Traded Jack Steele [traded to St Kilda for 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why I bought the subject up mate. You tell me what you think would be a fair deal instead of just saying "that's not enough". You aren't bringing a lot to the conversation.

GWS is addicted to three things - high picks, cap room and future picks.

If he ends up at St Kilda - and Im still thinking AFL house leans on us to look after Brisbane - I suspect it might end up something like Steele+Pick 12ish for St Kilda's first this year@10ish + St Kilda's 2nd next year.

GWS is addicted to three things - high picks, cap room and future picks.

If he ends up at St Kilda - and Im still thinking AFL house leans on us to look after Brisbane - I suspect it might end up something like Steele+Pick 12ish for St Kilda's first this year@10ish + St Kilda's 2nd next year.
I don't understand the part about Brisbane? What does that have to do with Steele?

I don't understand the part about Brisbane? What does that have to do with Steele?

The AFL can, and has, both helped GWS and ****ed us over.

Brizzy is a mess.

A mega-deal, where we send all our spare players - including Steele, Tomlinson, Stewart and Hoskin-Elliot - to the Lions in exchange for something from the Lions and the AFL saying 'we owe you a favor and will tell Eddie that his opinions are valued about the Acadamies' makes sense.

Its sleazy as *, but thats the AFL.

The AFL can, and has, both helped GWS and stuffed us over.

Brizzy is a mess.

A mega-deal, where we send all our spare players - including Steele, Tomlinson, Stewart and Hoskin-Elliot - to the Lions in exchange for something from the Lions and the AFL saying 'we owe you a favor and will tell Eddie that his opinions are valued about the Acadamies' makes sense.

Its sleazy as ****, but thats the AFL.
Hold on, so you are suggesting the AFL will tell GWS where to trade their players and tell them what they should be traded for?

And how has the AFL stuffed GWS over?

For a start, we hired Sydney's Melbourne based scout, who Sydney wanted to make full time, and the AFL put him under our salary cap *cough* Treloar's girlfriend *cough*.

Then we have all the ******* around with the Academy bidding process, which is still continuing.

Then we have the whole 'you can play home finals, except when we want them at ANZ'.

For a start, we hired Sydney's Melbourne based scout, who Sydney wanted to make full time, and the AFL put him under our salary cap *cough* Treloar's girlfriend *cough*.

Then we have all the ******* around with the Academy bidding process, which is still continuing.

Then we have the whole 'you can play home finals, except when we want them at ANZ'.
And you think the AFL will tell you that you have to trade all those players to Beisbane?

And you think the AFL will tell you that you have to trade all those players to Beisbane?

No. I think they'll hint that 'You know, it would be a good thing if Brisbane did the sort of deal Carlton did, as having a healthy Lions is good for the League'.

Why don't you just come out and explain what the hell you are on about here? No need for *cough* it's big footy, the AFL aren't watching
So the AFL are trying find a fair way where you guys can have access to players the rest of the comp can't? Oh dear....
Yes, this is only a GWS problem.

Where did the WB play their final last year? Was it at Etihad?

I can't remember the Saints getting any finals there also in 09,10.

How often do Geelong get to play their finals at Kardinia Park.

Welcome to the AFL man, it's all about making money, which is exactly why you guys have been kissed on the dick. I'd hardly be whinging if I were you!

Why don't you just come out and explain what the hell you are on about here? No need for *cough* it's big footy, the AFL aren't watching

So the AFL are trying find a fair way where you guys can have access to players the rest of the comp can't? Oh dear....

See, a problem with this is people lying to themselves.

'Can't', in this case, means 'Can, by bidding for them'. Which is the exact opposite of cant.

See, let take, I dunno, Setterfield. He could be playing for St Kilda next year, if St Kilda bid for him and GWS dont match.

This is the very opposite of 'can't'.

No. I think they'll hint that 'You know, it would be a good thing if Brisbane did the sort of deal Carlton did, as having a healthy Lions is good for the League'.

Hahahaha... nah, you've lost me there. Brisbane is no Essendon in the AFL's eyes. :D

See, a problem with this is people lying to themselves.

'Can't', in this case, means 'Can, by bidding for them'. Which is the exact opposite of cant.

See, let take, I dunno, Setterfield. He could be playing for St Kilda next year, if St Kilda bid for him and GWS dont match.

This is the very opposite of 'can't'.
Yes, but if GWS decide they want him they can just say "nar, we'll take him for what you want to give up for him minus 20%". And I am not whinging about this, academy players are an important part of the northern clubs. But you seem to be whinging because the AFL are trying to make the process a little bit more fair... Didums!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but if GWS decide they want him they can just say "nar, we'll take him for what you want to give up for him minus 20%". And I am not whinging about this, academy players are an important part of the northern clubs. But you seem to be whinging because the AFL are trying to make the process a little bit more fair... Didums!

If Treloar stayed - and we tried to keep him - St Kilda's first rounder would trump ours plus 20%.

Would prefer next year's 2nd rather than a downgrade this year, maybe a swap of 3rds this year as well

Given GWS hold Collingwood's first, Geelong's first, our first, Adelaide's second and our second, a swap of thirds this year is valueless for GWS.

Given GWS hold Collingwood's first, Geelong's first, our first, Adelaide's second and our seocnd, a swap of thirds this year is valueless for GWS.
I realise that but idk might make them feel like they've taken a bit more from us in the trade which they would've

Remove this Banner Ad

Back