Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I was bored so added up the ratings for each team…for the TOP 30 rated players…can’t promise I missed something though!

Not sure this means anything…but has Cats at top so I thought it might!!

You would think this should have inverse relationship with ladder? Which is sort of does if you exclude academies and father son….And Cats!!

Other than a bit of fun this highlights how good I think the Bruhn and Henry trade ins will prove to join the star Max and Rookie Dempsey in that age bracket

Geelong. 41.22
North. 39.44
Gold Coast. 38.79
Hawks. 27.26
Eagles. 23.28
St Kilda. 21.11
Adelaide. 20.41
Collingwood 18.22
Swans. 13.98
Port. 12.88
Essendon. 12.47
Carlton. 11.05
Giants. 10.96
Brisbane. 10.56
Freemantle. 10.22
Bulldogs. 9.79
Melbourne 8.41
Richmond. No one in Top 30!
Richmond's list is looking beyond ugly. Absolute dire.

Jarrod Berry has ben miscast as a wingman for 6 years (and still goes OK) when he’s the perfect inside mid for us, and is out of contract.

Does anyone have Andrew Mackie’s number? I need to get him across it.

Jarrod Berry has ben miscast as a wingman for 6 years (and still goes OK) when he’s the perfect inside mid for us, and is out of contract.

Does anyone have Andrew Mackie’s number? I need to get him across it.
Feels like the exact type who wouldn't move the needle for us. He's ok but 4th-5th banana at Brisbane. We've got plenty of guys who could do a job in midfield if they were coming in behind Neale, McCluggage, Dunkley, etc.

Feels like the exact type who wouldn't move the needle for us. He's ok but 4th-5th banana at Brisbane. We've got plenty of guys who could do a job in midfield if they were coming in behind Neale, McCluggage, Dunkley, etc.
I think he’s better than that in a different role at a different club. He has genuine size which our midfield lacks.

If I’m wrong, at least he can play a consistent role on the wing.

Perfect player type, price tag and trade cost IMO.

Agree. Would join Bruhn, Parfitt and Atkins as AFL midfielders who should really be playing VFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would seriously like these “matched” bids to be properly investigated.

Matched amounts need to actually be real and something the club was intending and happy to pay, not a bogey bid with no intentions of following through with, other than to force a higher value trade.

There needs to be stricter litmacy tests in place.

For example bid matched can not be in excess of 300k over what you offered prior to x date..

Surely if your final offer by november is 300k a year less than oppo club.. Why all of a sudden is 300k now appearing??

There needs to be common sense and legitimacy tests applied to these abused matched free agent scenarios, or a probability test.
The investigation will reap no results because the rule around matching is so loose it's meaningless

I would seriously like these “matched” bids to be properly investigated.

Matched amounts need to actually be real and something the club was intending and happy to pay, not a bogey bid with no intentions of following through with, other than to force a higher value trade.

There needs to be stricter litmacy tests in place.

For example bid matched can not be in excess of 300k over what you offered prior to x date..

Surely if your final offer by november is 300k a year less than oppo club.. Why all of a sudden is 300k now appearing??

There needs to be common sense and legitimacy tests applied to these abused matched free agent scenarios, or a probability test.

Just get rid of RFA. Its being half pregnant. You have served 8 years ..which entitles you to Free Agency …a choice of where you wish to live and work.. unless you contract puts you into the top 25% …then you have to serve another two years .

Whats possibly worse is sometime s because of a the contract structure, something instigated by the club… a players last year (rear ended contract) can be that heavily loaded that it puts him into that RFA group.

Then in the case of Cameron … the guy had severed ten years to the club. I find it incredibly two faced that clubs get all funny that a player might just walk to their new club thru the PSD…yet match a FA offer for a guy who has given them 8 years.

I was bored so added up the ratings for each team…for the TOP 30 rated players…can’t promise I missed something though!

Not sure this means anything…but has Cats at top so I thought it might!!

You would think this should have inverse relationship with ladder? Which is sort of does if you exclude academies and father son….And Cats!!

Other than a bit of fun this highlights how good I think the Bruhn and Henry trade ins will prove to join the star Max and Rookie Dempsey in that age bracket

Geelong. 41.22
North. 39.44
Gold Coast. 38.79
Hawks. 27.26
Eagles. 23.28
St Kilda. 21.11
Adelaide. 20.41
Collingwood 18.22
Swans. 13.98
Port. 12.88
Essendon. 12.47
Carlton. 11.05
Giants. 10.96
Brisbane. 10.56
Freemantle. 10.22
Bulldogs. 9.79
Melbourne 8.41
Richmond. No one in Top 30!
Geelong best youth in the league confirmed. We need to make sure that hawks fans know this as I'm not sure they're aware

If that turns out to be remotely true then that is going to be thr majority of the first round being all academy kids...

What point is this whole show reaching the point of ridiculousness?

It will not be half but if kids are given high development from years before the draft..is it any wonder some look like the best kids. Id say Lombard will be R1. Where in R1 …who knows really…. but GC will have to determine that cause unless he is top 5-10 ..their picks will just get eat up. One can see them trading for Riolli to get rid of one or two.

If that turns out to be remotely true then that is going to be thr majority of the first round being all academy kids...

What point is this whole show reaching the point of ridiculousness?

Academy bidding rules have changed this year. Clubs need to match the bid with picks in the same round now, e.g. if the bid is in the first round, the club needs to match it with a first round pick. You can't use 6x picks in the 30s and 40s anymore.

"Shifter" Sheehan's top draft prospects. So many "Academy.:'(

A couple there that are already seperating themselves.

Duursma 3.0 and the kid Sharp look very high end talent..

but the one I saw was …. Being top25 at this stage is on the edge of good and bad. Too good and we will not be able to draft him. Id also question the 183cm. I think thats old info. I have seen him listed as taller than that.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 10.59.59 AM.png

Drifting like gulden?

I think the excuse for most acad amd FSons drifting is clubs do not do the due dilligence on them because they have no acces to them. I think its more about .. scratching each others back … and if you bid on our kid…then next time out we will bid on yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back