Traded Izak Rankine traded to Adelaide with #46 & F4 (Freo) for #5, F3 & F4

Remove this Banner Ad

Overrated piece of s**t 900k they rkn LOL
ron burgundy GIF

Still has some value based on original draft position and performances this year. Has been good, even very good at times, and also a non-entity at others. Not quite the same runs on the board that C.Cameron had at the same stage. Is out of contract. Probably pick 14-17 would be how much he should go for if he wants to come to the AFC.

Still has some value based on original draft position and performances this year. Has been good, even very good at times, and also a non-entity at others. Not quite the same runs on the board that C.Cameron had at the same stage. Is out of contract. Probably pick 14-17 would be how much he should go for if he wants to come to the AFC.
I think comparisons to a contracted Charlie Cameron and uncontracted Jordan Dawson are pretty fair.

I think comparisons to a contracted Charlie Cameron and uncontracted Jordan Dawson are pretty fair.
To an extent, but surely you'd have to say based on the form of both at the clubs they were traded to that they went for unders.

Not to mention, neither were being offered $800k a year (if reports are true).

Whether the actual performance justifies it or not, the contract, still recent draft position and hype behind the guy makes him worth a top 10 pick at minimum. 14-17 per above is clearly absolutely no chance.

If you guys can grab one of the Suns 2nd round picks with Rankine for pick 4, you’ll have done well

How many 22 year olds in the league paid 800k / year?

Can anyone name anyone else?

obscene money, he'd be the last type of player I'd be throwing that at. Not even as a free agent where no draft capital changes hands. $600k is paying on promise at present, which isn't outlandish to do, but it's still the peak at the high end.

I've called for this list management and recruiting staff to "Do a North" Before!

We need an A-Grade midfielder. Is this staff going to draft one or are we destined to finish 4-16th for 10 years?

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who are the A grade midfieders options around the Adelaide Pick 4 ??

obscene money, he'd be the last type of player I'd be throwing that at. Not even as a free agent where no draft capital changes hands. $600k is paying on promise at present, which isn't outlandish to do, but it's still the peak at the high end.

Yes, but sometimes you pay overs to get a player to your club, if there's no other way. Rankine's not worth 800 at present, but given that he was taken at pick 3, has reportedly already been offered 650 by GC (which is about right), and is starting to really show his abilities at the elite level, it's what will be needed, or we don't get him.

Yes, but sometimes you pay overs to get a player to your club, if there's no other way. Rankine's not worth 800 at present, but given that he was taken at pick 3, has reportedly already been offered 650 by GC (which is about right), and is starting to really show his abilities at the elite level, it's what will be needed, or we don't get him.

fine, then we don't get him. The capital required is better spent trying to draft an elite mid or used with another to get JHF. Not on a small forward that we hope has woken up to what's required at the level outside of contract years.

fine, then we don't get him. The capital required is better spent trying to draft an elite mid or used with another to get JHF. Not on a small forward that we hope has woken up to what's required at the level outside of contract years.

No argument on the JHF required capital. The probable bidding war with the wharfies will definitely drive that one higher next year.
If we were a cert to get Rankine uncontracted cheaper in 12 months' time, then yep. Long term however, if he becomes the regular match winner he appears he will be, and we miss out on him for the sake of a hundred grand, I'll be pissed.

I’ll be shocked if you keep this years 1st. Is Dangerfield a flog for walking out on your club? So does Rankine become Rankineflog?
Rankine has been inticed by a big contract, something that happens in professional sport. What dangerflog did was unprofessional. Think about this ..... what other sport in the world do athletes "Go home?" THEY don't because GO HOME is a myth, it doesn't exist.

Does Australia have the most liveable cities on earth or it doesn't? Yes look at all the footballers or soccer. Basketball. Tennis and golf are rarely in there hone cities. Only the AFL and the player agents USE this excuse to move players.

I'm sorry pal but Patrick Dangerfield was a 26 yr old GROWN MAN. (What grown man runs back to mummy and daddy? What? Seriously? Who in the middle of his professional sporting career decided, I miss my mummy. Real tough! What, so he can serf? His best mates were in Adelaide. His coach was murdered. Paddy runs.

If Paddy had have gone, I'll go surf, play country footy and live peacefully in country Victoria. I wouldn't have a problem. But that excuse of GO HOME for a 26 yr old man is not a thing so.....

Yeah I have no sympathy for FIGJAM, the most selfish and self orientated player in the game.

What about Dawson?

Hately?
Dawson was offered a big contract. His manager was good enough to convince Adelaide and Sydney that GO HOME is a legitimate excuse, it isn't. But we lose some, we win some.

Leaver was insulted at his contract offer then Melbourne offered a big deal so ..... he would have signed if Adelaide who do this, hence the players that have left like McGovern ect. Low ball player contracts too low.

Hately the Giants knew wasn't that good, can't keep em all.

Rankine has been inticed by a big contract, something that happens in professional sport. What dangerflog did was unprofessional. Think about this ..... what other sport in the world do athletes "Go home?" THEY don't because GO HOME is a myth, it doesn't exist.

Does Australia have the most liveable cities on earth or it doesn't? Yes look at all the footballers or soccer. Basketball. Tennis and golf are rarely in there hone cities. Only the AFL and the player agents USE this excuse to move players.

I'm sorry pal but Patrick Dangerfield was a 26 yr old GROWN MAN. (What grown man runs back to mummy and daddy? What? Seriously? Who in the middle of his professional sporting career decided, I miss my mummy. Real tough! What, so he can serf? His best mates were in Adelaide. His coach was murdered. Paddy runs.

If Paddy had have gone, I'll go surf, play country footy and live peacefully in country Victoria. I wouldn't have a problem. But that excuse of GO HOME for a 26 yr old man is not a thing so.....

Yeah I have no sympathy for FIGJAM, the most selfish and self orientated player in the game.

Right so anyone that walks out on the crows is a flog and anyone wanting to leave a club to join the crows is awesome.

Seems legit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To an extent, but surely you'd have to say based on the form of both at the clubs they were traded to that they went for unders.

Not to mention, neither were being offered $800k a year (if reports are true).
And there were reports Charlie got 700k. McGovern another one who got a big contract and was traded for early teens pick .

I think the contract should factor into trade value but only to a certain point. Sometimes bottom of the ladder clubs offer overs simply because they have cap space to burn.

And there were reports Charlie got 700k. McGovern another one who got a big contract and was traded for early teens pick .

I think the contract should factor into trade value but only to a certain point. Sometimes bottom of the ladder clubs offer overs simply because they have cap space to burn.
Sure, but you don't pay someone $800k unless you're almost certain they will be A-grade. That's $200k more than Dawson was reportedly offered, and he might win your B&F this season.

just quietly, did Kane Cornes suggest that the crows trade Fogarty and Thilthorpe for Rankine?

The way Fogarty is trending this year, we might just swap him for Rankine and Rowell:D:D

But seriously, Kane Cornes has NFI

4 mill over 5 years is being reported. Hard to see Rankine not at the Crows next year.
Absolutely- if true this only ends with Izak at Adelaide. That is the sort of contract that is implicitly coupled with ‘we’ll do whatever it takes to get you here’.

The Geelong model of only making promises to players you won’t break is why they are the model of trading success.

Absolutely- if true this only ends with Izak at Adelaide. That is the sort of contract that is implicitly coupled with ‘we’ll do whatever it takes to get you here’.

The Geelong model of only making promises to players you won’t break is why they are the model of trading success.

The reverse Essendon model

I personally think a contract of 700-750 K p/a plus additional yearly add ons if he reaches a certain amount of Performance Triggers like certain amount of goals kicked in the season or possessions accumulated (adding to another 100 K or so) is the most responsible type of contract for a player like Rankine and The Crows and their cap.

Or the kind of offer that gets through the PSD??

Not essendon obviously, they offered the same deal of course. Still i wonder if the threat is still there.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have cap space to burn right now and desperately need some class. Certainly makes sense that we've offered a big contract that GC would struggle to match if we intend to frontload it.

High draft position. Great recent form after some earlier inconsistency. Currently mainly playing small forward. Out of contract. Guessing somewhere about pick 9-13 would be fair value?

We've been burnt many times before so not putting too much faith in the rumours he is Crows bound yet.

We have cap space to burn right now and desperately need some class. Certainly makes sense that we've offered a big contract that GC would struggle to match if we intend to frontload it.

High draft position. Great recent form after some earlier inconsistency. Currently mainly playing small forward. Out of contract. Guessing somewhere about pick 9-13 would be fair value?

We've been burnt many times before so not putting too much faith in the rumours he is Crows bound yet.

I would think his value is closer to his draft position than 9 - 13. Why such a drop after what he has shown in 2022?

Move on.

Crows fans that hate on Dangerfield make us all look bad. He gave everything he had for our club and is a top 10 all time player for us. He wanted to live and raise his family close to his home and family, that’s a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Not sure why you think players leaving for better money is any different to leaving for a better personal lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back