Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Jesus........Cockatoo is so finished.

He has the body of a local park footballer. The white shorts are not a good look. Still yet to remotely get near it
Chucked the TV on to see him, my god you're right he looks huge lol. Looks too heavy, still has the the power but he doesnt look quick at all.

Oh Jesus........Cockatoo is so finished.

He has the body of a local park footballer. The white shorts are not a good look. Still yet to remotely get near it
I'm not watching the match at the moment, but I remember the following quote from a couple of months back with Fagan talking about Cockatoo & his return from a hamstring issue in January.

It doesn't read as being too complimentary, and not great for a player who is 24 & entering their 7th year at this level

“He started training in January, he was a little bit below the standard we would’ve hoped, but that wasn’t his fault as he had a few things going on in his life.

I reckon Treloar was seen to be a bona fide young star when he left GWS. Weller is a good example but much more the exception than the rule. Demons got absolutely reamed with Tyson didn't they?

No way we'd trade Clark and a future first for Cerra. Clark plus a pick in the early 20's should be ample. Cerra is not a top 20 mid in the comp. Probably not even top 30.

Dees traded 2 (josh kelly) for tyson and 9 (salem). Salem will be a good 200 gamer so its not a terrible trade but clearly kelly is the best of the 3.

As for cerra i rate him higher than you do but it really depends whether he wants geelong and only geelong..other clubs will offer more than that if he is willing to consider them and freo will know that.

Dees traded 2 (josh kelly) for tyson and 9 (salem). Salem will be a good 200 gamer so its not a terrible trade but clearly kelly is the best of the 3.

As for cerra i rate him higher than you do but it really depends whether he wants geelong and only geelong..other clubs will offer more than that if he is willing to consider them and freo will know that.

Salem is a gun so as you have alluded to he’s saved that trade for the Demons.

We don’t even know whether we have any interest in him as yet. See what happens at the end of year.

Apparently the thought around us being interested in Sandi is because we omitted Stanley - never mind we have other rucks on our list & surely aren't desperate enough to go after a 38yr old retiree

If all our rucks were injured, then that would be another story...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the ones that are playing well but can not get a game. What you think that a start
Yeah good start, I think if we are looking at players outside another teams best 22 then we should only look at needs. Which I would identify as a ruck or key defender. From the Dogs in those positions we could look at Jordan Sweet, Zaine Cordy or Lewis Young.
What do you identify as a spot we should address?

Yeah good start, I think if we are looking at players outside another teams best 22 then we should only look at needs. Which I would identify as a ruck or key defender. From the Dogs in those positions we could look at Jordan Sweet, Zaine Cordy or Lewis Young.

I think there are dozens of player that could fit in the 20-40 range that we could get. However I do feel we need to be selective. How many will be delisted at years end on list, we probably need to balance up the players we have , who may still have up side, who may have limited up side. When one considers we delisted Henderson, it's only a bee toenail between him playing for us and us having a hole in that role.

So unless someone is an obvious improvement to our best 15, someone that can help with our immediate goals, or unless it adds to our development group, I think we need to be discerning in who we bring in. Sweet maybe if we really rate him as a long term player chance.

I suspect if we can add one biggish name, as we have done every year since Danger... we will. And after that , if we dont like any of our VFL types , we find some value in the draft , perhaps a KPD that is 19 or 20 that was missed in his draft year.

Last edited:
Apparently the thought around us being interested in Sandi is because we omitted Stanley - never mind we have other rucks on our list & surely aren't desperate enough to go after a 38yr old retiree

If all our rucks were injured, then that would be another story...

I reckon wed want Sandi whether Rhys was fit or not but Sandi has quashed the rumour.

I reckon it would have been Melbourne interested in Sandilands personally.

They know they are going to make finals now and if Gawn was injured it would be a big ask for Jackson to play #1 ruck in the finals. Covers that little list gap from trading out Preuss.

I doubt Sandi would want to move his family over here for a backup role like that. Unless its a long term coaching type gig and having him on the list is purely to get his coaching wage exempt from the soft cap (eg the Goldsack example).

We need a Ruckman yes then we need a onballer and a CHB and would like to keep a eye on McMullan from our VFL side a backman

Chucked the TV on to see him, my god you're right he looks huge lol. Looks too heavy, still has the the power but he doesnt look quick at all.
I noticed Cockatoo had lost his pace last year from limited footage... Doesn't even move the same like he used to. Has definitely lost pace, and that's a big thing for his game, especially as he ain't exactly a natural with finding the pill.

I think we need a Key Defender, a Ruck, and genuine inside/outside midfielder. Probably in that order.

I do like Darcy Tucker as fringe player for an outside midfield role in the right age bracket and probably gettable, but tbh Duncan and Smith ain't showing signs of slowing down and would be ahead of him in best 22 atm...

I think we need a Key Defender, a Ruck, and genuine inside/outside midfielder. Probably in that order.

I do like Darcy Tucker as fringe player for an outside midfield role in the right age bracket and probably gettable, but tbh Duncan and Smith ain't showing signs of slowing down and would be ahead of him in best 22 atm...

Tucker is decent but we have his role covered.

We need an A grade ruckman pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back