• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
My understanding is that unvaccinated athletes for the Winter Olympics will have some form of quarantine ( which is above the event bubble ) My guess is that a few may do this because the Olympics happen every four years.

In terms of general life my understanding is that Non-Vaxxed may be restricted in places they can attend, while in the case of work it will be regular PCR/Rat tests - I assume that once China reaches their target 80% vaxx rate in April, then life may be more relaxed.
Sounds like here for the most part

You and Federer and Nadal fans.. live in the same dream world.. it doesn't matter what I believe.. it only matters what I can prove.. so please.. don't tell me what I know.. and don't know.. I know the law!
Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

The standard of proof is lower BUT if the Government seriously thinks that Novak has an influence in a country which is over 90% vaccinated then they are deluded - I have never seen Novak actively promote people not to be VAXXED, and I have seen no evidence he is funding Anti-vaxx movements.
They don’t seriously think that he has an influence over the entire country. They have not accused him of funding anti-vaxxers or of actively promoting people not to be vaxxed.

I think you need to read what the minister actually said rather than guessing. The notification of cancellation starts on the tenth page of this stupidly large pdf;

That PDF is the 268 page affidavit of Djokovic’s solicitor, Natalie Bannister, and includes a whole bunch of other documents as attachments, including the minister’s reasoning for cancelling the visa.

The Minister’s reasoning begins on the 14th page under the heading “GROUNDS FOR CANCELLING VISA”. It continues through to the 22nd page of the PDF.

Not that the WTA (nor the ATP) have any say over ITF Grand Slam tournaments.

Sure but good luck getting the players to agree to play there. And whilst the ATP and WTA have no say, the ITP won’t want to have them offside on this.

The Peng Shuai incident makes a Grand Slam in China unpalatable for the tennis community.

Can’t have a COVID-unvaxxed player possibly win and become the greatest of all time. What does that say about all the vaxxed players and the vaccine itself!
The government argument is ridiculous. The guy is here to play a tournament, not to push the anti-vax agenda on Australians.

The man is not a threat to Australia. The governments handling of the pandemic is THE threat.

Personally, i hope he stays. It’s not the greatest debacle of the ScoMo era, but it’s the most high profile of the lot which demonstrates the incompetence of Australia under his government not just to Australians, but to the entire world. He can beat his chest to his base all he wants about border policy. It shouldn’t be at this stage.
In your opinion, the only people that would gaf are his Serbian supporters and the minority of Aussies who feel outraged that this lowlife may get the boot.

The Age interviewed the official ( coach ) who entered Australia under the same medical exemption as Novak and who was later deported after the fiasco - The coach claims that he was contacted by Immigration at 10pm on the night Novak arrived ( at 11.20pm ) to arrange a meeting for the next morning in which he was informed his visa would be cancelled - Join the dots and you can see the Fed Govt changed the rules/regulations when Novak was flying to Australia - This is shocking policy.
More likely the Feds looked at the Tennis Australia exemptions and realised that they weren't valid exemptions.

Tennis Australia have ****ed up royally.

The standard of proof is lower BUT if the Government seriously thinks that Novak has an influence in a country which is over 90% vaccinated then they are deluded - I have never seen Novak actively promote people not to be VAXXED, and I have seen no evidence he is funding Anti-vaxx movements.
I can’t say that I’ve ever listened to it but there was a report early in this saga about Novak either having or being on a podcast where he was talking about the vaccination and trashing it (amongst other stuff like how your mood and active presence can change the way food tastes). In any event as has been discussed they don’t need to prove any of that with the way ministerial powers work (which I’d note I have serious issues with).

Age Poll​

Should he stay or should he go?​

Do you think Novak Djokovic should be allowed to stay in Australia to play tennis when unvaccinated or not?

No, he should not be allowed to stay and play (71%)
Yes, he should be allowed to stay and play (14%)
I do not care if he is allowed in to play while unvaccinated or not (15%)
% of all 1607 respondents.
Source: Resolve Political Monitor (Resolve Strategic), 2022 with a sample size of 1607.

The reasons for the cancellation are clearly ludicrous. I expect this gets laughed out of court.

One has to wonder if this was intentional by the Federal Government. No sane person would have received multiple days of legal advice decided to cancel the visa and done so on such spurious reasoning as "the possibility to incite vaccine hesitancy". It feels like a fake to me. Intentionally cancelled on grounds that will be overthrown to appear tough on the border and anti vaxxers while not taking any action.
Never underestimate the ineptitude of this Govt!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Novak is a reasonable chance to get an injunction to play.

After the Australian Open is done, Tiley will lose his job. As he should.
If Djokovic gets to play, then Tiley has succeeded in bringing the top tennis player in the world to play in the AO again. Tell me how this outcome should lead to him losing his job?

If Djokovic gets to play, Hawke and Morrison should lose their jobs. Instead, the plebs will buy the spin again and vote them back in May

If Djokovic gets to play, then Tiley has succeeded in bringing the top tennis player in the world to play in the AO again. Tell me how this outcome should lead to him losing his job?

If Djokovic gets to play, the Hawke and Morrison should lose their jobs. The plebs will buy the spin again and vote them back in May
Well.. we'll just wait and see what plays out in the coming months, shall we?

IF Tiley manages to keep his job @ Tennis Australia long-term ... I will give you a hundred million dollars. Deal? nuff nuff.

Last edited:
Can somebody post the link to the 9.30am hearing? I saw it somewhere many pages back but can't find it.

Cheers
Federal Court of Australia has their own You Tube channel. It will be there. No live stream up on that channel just yet.

It's funny that only antivaxxers and Novax fans have this opinion. Coincidentally, they have little to no knowledge on immigration law.
Don't know about anyone else but no way I believe Novax when he says he didn't know he was positive when he was photographed with those children..mingling freely at that event.
Or...he never was pos and lied...or...he was out and about whilst awaIting his result. All reprehensible acts...as are fawning sycophants who defend him at any cost.
All makes me want to puke.
Please judges
Unanimously send him home
Or
Debate for 2 weeks whilst brat remains in detention.
Stuff him
Happy tsunami day everyone.
(I won't make a political comment in this thread about our pathetic climate change stance here as it's inappropriate.) ;)

Back