Traded Jarman Impey [traded to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Impey must be the big fish some hawks fans were saying they already had signed up 12 months ago.

...that was the explanation at the time for tossing out lewis and mitchell and paying massive overs for pick 10 anyway...
It wasn't panic decision making to get jaeger at all costs..

It was all part of a grand plan we mortals weren't privy to.

How long has impey been a hawk for? 12 months? 18 months?

That's how hawks do these things dontchaknow.
Ian cooper says hello.
Are you old enough to know who he is?

We've proven to be fair in the past, and to move on people who didn't want to be at Port with minimal fuss. The deal will get done with something resembling pick 32. Both clubs will posture and maybe it will end up as pick 32 with some wanky exchange of picks that no one understands and doesn't favour anyone, but makes it look like the recruiters were working hard. Then we'll all move on with our lives and Impey will probably be a serviceable player for another 5+ years and no one will bat an eyelid. We will all continue to hate Adelaide because they're obnoxious dickheads that bag everything that everyone does ever, but seem to carry on like they have won half a dozen flags in their last 20 years.

OMFG whoever said that must be some kind of mystical genius. Where are all those *heads that said he was barely worth a 3rd rounder?

Don't rate Impey & never have.

Apart from the ability to run very fast, I don't see anything that makes him stand out from the crowd. Doesn't kick a lot of goals and tends to miss regulation shots when the team really needs them.

Obviously the Hawks see something in him, will quietly watch from a distance on this one.

Don't rate Impey & never have.

Apart from the ability to run very fast, I don't see anything that makes him stand out from the crowd. Doesn't kick a lot of goals and tends to miss regulation shots when the team really needs them.

Obviously the Hawks see something in him, will quietly watch from a distance on this one.
Comic value?

042f39b45f6dc2919a67c460f59dbd8d.jpg

Hawk fan growing up?

Pretty switched on sorta kid. Happy for a punt on this one. Sounds like a ripper!

[I have no skin in this game, so don't feel any obligation to take it on board ~ B&GBlood]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good deal for both clubs, and for Impey it seems. Didn't know his dad has passed, hopefully a change of scenery does him and his footy some good.
I just find the later picks in this trade hilarious though. Like, how does the port Adelaide list manager look at this deal and say, well there's no way I'm doing this without a swap of thirds AND a future fourth rounder, anything less would be daylight robbery!
I think the best thing that has come out of trading future picks is the funny little pick swaps that are now tacked on to the end of any trade. Makes me chuckle every time to imagine how much bartering goes in to them, or to imagine a forlorn manager throwing up his arms in frustration and saying "Fine, we'll give you our future fourth for your future fifth, but by God you owe us on this one".

On average a player taken in the 30s is only a toss-up to get to 50 games:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/analysis/pick-value-comparison/medians

Impey looks good enough to me to play at least that many. Seems a decent deal for the Hawks, and good for Port because they lose a player they didn't really want or need, and get another shot at a later pick. Good for Impey because he gets a shot at a different environment. Everyone wins in this one.

Does this mean Hartung's more likely to go? Both he and Impey are sub-180cm guys whose primary skill is running around, rather than necessarily footy smarts. Seems like they might be battling for similar spots in the side?

Hur dur floggo. I was being serious. They've basically sitting out two consecutive drafts. It seems like they place a bigger emphasis on finding developed players that have adapted to AFL.

If you go back over the last seven or eight years we've hardly used a first round pick. Go further back and Clarkson has certainly been able to develop talent.

We've clearly made a judgement that the players we can get in trade are better value that who would be available at that pick. The last three players we've traded in (Mitchell, O'Meara and Impey) were all 23 or younger when traded in, so far from the finished product.

Does this mean Hartung's more likely to go? Both he and Impey are sub-180cm guys whose primary skill is running around, rather than necessarily footy smarts. Seems like they might be battling for similar spots in the side?

I think the question will be does Impey have the endurance to do the midfield duties Hartung performs? For all of Hartung's other faults he is a very strong endurance runner.

I think the question will be does Impey have the endurance to do the midfield duties Hartung performs? For all of Hartung's other faults he is a very strong endurance runner.

We will miss that, I guess the hope is that either of Lovell or Jono O'Rourke comes on to an extent. Both have good running endurance and from comments made by Andrew Russell through the year, that's exactly how they've been training Lovell.

No that's Jarrod Pickett.

We got JP with a pick in the 80s.

You have a Liam Jones - this is your Burgoyne replacement which is laughable and will be a miracle if he comes good.

Not one but TWO sweeteners by the Hawks? I mean yeah, they are completely useless, but pick 33 already feels like a huge win for Impey on its own

Remove this Banner Ad

Back