Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think all things being equal and if we wasn’t out of contract, 30 is about right. He’s under achieved throughout his career and only had 2 good years in my opinion, one of which was this year.

In saying that given he’s contracted and fills the 2nd ruck role that we need, it’s understandable that Freo hold out for more.

Having Sharp and O’Meara being possibilities opens this trade up it will be interesting to see the final cost.

I think 30 and F2 for Freo’s F3 and Lobb would be ok, but understand if Freo fans will disagree.

But bullies supporters were adamant only ONE was more than enough!!??
Were we? I can remember multiple people in here package 30 with either an F2/F3 or 39 this year to get it done only to be told by Freo fans "he's not getting traded for any less than a first rounder" if there's a set of supporters doing a backflip here it's you guys and Sam Power again will get it done

Honestly hope we don't do it purely to spite Young and kill his credibility.

The player managers are partially at fault here, but they're only taking advantage of the system and the broader player movement environment. It's bonkers that Lobb can say I want to move to Melbourne but only to the Dogs. I know that's likely because there's been some agreement on contract terms and/or playing opportunity that other clubs wouldn't match, but the sequencing is problematic. You shouldn't be able to agree contract terms with another club, and then submit a trade request to only go to that club - should be the other way around. I know that's incredibly naive but the AFL has created its own problems by facilitating such an environment where that's considered perfectly fine.

It's worse with Lobb as he's contracted, but applies the same to Dunkley, Henry or anyone else who wants out. You can ask for a trade, and to a specific club (or state), but you can't then expect the club to just bend over and let it happen at any old price.

The bulldogs are feeling this with Dunkley, but they're just as bad with Lobb. It seems like more clubs are trying to get good value for their players but expecting to get anyone in for unders. The system needs a correction at some point soon.

The player managers are partially at fault here, but they're only taking advantage of the system and the broader player movement environment. It's bonkers that Lobb can say I want to move to Melbourne but only to the Dogs. I know that's likely because there's been some agreement on contract terms and/or playing opportunity that other clubs wouldn't match, but the sequencing is problematic. You shouldn't be able to agree contract terms with another club, and then submit a trade request to only go to that club - should be the other way around. I know that's incredibly naive but the AFL has created its own problems by facilitating such an environment where that's considered perfectly fine.

It's worse with Lobb as he's contracted, but applies the same to Dunkley, Henry or anyone else who wants out. You can ask for a trade, and to a specific club (or state), but you can't then expect the club to just bend over and let it happen at any old price.

The bulldogs are feeling this with Dunkley, but they're just as bad with Lobb. It seems like more clubs are trying to get good value for their players but expecting to get anyone in for unders. The system needs a correction at some point soon.
I'm fine with Lobb doing that, but if a trade doesn't get done it isn't on the club. Our club that is.

I reckon the dunkley trade is holding everything up
May be a three-way trade with Hawks-Freo-Dogs as part of the O'Meara trade too.
Still plenty to play out. Think Freo need Bulldog assets to get O'Meara across the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's in the box!
200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back