Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binns played yesterday for CGS. Can’t say I really noticed him too much. Saw him though in a Champs match and he did a few nice things. Where do you see him going? 3rd round?
He is probably one of, if not the best runner so..from that pov I could see us going earlier than some would think. If the club think they could add another runner like Holmes who knows, it would be surprise me if we went earlier

He is a bit lose by foot though

Picked up Ollie Dempsey from Carey so they would be more than aware.

Id say weddle goes top30.. He sort of reminded me of a Kenny Hunter type..if anyone can remember him. Good over head.

ICL_EDT_2022_76557_Cals-Phantom-Form-Guide_July-Update_2048x300_19_FA-2x.jpg

192cm/89kg
25/5/04
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Key defender

Stocks in Weddle have grown as the year has gone on, with the Vic Metro backman now among the handful of key position defenders in the mix as top-30 picks. He's a steady hand in defence who can intercept mark or swing in to help out an opponent. He had 20 disposals and seven marks against Western Australia in what was his best game of the carnival.

tpYU7oXL.jpg

Joshua Weddle of Victoria Metro marks the ball during the 2022 NAB AFL National Championships U18 Boys match between Vic Metro and Western Australia at Ikon Park on July 2, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos

I mentioned him in the games I watched. Probably not what we need though For a name..my bet we look at Binns in the draft
I really hope we don't look at or in Bins for our draft selections Turbo :D

Back from watching the APS top of the table game Caulfield GS v Brighton GS. Ended up a draw after Caulfield had a 6 goal lead at once stage and had been the dominant team all season. Some really impressive kids out there.
Heard there was a big crowd out there for it too. Did Caulfield choke or did Brighton just get their s**t together?

Heard there was a big crowd out there for it too. Did Caulfield choke or did Brighton just get their s**t together?

Very big crowd. Great atmosphere.

Probably a bit of both. Brighton had a fair bit of the footy in the first half but kept burning it by foot. They cleaned up their foot skills which helped. The last quarter, aside from a few brief periods, CGS just couldn't get their hands on the footy. And Brighton kicked straight. Kicked some wonderful goals in pretty trying conditions.

Was a huge upset as CGS had a number of players that played for Vic Metro or Country compared with Brighton.

Id say weddle goes top30.. He sort of reminded me of a Kenny Hunter type..if anyone can remember him. Good over head.

ICL_EDT_2022_76557_Cals-Phantom-Form-Guide_July-Update_2048x300_19_FA-2x.jpg

192cm/89kg
25/5/04
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Key defender

Stocks in Weddle have grown as the year has gone on, with the Vic Metro backman now among the handful of key position defenders in the mix as top-30 picks. He's a steady hand in defence who can intercept mark or swing in to help out an opponent. He had 20 disposals and seven marks against Western Australia in what was his best game of the carnival.

tpYU7oXL.jpg

Joshua Weddle of Victoria Metro marks the ball during the 2022 NAB AFL National Championships U18 Boys match between Vic Metro and Western Australia at Ikon Park on July 2, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos

Just watched a few highlights of him. My brother had seen him play and was talking to an ex AFL player at the game and both were impressed. He looks very handy.

Very big crowd. Great atmosphere.

Probably a bit of both. Brighton had a fair bit of the footy in the first half but kept burning it by foot. They cleaned up their foot skills which helped. The last quarter, aside from a few brief periods, CGS just couldn't get their hands on the footy. And Brighton kicked straight. Kicked some wonderful goals in pretty trying conditions.

Was a huge upset as CGS had a number of players that played for Vic Metro or Country compared with Brighton.
CG have always had heaps of spots scholarship, even well before it was allowed in the APS.

Second/third tier school cheating to lift their profile.

is there any possibility max holmes will be the best player in the league someday like the bloke on the main board said in his thread? because i could really get behind such a great concept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is there any possibility max holmes will be the best player in the league someday like the bloke on the main board said in his thread? because i could really get behind such a great concept
It's possible, but he is coming from a fair way back compared to the out and out stars around his age like Matt Rowell (especially pre-injury) and Nick Daicos. If you look at the trajectory of the likes of Bont, Petracca, Dangerfield, Dusty... they were all stars as juniors. Holmes is a bit more like Fyfe - lean and athletic, but raw.

He's getting eased into the team via wing/half-forward, so it's not like he's in the thick of it all the time and thus it's hard to judge.

Have been told we have met with Jayden Davey 3 times. He is the twin that missed this year with a knee injury and is a father son for Bombers. Was coached last year at Xavier by Matty Egan. He thinks that Essendon may not have enough points to get both him and his brother.

His second ACL, isn't it??

I think we need to trial Sav and tsap in defence in the vfl , Conway is our ruck going forward, so for either player to have a future with us they would need to become defenders. Save is a very good tackler and is athletic. TSAP from basketball background which is based on defence so it may be worth a shot.
Hmm 1st of June I made this suggestion, now the club catches on

Have been told we have met with Jayden Davey 3 times. He is the twin that missed this year with a knee injury and is a father son for Bombers. Was coached last year at Xavier by Matty Egan. He thinks that Essendon may not have enough points to get both him and his brother.
Points. I cant see that being a problem. If the were equal to best and 2nd best... Ess would find a way

Do we really want to seperate twins? I guess,,it worked oK with Kolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back