Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

When contracted? Sure they are going to be the immoveable object id have thought.

I highly doubt that we will be able to obtain or offer anything that will move WC. It would have to come from HR ..and that at them moment seems unlikely. He looks nothing like JHF.

The eagles wont trade him at all in contract. And when hes ooc he will be worth a shedload. Most clubs wont be able to come up with the currency unless they include an A grader in the trade and that rarely happens anymore.

The eagles wont trade him at all in contract. And when hes ooc he will be worth a shedload. Most clubs wont be able to come up with the currency unless they include an A grader in the trade and that rarely happens anymore.
He will be gettable when OOC.

Obviously not cheap... but way cheaper than when in contract.

Comment from Mark Fine on the real footy podcast about the revival of the dogs midfield with Ed Richards, paraphrasing but one player with pace changes the whole dynamic. Like putting a female vocalist into a band, it's a completely different sound

Felt the same way when we threw Holmes from half back into the middle in the pre-season match against the dons. Felt the same seeing danger take that rotation in the middle against Carlton.

This is why we need to trade for Smith. It's either that or we turn Holmes into Dangerfield with better kicking

He will be gettable when OOC.

Obviously not cheap... but way cheaper than when in contract.

He wont be gettable for us as we wont have low enough picks and the clubs with low enough picks he wont want to go to.
Unless the afl loosens future trading a lot i honestly think the eagles will stand their ground even when hes OOC. I dont see a feasible trade.

He wont be gettable for us as we wont have low enough picks and the clubs with low enough picks he wont want to go to.
Unless the afl loosens future trading a lot i honestly think the eagles will stand their ground even when hes OOC. I dont see a feasible trade.
I have no idea what picks we will have in 2.5 years... but if Reid is OOC and nominates us, I dare say we would find a way to get it done.

I don't understand how you think a guy who would be OOC would not be gettable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are this of middle of the range club. And we are only making numbers.. And for the next couple of years we may or in my mind will be in the same boat, ( finishing anywhere between 8-12.
Should we really go after any out of contract players eg Bailey Smith? As in my mind we really need to use our draft picks for picking up kids to fit our list.. As if we use it on Bailey Smith, we won't have our 1st and 2nd round pick..

But if we want to bring in players, we should only bring UFA and RFA. As we won't have to trade our picks , unless they match it. And if that's the case we walk away
Thoughts?

If he gets to the rookie draft and he has half of Holmes' athleticism then we should grab him
Doubt that will happen, there was a article earlier in year saying the younger Holmes is a better school footy player then Max was.

Max got drafted from school footy.

I have no idea what picks we will have in 2.5 years... but if Reid is OOC and nominates us, I dare say we would find a way to get it done.

I don't understand how you think a guy who would be OOC would not be gettable.

Because reid is about the best young player that will be traded (if he is) since judd.
I just dont realistically see a deal anywhere unless its an A grader for A grader swap (which never happens anymore) unless the afl lets some club trade 4 r1s.

With the ruck rules as they stand we must make a play for Sean Darcy. I reckon he’d be gettable with Jackson needing more first ruck time and our guys just aren’t strong enough to wrestle with the big boys at the moment.

Next year... With Hawkins will hang up the boots.. Do we play Dangerfield as our Hawkins replacement as a Full Forward?

I definitely don't want him to play midfield.

With the ruck rules as they stand we must make a play for Sean Darcy. I reckon he’d be gettable with Jackson needing more first ruck time and our guys just aren’t strong enough to wrestle with the big boys at the moment.
Really?? After tonight's efforts, I'd rather just use our draft picks in the draft and pick up UFA and RFA and not give up any picks up..
As getting Darcy we won't be contending in the next 3 - 4 yeats

Would cost a fortune both in salary and trade, and hinder Conway’s development. We just need a competent third stringer who can’t get a game elsewhere like Lloyd Meek or Pittonet, and can provide a chop out. Ned Reeves?

We've previously made a play for Darcy, he said no in favour of staying out West

In December he signed on a big money deal through to 2030, even knowing Jackson is contracted through to 2029

Him & Fremantle have made their bed & their welcome to it. Besides, his contract would be too stupid to try and take over, plus the asking price from Fremantle would be crazy

Happy to pass

We've previously made a play for Darcy, he said no in favour of staying out West

In December he signed on a big money deal through to 2030, even knowing Jackson is contracted through to 2029

Him & Fremantle have made their bed & their welcome to it. Besides, his contract would be too stupid to try and take over, plus the asking price from Fremantle would be crazy

Happy to pass

He’s not even that good imo. Too immobile for mine.

In terms of rucks Ned Moyle would be a good choice. Would only cost a 3rd rounder given he's out of contract I'd think and not sure there are better number 1 ruck chances than taking on a young Conway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back