Prediction Round 16: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's really gonna pi$$ off the VFL establishment when they try everything in the playbook to dimish Fremantle's chances, and we come out breathing fire and smash them anyways.
We did this before in a preliminary final shunted down to Geelong.
This is our chance to really show them what we're made of. We'll stand up and leave our mark.
Whilst we'll be without Tabs, I thought our forward line seemed more funtional last week having to seek attacking options other than "kick it deep to Tabs".
We can do this, and upset a few poor souls in the process.

On SM-T825Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m leaning towards the MCG, even though it forfeits any neutrality. Give them more experience there.

They are saying game will be at a “neutral” venue in Geelong. WTF any game in Vic IS NOT neutral as they will have a home crowd not us. It’s not the ground dimensions that determines home ground advantage it’s the crowd. If not you would not have the huge home ground winning rate in the NBA where all courts are exactly the same size.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s a massive inconvenience this week for us due to traveling back already.
I imagine we will be back to normal for our home clash v Geelong tho. Hopefully with a bit of a break to refresh from the travel.

id be filthy if we were in premiership contention. Glad this is happening while we aren’t. It’s totaling f-ing the eagles last couple of seasons though, which is enjoyable

I get a bit despondent with the COVID situation from time to time - can anyone explain the merits in us being asked to go to Victoria?

0 cases overnight, with the possibility lockdown could end Saturday. Even a stadium at quarter or half capacity (which we're barely managing most weeks anyway) would be worthwhile. Then we fly to Tassie a non-COVID hotspot and the entire situation may have changed for better or worse by the Geelong game?

I don't get it.
Lockdown ends Saturday 12:01 AM, there is too much uncertainty to leave a call until then so AFL have made the call early, Ironically if we had a Sunday game maybe they could have waited?

Looks like the decision is being made for us. heck it, if we're going to make finals, may as well do it the difficult way now. Let's back them in to get this done.

as s**t as this, this could be a character defining few weeks for the group if we beat Carlton and the Hawks when forced into a hub and to keep our finals chances alive.

as sh*t as this, this could be a character defining few weeks for the group if we beat Carlton and the Hawks when forced into a hub and to keep our finals chances alive.
I love the character shown last week, if the guys come out and win the next two despite everything, could add some serious belief behind the group heading into the tough month afterwards which inevitably snowballs into winning the flag this year, works for me

I love the character shown last week, if the guys come out and win the next two despite everything, could add some serious belief behind the group heading into the tough month afterwards which inevitably snowballs into winning the flag this year, works for me
100%, if we end up going 3/3 on the road in this patch, this could be the point where the group really does take some serious steps forward and be the start of something special

If they can't play at Optus, then I would play the game somewhere like Geraldton. Play it in the daytime with a crowd of 10k. Good enough for WC v Freo in a pre-season match. Broadcast was more than fine. I don't give a stuff what travel inconvenience it causes them. Welcome to our world when we have to play in Geelong or Tasmania.
Yes please! They can fly direct to our airport and we are not in lockdown so no quarantine issue.

If we can somehow string together consecutive road wins against Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn it will be massive. I truly believe the next fortnight presents an opportunity for us to take the next step and launch an assault on the finals against some better teams at home in the run home. And If we couldn’t beat Carlton and Hawthorn in a hub we’d be unlikely to win a final from 8th anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back