...so one has to work out where and to who we pay the dollars..and for me id rather not spend it on Cameron. I doubt he is coming so it matters not.

Im not a Cameron fan I think he is not the difference.

I have said this before.. I like that we have tried Dek and Freddie both ends . I think we should suck it up get games into them next year... adding a Cox may or may not be KPD ..I see him as being able to play like Blitz does now..if he has the gut running to do the role. I have not seen his numbers..

On the limited vision he looks to be that real mobile tall type. As you say no idea what sort of tank he possesses. He will be another where patience will be required. He need another 10kg at least.

I think with 3 early picks we can afford to use one on a tall, the others on best available mid/forward.

Wasn't Z Guthrie emergency for a stack of games this year? It would suggest the club rate him on some level
I know, but if numbers are reduced greatly to 38-2-2 (as suggested my be the case by Brian Cook) , some very tough calls will need to be made.
Simpson was doing so well he may have been playing finals. But I have him there too.
Harsh calls will have to be made unfortunately if that is what happens.

Do port and Brisbane kick the ball better than us? Or does us beating them not suit your narrative?
Do port and Brisbane kick the ball better than us? Or does us beating them not suit your narrative?
[/QUOTE
Turbs no offence mate but I never get the people that want the best (quality) but then whine about the price so settle for average and then whine about the quality.

Cameron is quality. One of the best 3 fwds in the game. 900k to 1M is the price. You pay it everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Everything else will fall into place.

Refer back to ppl questioning the Dangerfield pursuit and squirming and moaning about the money and picks. We aren’t talking Mitch McGovern or Polec here.
Good piece, Cameron is quality, if he wants to come to us, pay him. We won’t be able to match what the bottom clubs can pay but hopefully he will prefer to play with a top tier side, and that is Geelong!

Good piece, Cameron is quality, if he wants to come to us, pay him. We won’t be able to match what the bottom clubs can pay but hopefully he will prefer to play with a top tier side, and that is Geelong!
Dahlhaus Hawkins Cameron
Miers Dangerfield Rohan

yes please

could be the best combined forwardline ever.

Im unconvinced on either...but if i were to choose ..I think I like the upside on Daniher. He has a lot of issues but has never played in a good side, Cameron has. I dont think Daniher is a permeant forward, id think he may be better to have time on ball and keep involved .. so another player capable of ruck suite us as well.

I dont think we get either but I see Daniher being the better fit
Upside and a soon to be 27 year old Key fwd coming off no football and plenty of injuries in the last 2 years don’t exactly go together

Im unconvinced on either...but if i were to choose ..I think I like the upside on Daniher. He has a lot of issues but has never played in a good side, Cameron has. I dont think Daniher is a permeant forward, id think he may be better to have time on ball and keep involved .. so another player capable of ruck suite us as well.

Problem is he's rarely 'fit'. Not to mention he lacks flexibility. PASS.

I've cooled on Constable. Rated him early, but like ZGuthrie, he needed to show a bit more (though was unlucky with concussion). He's expendable. Narkle and Cockatoo I'm torn on. Both have high ceilings I reckon - it's just whether we are going to see it? I'd keep one. I think we need to take at least the 4 picks. Currently I'm thinking Nic Cox, Archie Perkins, Eddie Ford (as Henry will go earlier) and maybe Trew. Though I'd like to get a young ruck in as well.

Not sure about Bruhn. His injury history concerns me.

Finlay Macrae interests me... A midfielder that can also play forward.. Has a good kick on both sides.

Last edited:

Daniher is a country boy?? The lifestyle appeal might come as a factor for him if we come knocking. At least i hope it has some sales appeal.

Before he got injured he had a huge breakout year kicking 65.39 for the year. Not the worls greatest conversion and could have had 70+ if kicked straight.

What i love about joe is i feel his more suited to the modern day congestion as a key forward. Once he launches in the air he is almost unstoppable to defend. You just have to deny him the chance to defend him for a game. His aerial ability is the best in the AFL at full flight. Cameron needs alot more space and one outs to perform well. He cant make something out of a congestion like a full flight joe can.

Recall the game cameron tore us a new one and destroyed harry... He had an entire paddock to work into that day. Danniher doesnt need that to cause grief in the air.

I will put my preference down to this. When the ball is kicked high and long into a congested pack inside fifty, i know daniher launching for a mark will cause twice the amount of defensive pannic and worry than cameron launching for a mark. Which is a huge value in todays modern game to be able to cause opposition defenses and unsettle them and their inercept defending.

This is one glaring area if concern with our forward line that gets exxagerated even more so with rohan out, that we have no launching aerial forwards who can distress 2-3 oppsition defenders into spoiling and unsettle the defense for when the ball hits the ground, as hawkins too easily can get held out of a contest and intercepted against, Daniher is quite different in this regard

Daniher is a country boy?? The lifestyle appeal might come as a factor for him if we come knocking. At least i hope it has some sales appeal.

Before he got injured he had a huge breakout year kicking 65.39 for the year. Not the worls greatest conversion and could have had 70+ if kicked straight.

What i love about joe is i feel his more suited to the modern day congestion as a key forward. Once he launches in the air he is almost unstoppable to defend. You just have to deny him the chance to defend him for a game. His aerial ability is the best in the AFL at full flight. Cameron needs alot more space and one outs to perform well. He cant make something out of a congestion like a full flight joe can.

Recall the game cameron tore us a new one and destroyed harry... He had an entire paddock to work into that day. Danniher doesnt need that to cause grief in the air.

I will put my preference down to this. When the ball is kicked high and long into a congested pack inside fifty, i know daniher launching for a mark will cause twice the amount of defensive pannic and worry than cameron launching for a mark. Which is a huge value in todays modern game to be able to cause opposition defenses and unsettle them and their inercept defending.

This is one glaring area if concern with our forward line that gets exxagerated even more so with rohan out, that we have no launching aerial forwards who can distress 2-3 oppsition defenders into spoiling and unsettle the defense for when the ball hits the ground, as hawkins too easily can get held out of a contest and intercepted against, Daniher is quite different in this regard

Great points. If Daniher tomorrow tells Wells and Scott he wants in, we will absolutely make that happen IMO - even if we have to trade for him. I know many on here aren't keen on him due to his injuries (fair enough) but there is no way we'd knock back a talent like that. Having said that, my gut feel, and I know absolutely nothing, is that I think he may be keen on a move North (Lions or Swans) to escape the "footy bubble" that is Victoria. That's my impression.

I think it's the same reason we likely miss out on Cameron. Just my gut feel but I'd love to get either, and I dare say Wells and Scott would be of the same view. You just don't turn down players of that quality, especially KPF's of that quality.

Great points. If Daniher tomorrow tells Wells and Scott he wants in, we will absolutely make that happen IMO - even if we have to trade for him. I know many on here aren't keen on him due to his injuries (fair enough) but there is no way we'd knock back a talent like that. Having said that, my gut feel, and I know absolutely nothing, is that I think he may be keen on a move North (Lions or Swans) to escape the "footy bubble" that is Victoria. That's my impression.

I think it's the same reason we likely miss out on Cameron. Just my gut feel but I'd love to get either, and I dare say Wells and Scott would be of the same view. You just don't turn down players of that quality, especially KPF's of that quality.

Lets hope one of them chooses us... Either way we cant loose as they are both stars. I just feel daniher would be a better fit for what we need up forward compared to cameron. Outside of rohan we have a forward line that is way too easy to intercept against when we ball is kicked in high and long. Hawkins is a fantastic one out wrestling forward and good on a lead with his precision timing, but he causes basically no real threat in a pack situation and can easily be chopped off. Daniher causes alot of issues as he is a high launching key forward like jack riewoldt and draws alot more aerial effort to defend him, disrupting interceptions and causing more groundball chaos. Something we dont have from 5/6 of our forwards.

Imagine what it would do to dylan grimes trying to peel off when we have both hawkins and daniher up forward especially how dangerous daniher is when he launches high.

Would you sit closer to hawkins to chop off the contest?? Or do you sit beside daniher and stop high from leaping at the ball if kicked his direction?? Daniher requires you to sit closer to him when defending as he has a very high reach and doesnt take the ball at a low marking point.

Would be quite a difficult scenario for defending teams like richmond who have a peeling off zone defense

I know, but if numbers are reduced greatly to 38-2-2 (as suggested my be the case by Brian Cook) , some very tough calls will need to be made.
Simpson was doing so well he may have been playing finals. But I have him there too.
Harsh calls will have to be made unfortunately if that is what happens.
I would want to keep Simpson before Zuthrie Zac is still very average

If Adelaide want to further ruin their culture and reputation by attempting to squeeze every drop out of value at the expense of their players by matching Crouch (even tho he’s only worth one late R1 pick, which they’d get by accepting)...

Then.. we should just walk away immediately and push for Viney instead. Melbourne won’t match.

Viney and crouch are about equal in my view, solid B+ mids. Neither are match winners or classy but will help in the post Selwood era and allow danger to play forward.

But they are not worth more than 1 late R1 pick.

It’s crazy how Adelaide are hanging crouch out to dry and openly milking the system for compensation yet at the same time appear to be threatening GWS with preseason drafting Hately. They want max value for losing a player but at the same time, give zero for a previous first round pick player they are chasing.

They are absolute nuff nuffs and I hope it all backfires for them. They won’t be well received with this strategy.

If they match crouch, would be funny if we walked away, signed Viney and they’re left with a disgruntled player

If Adelaide want to further ruin their culture and reputation by attempting to squeeze every drop out of value at the expense of their players by matching Crouch (even tho he’s only worth one late R1 pick, which they’d get by accepting)...

Then.. we should just walk away immediately and push for Viney instead. Melbourne won’t match.

Viney and crouch are about equal in my view, solid B+ mids. Neither are match winners or classy but will help in the post Selwood era and allow danger to play forward.

But they are not worth more than 1 late R1 pick.

It’s crazy how Adelaide are hanging crouch out to dry and openly milking the system for compensation yet at the same time appear to be threatening GWS with preseason drafting Hately. They want max value for losing a player but at the same time, give zero for a previous first round pick player they are chasing.

They are absolute nuff nuffs and I hope it all backfires for them. They won’t be well received with this strategy.

If they match crouch, would be funny if we walked away, signed Viney and they’re left with a disgruntled player

I think what is very obvious from this and should have been done from day one of free agency is GET RID OF MATCHING BIDS AND RFA! Simply have free agency and the player walks to where he wants... Its simple. Matching causes a potentially veru ugly nasty situation and one of almost draft tampering like the current one with adelaide and crouch where the difference lies between pick 2 and 20. compensation should also never be linked to ladder position, but simply assigned a draft pick value based on contract terms. Its heen a huge stuff up so far

With Jack Watts and Harley Bennell retiring GFC certainly dodged bullets with respect to these 2. We were heavily into Jack Watts at one stage, not so sure about Bennell, but there was some speculation IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back