Traded Jack Bowes [Traded to Geelong with #7 for F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

I just struggle to see why Bowes picks Geelong for game time. He’d be behind Parfit, Menegola, Holmes, Bruhn(if he goes there) All who didn’t play first 22 in the GF.

Even Brisbane he’s not best 22

North, Hawks and Essendon he walks into those teams.

North, Hawks and Essendon can pay him more over time. Geelong have the financial model and he’s sacrificed already the last 2 years.

You pick Geelong and Brisbane for the chance at team success but with knowledge you currently aren’t best 22.
He should back himself to take 2E's spot as he's 32 and should be slowing down.

As far as we've heard it's more like a Pick 7 upgrade for taking on Bowes contract. Eg - Pick 15 for Bowes and 7. Not sure exactly what range of pick GC want whether its in the 20s or in the teens but won't be a pick 60 for Bowes and 7 from what's been mentioned on TR and ITK posters around here.

I’ve not see this anywhere…can you direct me to some quotes?

As far as we've heard it's more like a Pick 7 upgrade for taking on Bowes contract. Eg - Pick 15 for Bowes and 7. Not sure exactly what range of pick GC want whether its in the 20s or in the teens but won't be a pick 60 for Bowes and 7 from what's been mentioned on TR and ITK posters around here.

I think they don't want picks back this year anyway.

Most likely it will end up being Bowes and #7 for a future second.

Future pick it is. Question is - Is it 1st or 2nd (my prediction) or 3rd.
Speaking on AFL Trade Radio, Giants list manager Craig Cameron opened up his club’s plans in a Bowes trade.

“We’ll get a fair (pick back),” he said on AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Exchange.

“We’re not the only club in this position looking for cap space this year, the AFL has really opened this up as an option and has almost created a third currency. We’ve been doing it around the fringes, but now this is a position the AFL is really comfortable with.

“We’ll be guided a fair bit by what is required to get the deal done. One of the reasons we’re doing this deal so we’re in a position moving forward to (attract) free agents.
“What we get back from a draft position point of view, we’ll negotiate that as well go. But it has got to be something that helps us into the future.”

I just struggle to see why Bowes picks Geelong for game time. He’d be behind Parfit, Menegola, Holmes, Bruhn(if he goes there) All who didn’t play first 22 in the GF.

North, Hawks and Essendon can pay him more over time. Geelong have the financial model and he’s sacrificed already the last 2 years.

You pick Geelong and Brisbane for the chance at team success but with knowledge you currently aren’t best 22.
We play with a 30 man squad....
He'll play. How well he plays will dictate how many games he plays.
With Smith Menegola Tuohy Duncan in their twilight years there is plenty of opportunity going forward.
Plus the best of all, is experience the success of the greatest run club in the league down in God's country lol.
Seriously. In the end he'll make up his own mind what he wants or needs.
Cheers!

If Bowes wants to get to the Saints.

Trade 1- NM
StK Out: Clark
StK In: NM F2RP, NM F3RD

Trade 2- GCS
StK Out: Long, NM F2RP, NM F3RD
StK In: Bowes, P7

Sticking points are Clarko and Bowes nomination

I feel for Bowes. They all want this pick 7, forgetting about this 24 year old whose focus is opportunities.

I think hes a decent player he just has no trade value with that contract attached to him.

I say this nicely but zac guthrie shows if you play well enough we will find a best 22 spot for you (look at the quality of guys that got bumped to emergencies for zac to stay in) and bowes is as good as if not even a better player than zac. So if he backs himself theres no reason to think he wont be b22. The only reason to go to a bottom 6 club is if he doesnt have confidence in himself and thinks he needs to be on a weak list to get chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They want futures. It will be bowes and 7 for a future pick probably in the late r1/r2 range for 2023. (Or a combination of later 2023 picks that adds up to that).

Been told the Pies are looking to move up the draft order so if they manage to off load Grundy does that let them enter into this trade?
Think we’ve settled on our targets this year, only thing that would possibly change that is if we lose JDG along with Grundy.

De Goey has just re-signed, that puts us out of this race, if we were ever in it.

Why are they reporting that North has just entered the "race"? He is going to Geelong, done and dusted
Trade Radio hours per day - topic minutes to talk about is why.

They need some filler and spurious links between players and clubs creates things to talk about.

Holmes is the only one of those who would be deadset ahead of him. With Selwood gone there is a midfield spot open, not to mention Danger will probably spend more time in the forward line, Duncan can drop to half back, etc. If Geelong are keen on him, they can sell it to him just fine.

If the Suns want a 2nd in return then that makes it even worse for whoever takes his contract on
I did not want his salary + pick 7
Hopefully Lions don't even think about going for Bowes
We are not going to pay Dunkley that sort of money
plays into our hands.

We need to spend the $$ and tbh could do with the depth Bowes brings. he'd be top 25 for us quite easily.

F2 + F3 for Bowes, 7 & 31.
We can then either combine 7 & 22 to shift up (WCE?) or 22 & 31 (Bris/Syd?), or take them to the draft and hope Davey slides past 22.

You don't need the pick. You're getting Ashcroft, and also Gunston for free.
The only reason we’d be into it is if we saw Bowes as potential best 22 and getting pick 7 could somehow allow us to keep our first for next year without having much of a deficit. We’re pretty short on for young KPF’s so if we could get a decent one in next years draft before having to go back to matching a Levi Ashcroft bid the year after it’d be a good move.

You don't need the pick. You're getting Ashcroft, and also Gunston for free.
We need all the picks we can get
Ashcroft is likely pick 1 thats 3000 points less F/S discount
Fletcher picked to go 16 plus so another 1000 points less F/S discount
Gunston likely a late pick (44 or 69) to save both Hawks and Lions losing any free agency compensation for Amon and McStay

Dogs want good compensation for Dunkley possible 2 x first rounders but likely (1st presently 15) plus future 2nd

Lions presently have pick 15, 33, 44, 69 = Total 2086 points

We need all the picks we can get
Ashcroft is likely pick 1 thats 3000 points less F/S discount
Fletcher picked to go 16 plus so another 1000 points less F/S discount
Gunston likely a late pick (44 or 69) to save both Hawks and Lions losing any free agency compensation for Amon and McStay

Dogs want good compensation for Dunkley possible 2 x first rounders but likely (1st presently 15) plus future 2nd

Lions presently have pick 15, 33, 44, 69 = Total 2086 points
Would Brisbane have the cap space to accomodate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back