Traded Liam Henry [Traded with F4 to St Kilda for F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like you just want your club to do your old mate Ross a favour

I think a second will get it done
As much as I love Ross Lyon, it has nothing to do with him! LoL.

Again... I am realistic with the situation. Henry is out of contract. So saints 2nd which is pick 32, likely to be pushed to pick 35-40 is reasonable.

This won't be like the last trade which involved Freo and saints. Yep the Brad Hill trade.

Dockers had the cards as Brad Hill was under contract and decided to negotiate .

He's far from an A grader.
He put together a good run of games this year.

I know he only played 16 games but wasn't even in your top 10 for the B&F.

You'll be disappointed if you think he's getting you a first rounder.

Pick 30 to 35 IMO.
Saints pick 32 is the best case scenario. But that pick 32 will be pushed back to pick 37-40.

He is worth what the Saints will pay.

Henry is not a big name but nor is he a take it or leave it player for the Saints.

A deal will get done somewhere in between a 1st rounder and a F3.

What we appear to forget is clubs have to deal with each other year in & year out and the Saints can only deal the picks they have….no offence to Henry but he’s not a big enough name to risk souring the relationship over.

St K may also tinker around the edges and have a different draft hand to play/negotiate with…..the compromised draft isn’t really their problem…I’d think this gets done back half of the period.

Also no one wants the PSD drama - St K won’t want Henry changing his mind, going to another club or being blocked from being involved at his new club. Freo don’t want nothing and we’d never redraft him.

Saints win this trade initially as he wants to go and he’s better than what we will get back....he is however no dead set guarantee . Personally Ross will either make him or he’s about to face a world of pain and perhaps languish.

As much as I love Ross Lyon, it has nothing to do with him! LoL.
Probably right - however Ross had a lot to do with the Weller trade - if there was a head coach who was going to influence….its probably Rosco

I don’t think I’m alone in my thoughts on this one but unless the Saints stump up a reasonable offer I would be more than happy to push him to the PSD.
Nothing against the Saints, they’re just the innocent bystanders in this but Henry’s Agent Colin Young has a self professed vendetta against the Dockers (no idea why!!) that has cost us a few players of late.
Henry himself has been a part of the club since he was very young, working his way through our NGA and talent identification/ training etc. We gave him plenty of games when he wasn’t quite up to standard (but showed potential) and very much helped to get him to now be at a very serviceable level.
F&@# them both I say, if we dig our heals in here and Henry ends up at North, Hawks - or even better at the Eagles via the PSD will make any of our other Colon Young managed players think twice about their manager and their own future negotiations. Grass isn’t always greener !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think I’m alone in my thoughts on this one but unless the Saints stump up a reasonable offer I would be more than happy to push him to the PSD.
Nothing against the Saints, they’re just the innocent bystanders in this but Henry’s Agent Colin Young has a self professed vendetta against the Dockers (no idea why!!) that has cost us a few players of late.
Henry himself has been a part of the club since he was very young, working his way through our NGA and talent identification/ training etc. We gave him plenty of games when he wasn’t quite up to standard (but showed potential) and very much helped to get him to now be at a very serviceable level.
F&@# them both I say, if we dig our heals in here and Henry ends up at North, Hawks - or even better at the Eagles via the PSD will make any of our other Colon Young managed players think twice about their manager and their own future negotiations. Grass isn’t always greener !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will no doubt also make other players think twice about joining the Dockers in future.

Players choose to leave clubs all the time and clubs don’t get compensated in return. Just a fact of life.

Reminds me of when Cripps wanted to head back to WA after two years with the Saints. Drafted at 24 and we got pick 41 back. Totally bent over but we got him where he wanted to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will no doubt also make other players think twice about joining the Dockers in future.

Players choose to leave clubs all the time and clubs don’t get compensated in return. Just a fact of life.

Reminds me of when Cripps wanted to head back to WA after two years with the Saints. Drafted at 24 and we got pick 41 back. Totally bent over but we got him where he wanted to go.
Henry was pick 9 thanks to the Saints list manager & we’re asking for close to a 17 pick down grade like the Cripps deal. Pick 26 would get it done.

Seems reasonable request as we still get totally bent over.

I would assume that the pick we get for Coffield will be passed on to Dockers for Henry. Both top 10 draft picks and both have played some good football.

I would assume that the pick we get for Coffield will be passed on to Dockers for Henry. Both top 10 draft picks and both have played some good football.
Coffield was drafted 2 years earlier, hasn't shown as much as Henry did in the last part of the season and has injury problems (including an ACL...)

Unless Dogs are clueless then this aint happening

Coffield was drafted 2 years earlier, hasn't shown as much as Henry did in the last part of the season and has injury problems (including an ACL...)

Dogs will part with a late second which is where Henrys value is. No brainer to me.

You could argue Coffield has shown more, he was 5th in our best and fairest in 2020 and top 5 in the league for marks.

Where was Henry in the B&F this year?

They are comparable in terms of where they were taken in the draft and what they have shown career to date.

Henry was pick 9 thanks to the Saints list manager & we’re asking for close to a 17 pick down grade like the Cripps deal. Pick 26 would get it done.

Seems reasonable request as we still get totally bent over.

26-35 seems about right to me.

No real difference in those picks at the end of the day.

Firstly, I don't think we will get a lot for Coffield unfortunately

But to say he hasn't shown as much as Henry is laughable. In just his third season he was top 5 in the best and fairest in a finals side.

Unfortunately injury has completely derailed his career over the last two years.

Correct and hasn't played AFL since his ACL

Saints apparently only offered him 1 year too, he is gonna be worth next to nothing lol
So late 3rd round or 4th round is where coffield is rated now, I do admit he was a great young talent when he was on the field but they’ve got eggs in there hands if they think we’ll flog Henry off for Coffields trade value lol

Correct and hasn't played AFL since his ACL

Saints apparently only offered him 1 year too, he is gonna be worth next to nothing lol
Yep and it's his injury issues that will mean we don't get a lot for him.

But you claiming he hasn't shown as much as Henryis laughable. Shows you proba ly don't watch a lot of footy outside of Freo games...

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Liam Henry [Traded with F4 to St Kilda for F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back