Traded Mabior Chol [Traded with #62 to Hawthorn for F2 (Bris)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget stats, Chol plays like a forward every time I’ve watched him.

Kosi is a failed backman who frustrated the hell out of Hawks fans with his lack of forward craft.

Fergus Green at 188cm was our key forward for the best part of the first 6 rounds while Lewis was injured, basically because Kosi was so unreliable.

Last edited:
It would be good to have Gunston back. I would happily pay his wage and hand over an F6 pick to get it done.
If they are offering Ryan a 3 year contract then I think we should ask for a draft pick as well.

That is extraordinary. I wonder if he is coming back to be an on field forward coach (our forward line could use a bit of coaching).
Be absolutely worth it.
You seem a bit knowledgeable about what Suns told Chol :)

As far as I know, the club told Chol during exit interview that his AFL opportunity will be probably limited as new kids are coming in and King is healthy, and that club is happy for him to explore opportunities if he wants to. If no acceptable offer comes up the club is happy for him to stay and fight for a spot.

Believe it or not.

Suns could be bluffing but Suns did stuck to their acceptable offer with Sharp last year and it would not surprise me they do the same with Chol. Next year could be a different story.

Salary cap is in decent shape according to club.

Yes, IMO, the deal also gets done and you could be correct. Let's see.
What about list spots? Do you need to open up any more spots that’s the 4 delisting already for the academy potential guns coming through?

Be absolutely worth it.

What about list spots? Do you need to open up any more spots that’s the 4 delisting already for the academy potential guns coming through?
Cameron was talking about going probably with 6-7 spots into draft.

because of the points bidding it is a bit hard to calculate how many picks you need for that 6 or 7, but who else will you cut If Chol isn’t traded?
Constable and Burgess are gone. Day and Casboult are out of contract and will be probably re-rookied. That's 4. Chol and Hollands probably - that's 6. Then there are several candidates to be moved from senior list to rookie list if needed similar to Greenwood, Thompson in the past. Players like Berry, Sexton, Macpherson, Fiorini, Atkins, Lemmens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looks really close to me.
Kozi is below average 4 of the 6 criteria, hasn’t proven he can produce at AFL level and your own club values him at 1 year at $150k, your club clearly rates Mabior.

Doesn’t really matter now, highly likely to stay

Kozi is below average 4 of the 6 criteria, hasn’t proven he can produce at AFL level and your own club values him at 1 year at $150k, your club clearly rates Mabior.

He isn't being offered 150k. Why are you saying that?

Richmond offered him 150k more than whatever hawthorn offered.

As opposed to Chol being above average in none, average in 4 and below average in 2. I still don’t see the huge gap some people seem to see.

ESS
Gain: Duursma
Lose: BZT, Massimo

PORT
Gain: BZT, Pick 33 (Haw)
Lose: Duursma, Pick 41

HAW
Gain: Massimo, Chol
Lose: Pick 33

SUNS
Gain: Pick 41 (Port)
Lose: Chol
Will do that if it includes Suns late 3 picks too to come to Hawks. We need the points. Suns are not taking 10 picks to draft and will lose the last 3 anyway.

Constable and Burgess are gone. Day and Casboult are out of contract and will be probably re-rookied. That's 4. Chol and Hollands probably - that's 6. Then there are several candidates to be moved from senior list to rookie list if needed similar to Greenwood, Thompson in the past. Players like Berry, Sexton, Macpherson, Fiorini, Atkins, Lemmens.
Day and Lemmens had potential dor long careers but they both really dropped off. Surely Fiorini won’t be delisted?

ESS
Gain: Duursma
Lose: BZT, Massimo

PORT
Gain: BZT, Pick 33 (Haw)
Lose: Duursma, Pick 41

HAW
Gain: Massimo, Chol
Lose: Pick 33

SUNS
Gain: Pick 41 (Port)
Lose: Chol
That’s looks pretty fair. Have Essendon a little unders and Hawthorn a little overs, but that can be fixed with a late swap. As a Hawks supporter, I like it, as long as we have enough points for Mcabe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back