Traded Max Lynch F3 (Freo), F4(GC) to Hawthorn for F3 and F3 (Bris)

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally if we are keeping one of Cox or Lynch, it should be Lynch.
Much rather get forward games into Krueger, Johnson or Begg than Cox.

And I reckon Lynch will be much more valuable as a commodity this time next year.

That being said, if Lynch is to be traded, I would only be interested in either a future 3rd, or a 2021 swap of 24 for our 36.

Anything less is a terrible deal for the Pies IMHO.
I doubt Hawthorn want to move down this year. Future pick trade is our best option, IMO. We have enough points for this year. Future 3rd may be viewed a bit steep, so perhaps we throw back the GC future 4th. Unfortunately, he's way more value to us than in a trade. Tough to increase in value without playing many AFL games.
This is all dependant on Geelong. Do they get rid of Fort to Brisbane so Ceglar can leave to Geelong and we can get Lynch?
You'd think these might have to be a mega-trade that so rarely occur. Cats need Ceglar before releasing Fort. Hawthorn might need the Lynch commitment and deal prior to releasing Ceglar.

Ex and out of favour Collingwood ruckman coming to Hawthorn. That’ll never work.

On another topic, I wonder whether the Cats will get Ceglar
He'll have to sit out a couple of seasons before he meets their age criteria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That won't be happening. I think it will depend on what we can for Ceglar

Ceglar is probably going to be the equivalent of a mid to late R3 (could be current picks or futures) and i would imagine you trade roughly that value back out for lynch..maybe some late pick swaps between the clubs but lynch fort and ceglar will all be roughly equivalent price wise.

It's called tradng you give to get. You ruled out giving anything at all. So you donlt get really trading is a simple concept. You trade something of value for something else of value. You ruled out giving anything at all. So you donlt get anything at all.

What's wrong with a third round selection for Lynch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back